[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

I tried to install beta 3(sd automated installation) and setup was creating partitions and all and at some point it says cant find ext4.tar.gz on My Storage.

And it keeps restarting.. i tried 5 times already and i get the same message. I also tried reformating sd card and trying again but that wouldnt work too.

Any help would be very much apreciated.

are you shure you copy ext4.tar.gz to you my storage ? I was installed it .an it runs okey /

Guest Boddish

thanks dev, Do the my storage installation is close to release? because i don't have a SD and I am dying to install this... Can i modify SD installation to work on my storage?

Guest marios32

are you shure you copy ext4.tar.gz to you my storage ? I was installed it .an it runs okey /

yes i am, i put the hole installation folder in my storage and run installandroid.exe.

do i need to put it in the root of my storage ? (read me file says just to put the whole folder there).

*EDIT

Ok the problem was that i put the files and folders in a folder and run from there, instead what i should have done and just did was to put them all in the root of my storage.

Sorry for being such an idiot.

I hope the rest of the installation goes well and beta 3 will be much better!

Thanks for helping point out the obvious.

Also i would like to thank the developers for making the impossible happen.

I am filled with joy and excitement seeing that logo on my phone :)

Edited by marios32

Guest NehomarC

I just installed ubuntu frb2update.tar.gz file and replace the zImage and handa me very well ... but I have 32 Mb of memory ... try to use the Swapper.apk, but this did not create the partition because I have it installed on internal memory and configure it to recognize it as the Android Micro SD

Thank you so much for the update and for all the work :D

yo instale solo el archivo frb2update.tar.gz en ubuntu y reemplace el zImage, y me handa muy bien... pero me quedaron 32 Mb de memoria... trato de utilizar el Swapper.apk, pero este no me crea la particion ya que lo tengo instalado en la Memoria interna y lo configure para que el Android la Reconociera como Micro SD

Muchisimas Gracias por la Actualizacion y por todo el trabajo :D

Guest calolobo

Aparently automatic installation on my storage, is not working, three different times (all on my storage), happend weird things.

1.The installer erase the secret partition on my storage, but left my storage as 0 bytes, i have to reformat.

2.the installer cannot install on my storage giving a message about cannot continue

3. the installer block or erase sd card and nothing was installed.

But i'll try again, either way i can do manually after, i guess.

I'm just commenting.

Guest rom_omnia2

Bluetooth - Working;

Autobrightness - Working (seems to work, isaw slowdown the brigthness, didn't saw up, but it's working);

Phone/IMEI- Working

Proximity bug when calling - Working

WiFi - Working, still testing, seems to be working.

Reserved memory for 3D is increased:

>>FruitNinja menu is faster now;

>>Air Control: Now theres no leg if you enable HardwareAceleration, FPS around 25.

>>AngryBirds Rio - From Market, working fine, no white squares. Great!

My opinion: With less memory (now theres more memory for video) the things COULD get slow some times, that is why we have swap. But, i'm not sure, we may need a class 6 sdcard or the transfer between SDcard Swap and Memory would be slow, dropping system performance.

Still a beta version, let's play with it and send the feedback to the devs.

EDIT: I'm not sure if swap is working.

EDIT2: This beta3 is really a great step. Every thing seems to work great. Angry Birds Rio performace like i never seen. The problem is the low ram (i guess swap isn't working, maybe solve low ram problem) but still a great release.

Edited by rom_omnia2

Guest marios32

i installed the beta and everything is fine except the wifi heating problem which seems to persist.

After a while, wifi gets quite hot. (i am worried about the device :()

If you're worried about beta3 not being quite ready for prime-time, or simply want to install beta 2, but you haven't yet been able to because you need some more detailed step-by-step instructions, then you may find this post useful. If not, or you're messing with beta3, then move right along please :P

I used these steps to install Froyo beta 2 (and then reinstall it several times):

Assumes:

1. Samsung Omnia 2 GT-i8000
  2. SD Card with primary FAT32 partition (optionally ext4 partition of previous install as second partition)
  3. \My Storage is as per factory configuration (i.e. unmodified)

End Result:

1. WinMo (in ROM) untouched
  2. SD Card FAT32 partition shrunk to SD Card size - 1GB (Make sure you have the free space and maybe defrag or wipe FAT32 partition)
  3. \My Storage is as per factory configuration (i.e. unmodified)

Remove Previous install:

1. Connect phone via USB to Windows PC
  2. On PC browse to \Storage Card
  3. Delete Folders: .android_secure, Android
  4. Delete Files: ext4.tar.gz, haret.exe, o2b2update.tar.gz, o2b3update.tar.gz, startup.txt, zImage
  5. Delete Folder: 02beta
  6. On PC browse to \My Storage
  7. Delete any of the files specified in step 4 that may be there on \My Storage
  8. Delete o2beta folder on \My Storage if found

Prepare for install:

1. Download Froyo beta 2 manual install from http://87.229.73.80/...manual_inst.zip to your PC
  2. Extract single file ext4.tar.gz (154,357,856 bytes) from zip in step 1 to a tmp folder on PC
  3. Download Froyo 2 beta auto installer from http://o2droid.phj.h...2_auto_inst.zip to your PC
  4. Extract all files from zip in step 3 to tmp folder on PC
  5. Search for and download o2b2update.tar.gz (460,140 bytes) and o2b3update.tar.gz (1,670,874 bytes)
  6. Copy/Move two files in step 5 to the same tmp folder on PC as in step 2.
  7. Check tmp folder on PC has the following files and sizes:

o2beta <DIR>
    ext4.tar.gz .............. 154,357,856
    haret.exe ................ 182,272
    o2b2update.tar.gz .. 460,140
    o2b3update.tar.gz .. 1,670,874
    README.txt ........... 510
    zImage ................... 2,505,044

6 File(s) 159,176,696 bytes
  8. Check tmp\o2beta dir (on PC) has the following files and sizes:

androidinstall.exe .... 193,024
    sd.cpio.gz ................ 8,672,084
    startup.txt ................ 184
    zImage .................... 2,464,452

4 File(s) 11,329,744 bytes

Install:

1. Copy contents of tmp folder on PC (from previous steps) to phone's \My Storage (151MB Free space needed)
  2. Using phone File Explorer, navigate to \My Storage\o2beta\ and run (double click) androidInstall

You will see a "haret Booting Linux" popup with a timer bar, then a black and white screen with very small writing, then after about 30 seconds scrolling Linux startup text messages.

You might notice the following: "mounting internal SD memory as mmcblk1p5" and "cannot bind tcp:5037", then: "... Done. Rebooting now ...."

You might also see "Kernel panic - not syncing ..." and "Rebooting in 30 seconds..".
    You may hear a crackle from the phone's speaker, then the Samsung boot screens will appear, followed by the WinMo boot screens.
  3. Wait for WinMo to come up, then open File Explorer and navigate to \My Storage
  4. Double-click haret

You will see "Haret boot ..." text, then 30 secs later a pink screen.
    After 30 secs into pink screen you will see USB device recognised by windows if the phone is still connected to the PC.
    Approximately 1 minute later the pink screen will disappear and the "android" logo screen with the "cylon-like" effect appears.
    Approximately 3 to 4 minutes later the phone may vibrate slightly, then approximately 30 seconds later the android PIN screen should appear.
  5. You can now delete o2beta directory, ext4.tar.gz, o2b2update.tar.gz and o2b3update.tar.gz from \My Storage.

Note: Check file sizes (in bytes), on Windows PC, with property page size: value or using command window and dir command.

The above are the steps that worked for me. The only thing I'm uncertain off is whether both o2b2update and o2b3update files are needed. I looked inside them and they look like they address two separate issues that are pertinent, so I used them both.

Edited by F53

Guest skunk 01

how install beta3 on Internal Storage ?? i've try with instruction on README , but it doesn't work for me...

Edited by skunk 01

Guest NehomarC

double post

is not yet

aun no se puede, creo q van a comenzar a trabajar en eso... yo simplemente actualize mi beta2 con comandos de ubuntu, lo q creo q me falta es la particion d intercambio y q no pude ejecutar la actualizacion sdup.cpio.gz porque no se copia a la memoria interna... me va bien el 3D y lo del brillo en las llamadas, aun no pruebo wifi, la memoria me quedo de 32 Mb el resto todo me anda

Guest PuCiNhOOO

So it didn't installed correctly. Probably I can check some possibilities, but I need tester.

I did a fresh manual instalation, and installed swapper for root, and it is all working like a charm... live wallpapers, almost don't lag, angry bird is quite fast and with no whote blovks, bluetooth ir working fine, just a bit slow on transfer speed (i think)...

Awesome job devs, thank you =)

Guest rom_omnia2

i use autoinstall and work, but is more slow than beta 2 , some lags, dont run fine, any idea?

It's slow because there's less memory available, for 3D performance increase.

To solve the "less memory problem" swap was implemented, but for some reason isn't working (i guess it isn't).

The system can get slow because of less memory free, but 3D applications goes faster now. Let's wait some update from the devs.

I'm trying to install Beta3, but it ask me a yes/no question.. how can I answer that question? :( what key should i press to say Yes and No?

"Warning: You requested a partition from 2799MB to 3823MB. The closest location we can manage is 3964MB to 3964MB. Is this still acceptable to you? Yes/No?"

hope I can get the manual install tutorial..

btw, my SDCard is 4GB..

It's a great job dev.. thanks a lot.. really appreciate it..

did anyone experiencing wrong with USB connection? after android is loaded

for almost 3 times, once USB plugged, android halted

I was doing manual upgrade to storage installation

Edited by Job21

Guest tundaubu

did anyone experiencing wrong with USB connection? after android is loaded

for almost 3 times, once USB plugged, android halted

I was doing manual upgrade to storage installation

waiting for your guide to install on my storage.

My storage is touched so i cant install on my storage.

Guys,

The installation on my storage is done, but when i try to run haret from winmo a message that default.txt is missing pops up and i cant continue.

Any solution????

Guest tundaubu

Guys,

The installation on my storage is done, but when i try to run haret from winmo a message that default.txt is missing pops up and i cant continue.

Any solution????

please show me how to install on my storage?

thanks

waiting for your guide to install on my storage.

My storage is touched so i cant install on my storage.

I may not be qualified to write an installation guide, just sharing what I did and experienced

but have you got the B2 properly installed at storage? and any experience with ubuntu?

if both yes, then basically you just need to

1) extract the update.tar.gz to root

2) copy new zimage to my storage

run and have fun