[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest voyteckst

Yes, i guess i find the problem, see:

Thanks, i can see the log, but it's too long and i can't copy from Windows Dos.

I'll boot at linux, there i can copy the log.

I'll update the message here

From Windows cmd:

adb logcat > filename

or just:

adb logcat|findstr "E/"

Guest João Vicente

The installation of a new rom will not mess withe the partitions ...

Just try to format them under WinMo ...

If you got something in your MyStorage, and install a new ROM, that data will not be erased ...

Yeah! I try install a new rom several times and the problem still.. I think his can use this nuestoragerecovery or try that stuffs you do with gpart (deleting all MyStorage and creating new one)

I succesfully installed beta3 in sd card (new clean install - 16 gb class4 sd card formatted with partition magic - fat32). When i checked the partitions of the sd card i found out that there is an ext3 (not ext4) of about 1 gb & a swap 122 mb one. Is it normal or i have to try a new installation? It seems to work with some lags. Anyway thanks devs for your work.

Guest rom_omnia2

how to update etc / fstab?

If you already created your swap partition you set it in fstab.

Just create it as a .txt file into /system/etc with this info:

/dev/block/mmcblkXpY swap swap defaults 0 0

x = your storage (sdcard/mystorage)

y = your partition

Guest lotuxete

Yeah! I try install a new rom several times and the problem still.. I think his can use this nuestoragerecovery or try that stuffs you do with gpart (deleting all MyStorage and creating new one)

Don't panic. I've also lost my Internal Storage this morning (once again) while I was creating the swap partition but finally I could restore everything (I had a backup of the Internal and Cubic partitions... this is not my first time... :lol).

I unplugged the O2 without "safety remove" after resizing partitions and copying new b3 under Ubuntu, and obviously some critical data were corrupted (pocketfs.sys) and WM didn't recognize Internal memory.

1- You don't need nueROM... in fact you can make the things worse if you aren't an expert.

2- All you have to do is "re-create" the partitions using Ubuntu: 1 Extended containing CUBIC->blk1p5 and INTERNAL-> blk1p6 as logical drives,1 Primary with swap-linux-> blk1p3 and finally another primary ext4 with Froyo-> blk1p2 (see attached file)

3- After creating partitions let the Cubic and Internal without ANY file, unmount them and unplug the phone. The internal memory will come back to live ¡

Good luck.

Hey i reinstalled the beta 2 (manual) and it just restarts to winmo after the pinkscreen, any1 know what i did wrong? (i got it working b4 i tryed the beta 3 installer)

Sorry for asking about an old version but you kept the same thread and my sd card is only 1gb so can't install beta 3.

Guest erikcas

Hey i reinstalled the beta 2 (manual) and it just restarts to winmo after the pinkscreen, any1 know what i did wrong? (i got it working b4 i tryed the beta 3 installer)

Sorry for asking about an old version but you kept the same thread and my sd card is only 1gb so can't install beta 3.

What about installing beta3 manually?

Automatic installer needs +1GB, but when installing manually you can play with the sizes of partitions?

About your problem, can you post the content of your startup.txt?

Guest rom_omnia2

At the next beta we should create a thread to discuss only installation stuff, in the beta thread just discuss solutions and problems about the release.

What about installing beta3 manually?

Automatic installer needs +1GB, but when installing manually you can play with the sizes of partitions?

About your problem, can you post the content of your startup.txt?

yeah i tryed beta 3 but it just shows that loading android screen.

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init"

boot

is that loading screen just the pinkscreen recompiled ?

oh wait did u mean manualy installing it onto the card? didn't think of that :)

Edited by Nexere

Guest moiassar78

Dear Voyteckst

I have notice that bluetooth cannot transfer files larger than 50Kb ????

it say transfer stop by user in sending and recieving

Am I wrong ??

the time on status bar sometimes doesn't work correctly

the swap partition works for me as follows:

total used free shared

mem: 124188 121496 2692 0

swap: 124992 7528 117464

total: ............

the wifi works perfect, not a bit hot while still in charge

voyteckst, i think i can also be a tester for the mystorage installer, waiting for your post

I have the same eerro...the time on status bar sometimes doesn't work correctly

Well I've done a manual B3 fresh installation for my storage by using Cent-OS in Virtualbox.

Memory with swap usage shown as below,

# free

total used free shared buffers

Mem: 124188 120288 3900 0 1872

Swap: 208804 15496 193308

Total: 332992 135784 197208

How did we tell if the application had been fine tuned?

Will those applications be arranged by the kernel to swap partition when not using? If yes how can we tell which application been load into swap partition?

Still encountered SOD for 3 times since last night till this morning, dunno why.

Battery can charge up to 100% now but usage still very fast to drain...

Wifi n bluetooth are working perfectly now.

Market can be sync from website now too.

Wake up for incoming call delay had been decreased since swap partition been made.

Really appreciate the dev team to get this B3 done in their busy and precious time.

Once again thumbs up for you guys! laugh.gif

Edited by kenzoo

Btw, sometime after boot up the network either can not be found or data network cant be used and I had to do a reboot again to gain back to network. Anyone encountered this before?

Edited by kenzoo

Guest finacho

yeah!! i can install beta3 in my storage! is much faster than sd card installation!! only i have one question...any tutorial for create a swap partition?? how can i do that?? thx for answers...

Guest NehomarC

Install Ubuntu on my hand from Internal Memory and Swap partticion I create in my mind, whether I have it created, what is not is like Android will recognize, the comments left by some users are not very expressive. ..

someone said to add in System / etc / a TXT with the following information: / dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swap defaults 0 0

But it says that name is to save the TXT, also speaks of a fstab file but the only one I've seen is the one in system / etc / vold.fstab perhaps I should add any command to the file, someone with knowledge Please leave a simple and understandable explanation!<br><br>Realice la instalacion manual desde ubuntu en MI MEMORIA Interna y quiero crear una partticion Swap en MI MEMORIA, en si ya la tengo creada, lo que no se es como hacer para Android la reconozca, los comentarios que dejan algunos usuarios no son muy expresivos...

alguien dijo que anadiera en System/etc/ un TXT con la siguiente informacion: /dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swap defaults 0 0

Pero no dice con que nombre hay que guardar el TXT, ademas hablan de un archivo fstab pero el unico que he visto es el que esta en SYSTEM/ETC/vold.fstab acasio debo agregar algun comando a el archivo, alguien que tenga los conocimientos por favor que deje una explicacion sencill y entendible!

Edited by NehomarC

yeah!! i can install beta3 in my storage! is much faster than sd card installation!! only i have one question...any tutorial for create a swap partition?? how can i do that?? thx for answers...

U need to create another partition in 'my storage'.

For me I'm using MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition.

So for my setting: P1-> My Storage (FAT32), P2-> system (Ext4, Recommended is 1GB), P3->Linux Swap. (Recommended is 128MB)

After done it, connect to your linux system and use the paritition tool to view it parition slice number.

For me,

My Storage -> /dev/sdb1 (mmcblk1p1)

system->/dev/sdb5 (mmcblk1p5)

swap->/dev/sdb6 (mmcblk1p6)

After untar ext4.tar.gz into your ext4 partition, go to system/etc and create a new file name called 'fstab' and add below entry. (Please put in your own swap partition number correctly)

/dev/block/mmcblk1p6 swap swap defaults 0 0

Also remember to add edit init.rc for the correct partition name on storage and sdcard.

By default sdcard had been disabled.

Guest antonio junior

I had installed manually the B3 and saw that he had created the partition for swap and decided to install on sd cardão automatically created the partition and swap, and myAndroid is super fast, then games, greedy spiders running smooth, quality Averagegraphics, beta 2 did not run the graph weaker ... Thank you developers ...

Install Ubuntu on my hand from Internal Memory and Swap partticion I create in my mind, whether I have it created, what is not is like Android will recognize, the comments left by some users are not very expressive. ..

someone said to add in System / etc / a TXT with the following information: / dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swap defaults 0 0

But it says that name is to save the TXT, also speaks of a fstab file but the only one I've seen is the one in system / etc / vold.fstab perhaps I should add any command to the file, someone with knowledge Please leave a simple and understandable explanation!

Realice la instalacion manual desde ubuntu en MI MEMORIA Interna y quiero crear una partticion Swap en MI MEMORIA, en si ya la tengo creada, lo que no se es como hacer para Android la reconozca, los comentarios que dejan algunos usuarios no son muy expresivos...

alguien dijo que anadiera en System/etc/ un TXT con la siguiente informacion: /dev/block/mmcblk1p3 swap swap defaults 0 0

Pero no dice con que nombre hay que guardar el TXT, ademas hablan de un archivo fstab pero el unico que he visto es el que esta en SYSTEM/ETC/vold.fstab acasio debo agregar algun comando a el archivo, alguien que tenga los conocimientos por favor que deje una explicacion sencill y entendible!

Again, why you need to type all in BOLD text? LOL.

The correct entry will be /etc/fstab.

If you mount it under ubuntu, it should be something like /media/system/.

So u'll need to create the fstab under /media/system/system/etc/

To find out which slice, simply launch any GUI partition tool in ubuntu or using parted/fdisk command and u'll seeing the slice number.

Don't be too so frustrated by using the escalation mark!!!

We'll all learning.blink.gif