[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

guys is working beta 2 on yours Omnia 2 OK, due to me phone is locked due to imei 0000000000000 rest is great and quick

have you installed?

please share yours experience

thx Vladimir

Guest rom_omnia2

Hello, i got a problem with Phone Signal. It just does not work anymore, theres no signal.

It worked before and it's working at WinMo.

I already tried to reinstall. I've created a new partition, installed all again but the problem still.

PS: By the way, bye bye that horrible pink screen. I liked the new logo "Android on Omnia II", thanks Devs.

Before anyone ask, i had to compile the kernel by my self. You don't have to, it's no big deal, there are no improvements, it is just a logo, let's patiently wait for beta 3.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest rom_omnia2

I temporally solved the "no phone signal" problem by typing *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer > Phone info > Wcdma only > Then reboot.

Once phone signal was up again, i've selected 2g only in settings, but after that phone signal is down again.

After repeat the process phone is working, but with 2G only disabled.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest wlw6600

Hello, i got a problem with Phone Signal. It just does not work anymore, theres no signal.

It worked before and it's working at WinMo.

I already tried to reinstall. I've created a new partition, installed all again but the problem still.

PS: By the way, bye bye that horrible pink screen. I liked the new logo "Android on Omnia II", thanks Devs.

Before anyone ask, i had to compile the kernel by my self. You don't have to, it's no big deal, there are no improvements, it is just a logo, let's patiently wait for beta 3.

In my option,you can try to update the WM phone module until the android phone module OK , if you don't have any choice else .

Edited by wlw6600

I temporally solved the "no phone signal" problem by typing *#*#4636#*#* in the dialer > Phone info > Wcdma only > Then reboot.

Once phone signal was up again, i've selected 2g only in settings, but after that phone signal is down again.

After repeat the process phone is working, but with 2G only disabled.

my guess is some carrier around the world they lock / trace through IMEI, so if you don't have that, you got no service

so agree with WLW6600 that maybe for those experiencing lost signal, stay with WM and be patient for a little while

Guest rom_omnia2

my guess is some carrier around the world they lock / trace through IMEI, so if you don't have that, you got no service

so agree with WLW6600 that maybe for those experiencing lost signal, stay with WM and be patient for a little while

Yes, i have been told. But with this wcdma trick that i have said is working, i just cant enable 2G ONLY cuse if i do it my signal falls.

srry for my english everyone.

Guest longsin

any one know something about beta3?ram will good?:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i am waiting to publish it from yesterday, perhaps Devs is modifying at last.biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by longsin

Guest thanh_nha0706

i am waiting to publish it from yesterday, perhaps Devs is modifying at last.biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Me, too but he said maybe. Thus there is maybe no beta 3 today....hjc

For wifi died on sleep,the dns fix did cure most cases,except flight on.u still hv to turn off wifi before going into flight mode or it's gone until yr next reboot

For wifi died on sleep,the dns fix did cure most cases,except flight on.u still hv to turn off wifi before going into flight mode or it's gone until yr next reboot

We are all waiting :rolleyes::D

Guest moiassar78

Sorry, it will take few days longer (I told You "maybe end of this week"). Now testing native auto brightness and updater/installer.

ok Voytecks take ur time personally I am waiting patiently but I hope if u can prepare my storage installer

thanks for ur hard work

if it possible to add Arabic support

thanks again

Sorry, it will take few days longer (I told You "maybe end of this week"). Now testing native auto brightness and updater/installer.

Hi Voyteckst! What do you mena with the updater/installer? It's like a program for the PC to install Android on the phone or is an OTA app?

Regards and thanks! smile.gif

how can i delete some of the apps of the beta2,and with more ram ?any method :angry: :rolleyes:

first thing first, you better be sure what each app is about before you're going to remove them

esp. setupwizard.apk, you delete it, and you'll never lock into your droid without another installation

2 ways:

before 1st boot, with ubuntu, go to (root)/system/app, del what ever u want

in android, with root explorer, [do the same thing]

it did free up space where you install android, but not sure how much it helps on the memory, considering the memory assignment should be fixed parameter but not up to your storage size

*** QUESTIONS: will a clean (ultra lite) WM helps on the memory instead? ***

Hi Voyteckst, could you pls advise if USB recognition issue was address in B3?

not sure why, but around 3 out of 10 I connect to USB, it's not recognized. Sometimes, I just have to reboot XP to get it connected

Hi Voyteckst, could you pls advise if USB recognition issue was address in B3?

not sure why, but around 3 out of 10 I connect to USB, it's not recognized. Sometimes, I just have to reboot XP to get it connected

I have the same problem too. USB works for a while, then stops being recognised. I have to reboot (Vista 64). Rebooting the phone does not fix it - so I'm not sure how much is a problem with Windows versus a problem with o2droid. Using WinMo it does work fine all the time, though.

[snip]

*** QUESTIONS: will a clean (ultra lite) WM helps on the memory instead? ***

I would like to know the answer to this question as well.

Also do people notice a worthwhile speed difference using a class 10 (10 MB/s) SD card versus say a class 6 (6 MB/s) SD card, or does the O2 phone SD card hardware/processor bottleneck after a certain transfer speed?I noticed that class 10 32 GB Micro SDHC cards are cheaper (than they were last time I checked) these days.

Edited by F53

ok try your best thanks a lot dev's team :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D