[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Did anyone having some delay while receiving call?

For me I gotta wait around 10secs then able to see the screen which allow me to answer the phone.

I can only hear the sound for ringing, then after 10-15 seconds can see the answer/reject button.

Before this no display upon receive incoming call.

It caused me to have some missed call as sometime callers only ring for awhile.

If any of you encountered the same problem, please share too.

Thanks.

Edited by kenzoo

Guest voyteckst

Can someone confirm video files support?

I can play video but without any sound... no option to increase/decrease volume in the player and the vol up/down hardware buttons just change the Ringer volume.

Everything works fine for Music player and the hardware buttons bring up the Media volume.

~Firefly

Try moboplayer.

Guest alabama20

I have connected to my work wifi network with static ip, but i cant connect to the internet any solution?

If you know how to modify permissions in linux then it's easy to solve this problem and if you do it then you will not need to set up static ip anymore.

give read/write permission to build.prop with sudo chmod 777 build.prop , then edit theese two lines:

#net.dns1=8.8.4.4

#net.dns2=8.8.8.8

to:

net.dns1=8.8.4.4

net.dns2=8.8.8.8

and then save it. Problem solved

Guest alabama20

Can someone confirm video files support?

I can play video but without any sound... no option to increase/decrease volume in the player and the vol up/down hardware buttons just change the Ringer volume.

Everything works fine for Music player and the hardware buttons bring up the Media volume.

~Firefly

I downloaded one media player which plays mp4-s perfect with sound... But i don't remember it's name :S

Guest voyteckst

If you know how to modify permissions in linux then it's easy to solve this problem and if you do it then you will not need to set up static ip anymore.

give read/write permission to build.prop with sudo chmod 777 build.prop , then edit theese two lines:

#net.dns1=8.8.4.4

#net.dns2=8.8.8.8

to:

net.dns1=8.8.4.4

net.dns2=8.8.8.8

I told You that and You didn't answered earlier if it works. Thank You very much...

I just found out that when the phone is plugged in and charging, the screen works perfectly during a call. I thought this might help the devs

+1 4 hours now my phone is plugged in to my pc and no problems so far. Wifi with static ip works great, received and made calls, connect to market, update all my apps. Excellent so far. I havent tested it yet without plugged in.

#net.dns1=8.8.4.4

#net.dns2=8.8.8.8

to:

net.dns1=8.8.4.4

net.dns2=8.8.8.8

I dont need it anymore as somehow worked.

Guest ASMARTTECHIE

A M A Z I N G _ SPEED!

the new beta is fasttt!

automated installer works great.. no probs with installation at all..

BUT

the phone part is not working? ? data is working fine..everything else is looking fine.. but unable to make/receive calls!

help plz..

yea ,dev teams .. pls pls pls pls ... fix this please :) :) :)

others r all smoooooooooooooth n had no problems at all ... i wonder is changin our phone firmware helps in this?

My WiFi cannot even connect to a network, not even with a static IP. When I choose a wireless network it goes "Connecting..." "Disconnected" "Scanning" "Connecting..." "Disconnected" and then it stops. Anybody else encountered this problem?

LOL Why you keep insisting beta2 is not rooted?

if you can navigate to the /root folder, there's no problem at all.

I've no problem to run setcpu at all!

When I run the SetCPU that even works partially, but not just speak it, but all programs that require root access, I get the message that I do not have this privilege.

Run the program and check the Root Checker that shows you

My WiFi cannot even connect to a network, not even with a static IP. When I choose a wireless network it goes "Connecting..." "Disconnected" "Scanning" "Connecting..." "Disconnected" and then it stops. Anybody else encountered this problem?

I have encountered this and after trying sometimes, and connect through 3g, change my ip, now i manage to connect. I advice u to keep trying.

Guest voyteckst

When I run the SetCPU that even works partially, but not just speak it, but all programs that require root access, I get the message that I do not have this privilege.

If it's isn't enough for You, install SuperUser app from Market and then check.

Guest alabama20

I told You that and You didn't answered earlier if it works. Thank You very much...

Forgive me but i'm on a hungarian forum too and i posted there if i remember good... and i forget to write you back...

Guest alabama20

+1 4 hours now my phone is plugged in to my pc and no problems so far. Wifi with static ip works great, received and made calls, connect to market, update all my apps. Excellent so far. I havent tested it yet without plugged in.

I dont need it anymore as somehow worked.

But static ip trick works only on your home router if you go somewhere there the wifi wouldn't work... But it's up to you

Guest alabama20

#net.dns1=8.8.4.4

#net.dns2=8.8.8.8

to:

net.dns1=8.8.4.4

net.dns2=8.8.8.8

Then save it and the problem is solved

Edited by alabama20

Guest alabama20

The beta is fully rooted, i can easily run setcpu or anything that requires root access... so maybe you did something with it

#net.dns1=8.8.4.4

#net.dns2=8.8.8.8

to:

net.dns1=8.8.4.4

net.dns2=8.8.8.8

Then save it and the problem is solved

Can we do that from a terminal emulator app from market. Can u advise?

Guest alabama20

I dont have ubuntu installed and i am not familiar with linux. The commands are exactly those you wrote?

Maybe it will work because android is linux based, but i'm not sure. Maybe Vojtekst can answer you this question.

Same here. Even worse...

Added this tracking issue to Google Code Omnia2droid project: http://code.google.c...s/detail?id=162

Hope someone would take a look at it as soon as possible.