[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest voyteckst

To all trying install clean version from full installer on Internal Storage - do You have also SD card?

Edited by voyteckst

To all trying install on Internal Storage - do You have also SD card?

I have, and I was using the original B2 init.rc parameter (no SD / storage swapping)

and just upgrade to B3

after the upgrade, did see the suggested improvement/ bug fix, but not very stable environment (see bug report as above, USB issue)

i was using swapper (mounted on sd card, 192mb) which migrate from B2

now trying to download complete B3 for a fresh installation

Edited by Job21

Guest calolobo

To all trying install clean version from full installer on Internal Storage - do You have also SD card?

Yes, and it didn't work, so i remove sdcard to test, but didn't work also. After that i use automatic install on sdcard, that way is working now.

Ah, and thank you and all devs, pretty amazing.

Edited by calolobo

I'm trying to install Beta3, but it ask me a yes/no question.. how can I answer that question? :( what key should i press to say Yes and No?

"Warning: You requested a partition from 2799MB to 3823MB. The closest location we can manage is 3964MB to 3964MB. Is this still acceptable to you? Yes/No?"

hope I can get the manual install tutorial..

btw, my SDCard is 4GB..

It's a great job dev.. thanks a lot.. really appreciate it..

+1, in my case I already hv ext4 partition on my eksternal SDCARD from my last installation of beta1.. What key should I press to choose yes/no??

Sorry for my bad english.. thanks dev for your hard work. smile.gif

Guest voyteckst

+1, in my case I already hv ext4 partition on my eksternal SDCARD from my last installation of beta1.. What key should I press to choose yes/no??

Sorry for my bad english.. thanks dev for your hard work. smile.gif

What parted /dev/your_device print shows?

DON'T USE AUTOMATIC INTERNAL STORAGE INSTALLER - IT HAS A BUG WHICH AVOIDS PROPER INSTALLING. WAIT FOR UPDATE!

ok.. I'll wait for the update.. then try Beta 3.. :)

Thank's voyteckst.. :)

Guest mihai_mihai

i have a problem with clock, it goes back 2 hours, the fix was to set the clock to auto update from network but i changed to vodafone recently and this network doesn't provide time, someone knows how to fix this?

any link availiable?

http://o2droid.phj.hu/index_en.php

Edited by mihai_mihai

ok.. I'll wait for the update.. then try Beta 3.. :)

Thank's voyteckst.. :)

I INSTALLED WITH AUTOINSTALLER sd card . IT WAS AMAZING MANY THINK SOLWED READY DAILY USE THANKS A LOT VOYTECKST AND DEV TEAM

oh soory sd card installation :rolleyes:

Edited by ASIDER

What parted /dev/your_device print shows?

I had already format the entire partition of sdcard to its original state, and finally managed to install Beta3. Thanks voyteckst for your reply.. biggrin.gif

It's still a bit slow on sd card, any ideas why? I have a kingston 8gb class 4 card.

The camera still doesnt work for me, after restart, it works once, but if i try to start it again, it crashes.

And the calibrator doesnt work either.

Anyway, other than these problems, everything looks fine, great job ;)

Trying to install with automatic installer in a brand new class 6 4gb card and i get the following message.

Error: The location 4194 is outside of the device /dev/block/mmcblk0 and it goes further

Error:Cant have overlapping partitions

tunefs2: No such file or directory while trying to open /dev/block/mmcblk0

Couldnt find valid filesystem superblock

And after some help commands i am stuck in message End?_

Any clues please?

Help..........

Guest AoSra1n

Did a clean install of beta 3. Used to get around 30-35 hours running 2G only on beta 2. This beta is similar to beta 1 in that I'm finding it warms up more than usual and battery life is closer to 10 hours.Try to change to 2G but finding it difficult. Finding it difficult to switch to 2G. Anyone else? But at least 3G works this time.

Edited by AoSra1n

Guest carlospaco

Instaling clean beta 3, first time ,starting without any problems, take long first time.

Probloms with connection to my provider.

Starting know for second time,know it starts alot faster, didn't have to wait that long.

and problem with my provider solved, we have connection, houston. :-)

Going to try it for a hole day and we see. Reporting later.

Thanks dev

Guest voyteckst

Did a clean install of beta 3. Used to get around 30-35 hours running 2G only on beta 2. This beta is similar to beta 1 in that I'm finding it warms up more than usual and battery life is closer to 10 hours.Try to change to 2G but finding it difficult. Finding it difficult to switch to 2G. Anyone else? But at least 3G works this time.

For me battery lasts around 24 hours (calls, some 3g connections, not to much wifi)

Guest AoSra1n
For me battery lasts around 24 hours (calls, some 3g connections, not to much wifi)

I suppose my 10 hours was with about 10 minutes of calling, 2 hours of music, and screen on for about 30 minutes. But im trying to set better profiles in SetCPU to increase battery life. But cant get 2G. Are you able to switch to '2G only'?

Edited by AoSra1n

Guest andylau

i have installed beta3 in my 8G(about 7.4G available) sdcard twice

the first time, i didnt format it before install beta3, and it takes about 12 minutes to move data, after installing it reboot to wm, but i cant see my sdcard anymore, then i ignore this and boot into android successfully, finding that my sdcard is only 5.4G in total(1G for android and 128M for swap, but where is the missing 1G?)

so i try to format my sdcard in android, but after that i can never mount it. then i get stupid to pull out my sdcard in android(of course, my phone freeze)

pull out the battery

after boot into wm, i can see my sdcard but it is 7.4G in total again, which told me that the android partition is gone, so strange?

format the sdcard

the second time, it didnt move data, and in android, the sdcard in total is also 5.4G, so i restart my computer into ubuntu, with the gparted, now i can see carefully that there is 1000M free space in my sdcard, so this is a little bug? did anyone have the same problem?

a little problem, the contacts in sim card seems cant be recognized, but didnt matters

thank devs very very much.

Guest lotuxete

Great Job, great news ¡¡

I wonder if it's possible to create the SWAP partition manually on Internat Memory. I would prefer not to do a fresh install, but just only an update because I'm afraid about "automatic" things :lol

So, Android will detect the swap wherever it is?

I've my Internal storage quite diferent. Froyo is installed on mmcblk1p2 because I've conserved the Cubic partition (call me paranoiac). So Cubic and Internal are logical drives of an extended partition (blk1p1) and Froyo is installed in a primary partition (blk1p2), as you can see in the attached file.

Only three questions:

- What kind of partition I have to create? (ext3, ext4, swap, journaling... I don't know)

- What size?

- Where, in Froyo, I have to configure this swap in order to assing the correct partition (blk1p7, p5, p4, whatever.)

Thanks ¡¡

post-437154-0-57198400-1319012929_thumb.

Edited by lotuxete

the second time, it didnt move data, and in android, the sdcard in total is also 5.4G, so i restart my computer into ubuntu, with the gparted, now i can see carefully that there is 1000M free space

Me too.. check my sdcard partition using easeus partition manager on Windows there is 3,9Gb space unlocated (on my SDCARD), buts its not big problem, just resizing the active partition one.

Problems on my phone:

1.Dont know why but some apps hv a problem when i tried to open it (to slow, working but dont open completely, pop up force close/wait) Fixed

2.My Camera dont work.. it always crash sad.gif then the rotation sensor not work too (after camera crash)..

Sorry for my bad english.. wink.gif

Edited by xcavs

Guest malavin

All you need for an Internal Storage Install, let the Automatik-Installer make the Partition's, also the first Step (...go into beta 2 Folder...).Start Ubuntu to unpack the System Folder (ext4.tar.gz) on ext2 partion from Internal Storage. Don't forgett to root, 'cause dosn't the Atomatik-Installer. And than start Haret from My Storage, done. Maybe you must Format the SD-Card to use it.

Edited by malavin