[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest sambosat

Hi guys. I have a big big problem. I have installed Android and was super happy with it since it was more stable than before. I worked with it a bit and and found some problems and wanted to share it with you guys to see if it is normal or I need to do anything. Then I woke up in the morning and found out that the phone was oddly worm.

I thought to report it to you guys but I was busy at work and could not do it. I start working at 7 am and by 11 am the battery was still at 90% I was kinda satisfied since I also made 2 phone calls.

But at around 12pm I wanted to use the phone but the phone was off and I thought that it was frozen so I unplugged the battery and re-plugged it but the phone did not start so I thought that the battery was dead and to my surprise the battery was actually damaged and does not want to charge. Please did anyone have that problem or It was only me.

What can be wrong and how can I avoid this problem again. Also I have the following comments if you can help me with.

1- battery was damage after just 24 hours of work

2- Some apps were crashing when I start them.

3- With beta 1 angry bird was working but not with Beta 2

4- Can we use speaker phone or not with Android

Thank you guys

So no one knows?

Guest PuCiNhOOO

26 hours later, using only android, I still have 29% of battery after a few calls, maybe 7 or 8 (about 30 minutes of call). 15 SMS, 40 minutes using as a mp3 player, 15 minutes using wifi. Yes, the beta 2 have a few bugs, but the only bothering me is the fact that when I start a call I can´t wake the phone up. Everytime that I do a call I have to plug and unplug in the charger to make the phone wake up. Everithing else is ok. The camera I don´t know becouse I never use it.

That is not necessary... Just news to swipe the finger on the proxymity sensor, the phone will wake up =)

Guest luismi18

Hi people! I'm going to cooment my experiences with this Beta2 after 48h with it.

First of all: Thanks a lot to devs! This beta is a lot faster.

My Installation: an ext4 partition in My Storage, as in previous releases. Just did a format, copied and untared the filesystem from Ubuntu. All went as expected on first boot. Then I restored a bunch of applications (apks+data) from a MyBackup Pro backup.

Odd things I noticed

- I can launch camera app, modify settings and take pictures. However, although a new file is stored in the sdcard, just a black image is displayed in gallery. I inspected the file created on a pc and it looked like rubbish and couldn't be visualized. It worked for me in Beta 1.

- I couldn't launch the gallery from the camera application by touching the thumbnail on the upper-right corner. It worked for me in Beta 1.

- Although in the first boot time was right, later on I noticed that it was 1 hour back, so I changed the time. It happened two more times, and finally I just checked the automatic setup from network and it haven't happened again.

- Some apps that worked in Beta1 have hung (do not know if it is related with root privileges): MyBackup Pro in the middle of a restore of various apps (hung twice); Astro file manager while accessing a directory with apks; RootExplorer (2.14.2) launched but only showed a black screen.

- Phone has freezed twice after receiving/making a call. I read about swiping over the proximity sensor but the freeze was on the phone application, let me explain: the gui was stuck in the green screen with the call duration. Neither swiping on the proximity sensor nor pressing the red/sleep button unfreezed the application. Pressing the sleep button just turned on and off the screen, without affecting the phone app status. Home button, Back button and the notification area didn't respond.

- Battery charging through usb has an odd behavior. As I'm writing is the first time I'm sure it has reached 100%. In other occasions it seemed it just reached between 93% and 97%, and then the battery icon return to normal although the lock screen said it was charging yet :huh: . Update: Just 5 minutes after reaching 100%, and although baterry indicator is not charging, lock screen says "Charging (98%)" :blink:

- Battery life: I can not say anything here with strong roots. Beta1 was giving me 10-12h with 3g enabled all time and bright at minimum (usage: whatsapp, couple of 2 minute calls, couple of sms, 20min of gaming). I can only state that I have seen battery % going down from 92 to 80 by just rebooting. Rest of time I've been touching many things to say how long it lasts.

New things I've noticed

- Phone now exposes sdcard as a shared drive when connected through usb to a pc (Win7x64 with Kies installed). Also debug device is initiated.

- GPS fix is a lot faster than WinMo!!

- A lot of more free ram, although many more programs launched in background by themselves. As suggested I've not installed ATK and the killing scripts seem to be working properly. Could this apps launching by themselves in bg explain some momentary fast battery draining I've also noticed?

Well, I think that's all I can remember by know. I think I will try another fresh install without restoring backups to see if some of the odd things disappear.

Thanks for reading :D

Edited by luismi18

Guest marisaleh

voyteckst, I think you guys in dev should look at the phone

function again, at least in Beta1 the phone function was

perfect after installing call light.

to be honest this release is no good if the phone isn't

100% reliable. you can't take it with you anywhere like this.

Guest voyteckst

voyteckst, I think you guys in dev should look at the phone

function again, at least in Beta1 the phone function was

perfect after installing call light.

to be honest this release is no good if the phone isn't

100% reliable. you can't take it with you anywhere like this.

We cannot test it all over the world. How do you think we can do this? We are in two countries and there phone works perfect (for me 3g, UMTS network).

I'm using it daily (Sandor also), so it was tested by us.

BTW. Remember that it's beta ;-)

Edited by voyteckst

At first a big THANKS to the Dev's.

The new Beta2 is much more stable than the Beta1.

I notiched a few things:

- beta2 is slower compared to the beta1 also Quadrant (700 vs 400) but its because of EXT4 I think?

- ADB doesn't work for me after testing a few Drivers.

greetz

Guest marisaleh

We cannot test it all over the world. How do you think we can do this? We are in two countries and there phone works perfect (for me 3g, UMTS network).

I'm using it daily (Sandor also), so it was tested by us.

BTW. Remember that it's beta ;-)

so how do i get my phone to work

it was fine in beta1.

do i need to change anything in configuration and what.

thanks

Good day! I'm having some issues with beta2 is not recognizing the phone signal. My omnia is a I8000L and is being used with the P ersonal company from Argentina. Is there any solution for this problem? or simply can not use the beta? Thanks for your answers

Hmmmm , even i have the same network problem too but i realized something weird is that , i can use the 3g, 2g , i have the network , but i just cant make phone call ..i failed to search for networks when i went to the network setting. it is written error while searching for networks ... hope to get a solution :) thanks

Guest PuCiNhOOO

I'm sorry. but anyone no answer. :(

Try an third party app for camera ...

I'm using Camera Advanced, and it's a lot better than the native camera app ...

Faster, and more accurate ... and it can use the camera button, to open the camera advanced app and to take photos =)

Guest carlosm180

---------------------------------------

PROBLEMS:

For those who have problems with pink screen. Use this kernel BUT ONLY FOR checking what's going on. It has enabled vga console, but causes instability of android. AFTER problem diagnosis, You HAVE TO use normal kernel (with pink screen).

Features under development:

- Bluetooth implementation in Android (it's working at kernel level)

- Enable in driver 24bit display support and get rid of banding

- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) {slooooow and some features broken}

- Front Camera

Possible future features

- Open Source (github.com build)

- TV-Out

I try to use this zImage....blinking cursor and after 4-5 second, all is black !!! I can´t understand what is the problem. Please help me!

Guest PuCiNhOOO

I try to use this zImage....blinking cursor and after 4-5 second, all is black !!! I can´t understand what is the problem. Please help me!

You are using the zimage of the tests ... if it didn't appear the word android, it means that your startup.txt is wrong ...

If need help, PM me =p can help with team viewer on Windows or Linux =)

Edited by PuCiNhOOO

First when I start haret.exe(from my omnia 2 GT-i8000) I get the pink screen as normal, after a while it switches to a android text with a "rolling" light in it. After maybe 20 sec it stops and nothing happens. Sometimes when I restart the phone I can get a short flash of the android figure, but it dissapears. What have I done wrong? I'm trying to install it on the internal storage because I got 16 gb of free space there and no sdcard.

What I have done: Split the storage into one 14gb fat32 partition and one ext4 partion at 2 GB.

Installed it through ubuntu (sudo tar zxvf ext4.tar.gz -C/media/android (yes, the label is android)

Copied the haret, zimage and startup file.

Is this even compitable with the GT verision of i8000? I've tried this with the old beta too without any progsess. Anyone with a idea?

Guest carlosm180

You are using the zimage of the tests ... if it didn't appear the word android, it means that your startup.txt is wrong ...

If need help, PM me =p can help with team viewer on Windows or Linux =)

my startup.txt should be correct (I hope!): " fdisk -l" shows my ext4 partition is sdf6, so I put "mmcblk1p6"...no other changes!!!

Guest PuCiNhOOO

my startup.txt should be correct (I hope!): " fdisk -l" shows my ext4 partition is sdf6, so I put "mmcblk1p6"...no other changes!!!

Do you have an SDCard inserted? are you installing it on my storage, or are already using the auto installer?

When I open the SetCPU am informed that I have root privileges.

A direct example would be to run the program Root Checker, which has the free market, which shows that do not have this privilege.

Interestingly only managed to root with all privileges in Android 2.1 beta 1. And did it using the program Z4root but that does not work in beta 2 Froyo.

voyteckst, you found the problem of not being root?

Root ckecker ran the program as I suggested? He returns the phone message that is not root and thus we can not run programs that require root privileges :blink:

Guest carlosm180

Do you have an SDCard inserted? are you installing it on my storage, or are already using the auto installer?

No SDCard into my Omnia2, I manually install android on "My storage" (fat32, sdf5)

Gracias a los desarrolladores de este proyecto. Siento no escribir en Ingles.

Parece que todo me va bien, solo me falla la Batería que solo carga al 94%

Tampoco me carga el Sygic Aura GPS

Por otra parte en España operadores Yoigo y Movistar van perfectos tanto en Voz como en Datos 2G y 3G

Muy buen trabajo.

GRACIAS