[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest buzgoooo

hi

I have got a prblem. I always get logo loop on boot. i tried to delete partition again and again but nothing changed. I even tried installing on sd card but it didnt solve. I also tried mkfs.ext4/dev/sdXY, but I got an error: No such a file or directory.

please somebody help

Guest Stefan8000

I just tested Sygic Aura and it works... maybe the animations aren't so fast like igo8 in winmo but i'ts enough. And there is a minimal number of white boxes.

Also CoPilot Live works, super as it shut be.

Edited by Stefan8000

Guest antonio junior

Hi I share with you an application that works like the windows 7 ready boost by increasing the virtual ram. The name is Swapper is Root. There is the Swapper Root 2, but not tested. Fruit ninja I played and I think that was smoother.

I also share that I am not able to make calls, send and receive SMS, but can not call, ever put anything on 2G anyway. I voted in the poll. My wi-fi without problems. SOD no more.My omnia is flying so fast xD.tnks DVS

Guest Stefan8000

Hi I share with you an application that works like the windows 7 ready boost by increasing the virtual ram. The name is Swapper is Root. There is the Swapper Root 2, but not tested. Fruit ninja I played and I think that was smoother.

I also share that I am not able to make calls, send and receive SMS, but can not call, ever put anything on 2G anyway. I voted in the poll. My wi-fi without problems. SOD no more.My omnia is flying so fast xD.tnks DVS

Thank you for mention this swapper app. the system runs a lot smoother on mine Omnia2. phone problems i don't have here (Vodafone.nl)

Edited by Stefan8000

every thing just fine for me.. (from Indonesia), except bluetooth, wifi (static ip not work for me. :( )..

I got 3 freeze (not SOD) in 6 day use..

I'm using manual installation and ubuntu to install..

It's the most stable version O2Droid.. thank's Dev team..

I really appreciate it..

wait patiently for next release..

ps : sorry for my poor english. :)

Oh, a poll. I'd like to vote that 3G works fine, but I have nothing to say about network since I can't change it manually - there's always an error when searching for available networks. (It's funny that the same error happens on a Motorola Defy that I have checked).

Edited by Marmach

Guest mutimuti

i changed phones rom to offical I8000NXXJJ1 and i can install android with auto installer but phone is not working. my cellphone provider is Vodafone TR. i tried 2g it dont work either.

Phone:

3G 2100Mhz - Zero reception most of time and cant make or receive calls. Some areas i get a little reception and can call (open areas close to tower). Its NOT due to network, because on winmo, and on other phones I have great reception.

2G 900/1800 Mhz (dont know which one it goes on) - works fine for me (full bars).

Internet:

3G 2100Mhz- Works fine (even with zero phone reception)

2G 900/1800Mhz- Works fine.

Thus, I think it is 3G problem (related to reception strength) that only affects phone calling( and sms?).

Besides phone issue, i have no other major issues. Phone call sensor swiping fixes black screen. Wifi works by enabling Static IP + changing IP address every time + manually clicking connect on network. RAM is low, but simple apps and tasks run very smooth. Battery life is great.

Edited by AoSra1n

Thank you for mention this swapper app. the system runs a lot smoother on mine Omnia2. phone problems i don't have here (Vodafone.nl)

I tested this program both version 1 and 2. I could not understand how it works, because even though I root it starts, apparently creates the virtual memory on the SD but saw nothing to indicate the actual increase of memory anywhere in the phone, nor any increase in performance ...

Someone here uses and can make a little tutorial?

Generally EXT4 is a bit slower than EXT2, because of journaling. ut it's advantage is journaling (theoretically no data loss).

I always thought to be EXT4 newer format, it was faster than EXT2. Interestingly could only be via the EXT2 root, do not know if you have any sense but that's what happens ... In this case keep EXT2

Thanks again and congratulations for the outstanding work ! B)

First of all big thanks to dev team for bringing up to date software to this great piece of hardware.

Now to my problem: After installing beta2 to SD card (8GB) by automatic installer, I have problem with screen calibration. Close to the bottom of screen, I have to touch the screen like 5mm above the point where it actually taps. So I have to touch for example J on keyboard to write N. Close to top of the screen problem is the same, but reversed, so I have to touch 5mm down from the point where tap appears. Close to the center of the screen, the calibration is OK. I´v tried the Calibrator tool form hayashi1986, but it doesn´t work for me (the program runs OK but with no results). I had the same problem with beta1.

I would really appreciate any help, because Android is now unusable for me.

Edited by majkl99

Guest alabama20

is possible multitouch like spica

thanks

how about and flas flah player

Multitouch isn't supported by resistive touchscreens only by capacitive ones. So to answer your question, it's not possible

Guest mihai_mihai

can someone point me to an android apk witch is working on i8000, hope that is still free so we don't upset the admins here

is this working normaly on froyo beta 2?

Edited by mihai_mihai

Guest nikkotsoi

Sorry, but it isn't our fault. Use google.

USB was working with manual install.

But not working now with beta 2 installed by automatic installer , anyone the same ?:)

USB was working with manual install.

But not working now with beta 2 installed by automatic installer , anyone the same ?:)

I don't know if you have to do all these steps, but try the following.

In Windows, go to Settings>General settings>USB Connection>Storage Card. Then click done. Go into My storage and click haret.exe to start. (First time around, I like to connect to a windows computer and let it connect to my phone, before i click haret as well) . Worked for me. If you want Storage Card to be available and mounted, format as PRIMARY FAT32 before doing autoinstall.

Edited by AoSra1n

First, big thanks to DEV TEAM.

do not work phone signal on my android ( install my storage). I don't know how to change network value. I have tried to change 2g-3g and nothing has changed. I 'm in Turkey and my cellphone provider is Turkcell.

Edit: wifi works perfect

Edited by koppa

First, big thanks to DEV TEAM.

do not work phone signal on my android ( install my storage). I don't know how to change network value. I have tried to change 2g-3g and nothing has changed. I 'm in Turkey and my cellphone provider is Turkcell.

me too...

just shooting :)

for the

D/RIL 	( 1982): onedram device (/dev/dpram0) open failed!

E/RIL 	( 1985): [*] RIL initialized: TID(1985)
I compiled fresh init from android source (for generic device, as omniaII source is not available) added the following lines to /system/core/init/init.c (reference here):
mknod("/dev/dpramerr", S_IFCHR | 0600, (255 << 8) | 0);  

mknod("/dev/dpram0", S_IFCHR | 0600, (255 << 8) | 1);   

mknod("/dev/dpram1", S_IFCHR | 0600, (255 << 8) | 2);	// 
Put the fresh init to android and booted. Off course I didn't expect it to work (the init.c from omniaII has almost to be different from the one in the android source). But in /dev at least dpram0, dpram1 and dpramerr show up. Offcourse Voyteckt could be right and this is a hardware diff between I8000 and B7610 (still strange that some I8000 users report the "open failed!" too) but in dmesg there is no message showing up like "{ printk("\n %s open failed\n",modem_filename)" which is defined in dpram.c in modules32, which I compiled for debugging. Could be that I am way of track here, as I am not a developer, but it could be interesting and might be for any help. Edit: Typo Edit: Disregard, I think I search too deep. Let's start at beginning: When I boot android, I see "No service". When I make a call to my phone from another phone, it seems to make contact with my phone, which off course is not responding. I didn't pay attention to another line from "logcat -b radio" untill now. The line states:
Connect_RILD: Connecting failed. Connection refused(111)

So this comes to my mind, the logcat-line combined with me calling my own phone from another:

Is the radio shut-off (completely or correctly) during boot of Android? If yes, could this be a result of the WinMo and/or its phone-part?

Or do I have to re-evaluate the GPIO's for radio? (With some I8000 users having same problems in the back of my mind)

Edited by erikcas