[STOPPED] CyanogenMod Beta2 Omnia 2 (updated: 04.05.2012)

Guest voyteckst

Guest erikcas

b3 automatic card installed, and realized chainfire3d and then install the plugin that is most important, and now with manual installation in internal storage can not, displays a message saying I need more space, and also give me a suggestion to delete the ringtones etc to get more space. Someone help me, what should I leave the setup to work.

manual installing internal storage, SD card, swap, ext4, all primary.

how to get the init.rc which lines should I change, I have an unformatted partition, as it iswhen it is installed on the card?

Somebody give me a light!

Voyteckst, erikcas something that can enlighten me.

What size is your SD? The automatic installer should partition it good

What size is your internal storage? What sizes did you partition?

You do have an unformatted partition? On which, SD or internal storage? What size? Can't you use it for install?

Guest erikcas

Voyteckst, one off topic question, i.e. a B7610 specific question.

I'm messing around with wifi. So far, it compiles.

Dmesg states after boot:

wl12xx chip enabled
When toggling wifi, it gives an error. I expected so. Can't find anything in dmesg. When I replace libhardware_legacy.so from beta3 for libhardware_legacy.so from spica, the next message shows up in dmesg:
wl1271: unspecified parameter 'firmware_path'

I specified the firmware path in wifi.conf accordingly.

Also tried in loadmod: insmod /modules/wl1271.ko "firmware_path=/etc/firmware/wl1271-fw.bin" but no succes.

Can you hint me were to search / look at (for)?

Thanx in advance

Guest antonio junior

What size is your SD? The automatic installer should partition it good

What size is your internal storage? What sizes did you partition?

You do have an unformatted partition? On which, SD or internal storage? What size? Can't you use it for install?

no partition is not installed, when I had installed on sd card. Now I installed manually on theinternal memory and also manually partition. sorry blame google translator. xD

internal memory partitions (primary, not logical): fat from 32 to 3900 mb; ext4 - 3800 mb,256 mb swap. all about.

sd card: 8 g, external use only.

Guest Wagner Alves

Ola pessoal

Instalei meu android na memoria interna, com swap, e ele esta rapido em relação ao Beta2. Minha pergunta é com relação ao cartão de memoria, como montar o sd externo para aparecer no android, pois quero armazenar musicas e videos.

Obrigado a todos e parabéns..aguardo por solução.

Hello everybody

I installed my android internal memory and swap with, and he is fast compared to Beta2. My question is with respect to the memory card, how to mount the sd external to appear on android, because I want to store music and videos.

Thank you all and congratulations .. waiting for solution.

Guest moiassar78

install them! (gparted + tar)

sudo apt-get install gparted tar

(from commandline)

always, when installing manually, execute commands as root / superuser, so always add sudo before command. I.e. "sudo tar zxvf ..."

thanks for ur reply but I ve try this before with no benefit it said cannot find installation package or something like this

thanks alot 4 ur replay

Edited by moiassar78

Guest wlw6600

trust me and wrong partition would be in my last consideration (in fact, if partition was wrongly mounted, you'll experience a lot more than just a force close camera)

Indeed, sam7128 has a very interesting finding among different WM rom. I was having the JJ1 rom as well with the camera issue.

Allow me some time to study on the logcat and share with you all

UPDATE: a brief browse with googling "catlog camera close", one of the lead mentioned "radio (I suppose referring to phone part) could lead to camera issue"

and here's what I extracted from my logcat

I run adb for catch log when B1's camera running ,

compare log which caught from camera run once ( run OK ) and again ( Force closed ) ,

Found difference in those (when run again ,it have not the log about 1-3 ) :

1 I/ActivityManager( 1934): Start proc com.android.camera for activity com.android.camera/.Camera: pid=2273 uid=10023 gids={1006, 1015}

------ I think it was not cause error , for process in has been run ,

2 D/dalvikvm( 2273): Trying to load lib /lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0

D/dalvikvm( 2273): Shared lib '/lib/libmedia_jni.so' already loaded in same CL 0x0

------case like to 1

after 1 and 2 , camera start Preview , the error happened when run it again , I think some wrong with the 3

3 D/libEGL ( 2273): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so

D/libEGL ( 2273): loaded /system/lib/egl/libEGL_fimg.so

D/libEGL ( 2273): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_fimg.so

D/libEGL ( 2273): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_fimg.so

I/ ( 2273): libGLESv1_CM_fimg.so was loaded and GLES 1.1 API was successfully mapped

I/ ( 2273): [Chunk Allocator] 1 blocks (block size:0x200000)

W/KeyCharacterMap( 2273): Can't open keycharmap file

W/KeyCharacterMap( 2273): Error loading keycharmap file '/system/usr/keychars/s3c-keypad.kcm.bin'. hw.keyboards.0.devname='s3c-keypad'

W/KeyCharacterMap( 2273): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin

V/camera ( 2273): stopPreview

I/ ( 2273): libGLESv1_CM_fimg.so was unloaded and GLES 1.1 API was successfully unmapped

------- unloaded and unmapped files not run again .

Edited by wlw6600

update packages should be named frb3update.tar.gz now

Hi Voy,

Can you highlight how to reboot the phone in recovery without entering to WM?

Thanks.

Edited by kenzoo

Guest voyteckst

Voyteckst, one off topic question, i.e. a B7610 specific question.

I'm messing around with wifi. So far, it compiles.

Dmesg states after boot:

wl12xx chip enabled
When toggling wifi, it gives an error. I expected so. Can't find anything in dmesg. When I replace libhardware_legacy.so from beta3 for libhardware_legacy.so from spica, the next message shows up in dmesg:
wl1271: unspecified parameter 'firmware_path'

I specified the firmware path in wifi.conf accordingly.

Also tried in loadmod: insmod /modules/wl1271.ko "firmware_path=/etc/firmware/wl1271-fw.bin" but no succes.

Can you hint me were to search / look at (for)?

Thanx in advance

Where it looks for firmware? Are You sure that in /etc/firmware? Maybe You can try to look in module sources and check where it want to find firmware. Maybe it wants to read this path from /system/etc/wifi.conf (do strings libhardware_legacy.so|grep firmware (or wifi.conf)?One more thing: You cannot load wifi firmware on boot, because android loads it when turning on, and unloads when turning off.

I run adb for catch log when B1's camera running ,

compare log which caught from camera run once ( run OK ) and again ( Force closed ) ,

Found difference in those (when run again ,it have not the log about 1-3 ) :

1 I/ActivityManager( 1934): Start proc com.android.camera for activity com.android.camera/.Camera: pid=2273 uid=10023 gids={1006, 1015}

------ I think it was not cause error , for process in has been run ,

2 D/dalvikvm( 2273): Trying to load lib /lib/libmedia_jni.so 0x0

D/dalvikvm( 2273): Shared lib '/lib/libmedia_jni.so' already loaded in same CL 0x0

------case like to 1

after 1 and 2 , camera start Preview , the error happened when run it again , I think some wrong with the 3

3 D/libEGL ( 2273): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLES_android.so

D/libEGL ( 2273): loaded /system/lib/egl/libEGL_fimg.so

D/libEGL ( 2273): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv1_CM_fimg.so

D/libEGL ( 2273): loaded /system/lib/egl/libGLESv2_fimg.so

I/ ( 2273): libGLESv1_CM_fimg.so was loaded and GLES 1.1 API was successfully mapped

I/ ( 2273): [Chunk Allocator] 1 blocks (block size:0x200000)

W/KeyCharacterMap( 2273): Can't open keycharmap file

W/KeyCharacterMap( 2273): Error loading keycharmap file '/system/usr/keychars/s3c-keypad.kcm.bin'. hw.keyboards.0.devname='s3c-keypad'

W/KeyCharacterMap( 2273): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin

I/ ( 2273): libGLESv1_CM_fimg.so was unloaded and GLES 1.1 API was successfully unmapped

------- unloaded and unmapped files not run again .

If there would be error, there should be an "E/" on the beginning. These are normal logs.

Hi Voy,

Thanks.

There is no recovery, because there is no bootloader.

Edited by voyteckst

Guest wlw6600

Where it looks for firmware? Are You sure that in /etc/firmware? Maybe You can try to look in module sources and check where it want to find firmware. Maybe it wants to read this path from /system/etc/wifi.conf (do strings libhardware_legacy.so|grep firmware (or wifi.conf)?One more thing: You cannot load wifi firmware on boot, because android loads it when turning on, and unloads when turning off.

If there would be error, there should be an "E/" on the beginning. These are normal logs.

There is no recovery, because there is no bootloader.

thank you for a guide ,

Camera run once :

D/S3C6410Camera( 1805): ##############:S3C6410Camera()

(itlt ..... normal logs)

E/S3C6410Camera( 1805): !!getPictureMaxSize

E/S3C6410Camera( 1805): getPictureMaxSize CAMERA_ID_BACK DEFAULT_CAMERA_BACK_PICTURE_HEIGHT= 1920 DEFAULT_CAMERA_BACK_PICTURE_WIDTH = 2560

E/S3C6410Camera( 1805): getCameraConstrainWidth: color_format= 0

E/S3C6410Camera( 1805): setPictureColorFormat new = 4 old =

E/S3C6410Camera( 1805): setPictureSize width= 2560 height = 1920

E/SecCameraHardware( 1805): BEFORE SETTINGS SETAFMODE

E/S3C6410Camera( 1805): setAFMode

E/S3C6410Camera( 1805): getCameraConstrainWidth: color_format= 0

E/S3C6410Camera( 1805): setPictureColorFormat new = 4 old =

E/S3C6410Camera( 1805): setPictureSize width= 2560 height = 1920

E/SecCameraHardware( 1805): BEFORE SETTINGS SETAFMODE

E/S3C6410Camera( 1805): setAFMode

V/camera ( 2273): startPreview

E/SecCameraHardware( 1805): ####startPreview

( "App freeze timeout expired":force closed when run again)

W/WindowManager( 1934): App freeze timeout expired.

W/WindowManager( 1934): Force clearing freeze: AppWindowToken{472d0ee8 token=HistoryRecord{4719f4d0 com.android.camera/.Camera}}

D/dalvikvm( 1934): GC_EXPLICIT freed 819 objects / 48608 bytes in 254ms

W/ActivityManager( 1934): Launch timeout has expired, giving up wake lock!

W/ActivityManager( 1934): Activity idle timeout for HistoryRecord{4719f4d0 com.android.camera/.Camera}

D/dalvikvm( 2050): GC_EXPLICIT freed 356 objects / 17472 bytes in 193ms

E/S3C6410Camera( 1805): int android::S3C6410Camera::m_setCameraId(int)::[VIDIOC_S_INPUT] failed

E/S3C6410Camera( 1805): int android::S3C6410Camera::m_resetCamera(int)::m_setCameraId(1) fail

E/S3C6410Camera( 1805): int android::S3C6410Camera::m_startCamera(int)::m_resetCamera fail

E/S3C6410Camera( 1805): int android::S3C6410Camera::startCamera(int)::m_startCamera(0) fail

E/SecCameraHardware( 1805): virtual android::status_t android::SecCameraHardware::startPreview(void (*)(const android::sp<android::IMemory>&, void*), void*)::t_camera->startCamera(CAMERA_MODE_PREVIEW) fail

W/dalvikvm( 2273): threadid=8: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x4001d810)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2273): FATAL EXCEPTION: Thread-13

E/AndroidRuntime( 2273): java.lang.RuntimeException: startPreview failed

E/AndroidRuntime( 2273): at com.android.camera.Camera.startPreview(Camera.java:1677)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2273): at com.android.camera.Camera.access$5600(Camera.java:94)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2273): at com.android.camera.Camera$4.run(Camera.java:930)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2273): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1096)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2273): Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: startPreview failed

E/AndroidRuntime( 2273): at android.hardware.Camera.startPreview(Native Method)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2273): at com.android.camera.Camera.startPreview(Camera.java:1674)

E/AndroidRuntime( 2273): ... 3 more

W/ActivityManager( 1934): Force finishing activity com.android.camera/.Camera

E/S3C6410Camera( 1805): CAMERA_PREVIEW m_preview_width= 640 m_preview_height = 480

(itlt ..... normal logs)

-------------Anybody can take a help?

Edited by wlw6600

Guest erikcas

Loading on boot was for test. Thanx, libhardware_legacy.so search for system/etc/wl1271.bin instead of system/lib/firmware/ti-connectivity/wl1271-fw.bin but still get message about firmware_path. After work later today will search in source

Another step :)

Thanx

Edited by erikcas

Still encountered the slowness on the phone, logcat shown that Low Memory usage...

The radio signal is not stable at all, sometimes the 3G signal is just stopped by itself and not responding.

Didn't install many applications at all... Sigh anyone had any idea on this?

i tried to install beta2 into internal storage and update to beta3 later but somehow it hung half way, i have no choice to remove the battery and after restarting the window and my storage is gone. Please teach me how to recover my storage.

Edited by bhban

Hi,

First of all.. Great Job!

I installed it on Internal Storage and it works great. But I still need the external SD card inserted. If I pull out the externat SD card the Android won't boot (stuck at the "Android on Omnia II..." screen). There must be still some dependency on external SD card. Anyone knows how to fix that? Also the phone does not discover the USB cable while connected to PC. I followed 100% of the Gardakkan's guide..

Edited by ryhoo

Guest voyteckst

Hi,

First of all.. Great Job!

I installed it on Internal Storage and it works great. But I still need the external SD card inserted. If I pull out the externat SD card the Android won't boot (stuck at the "Android on Omnia II..." screen). There must be still some dependency on external SD card. Anyone knows how to fix that? Also the phone does not discover the USB cable while connected to PC. I followed 100% of the Gardakkan's guide..

/dev/block/mmcblk0|1pnumber

If SD card is inserted it's 1, if not it's 0. There is no way to guess it, You have to choose if You boot with or without SD.

Guest erikcas

no partition is not installed, when I had installed on sd card. Now I installed manually on theinternal memory and also manually partition. sorry blame google translator. xD

internal memory partitions (primary, not logical): fat from 32 to 3900 mb; ext4 - 3800 mb,256 mb swap. all about.

sd card: 8 g, external use only.

Why 3800mb ext4? I recommend max 1024mb. Modify only startup.txt to point at ext4 partition for boot don't modify init.rc should work out of the box

Edited by erikcas

Guest marisaleh

I have managed today to install to internal storage successfully using

the manual method.

This is how I did it:

I have the 2GB model of the O2 i8000.

I created 3 Partitions in My Storage using Gparted.

fat32 831MB

EXT4 1GB

Linux Swap 128MB

Please Please note carefully that i had to change

the Configuration file vold.fstab entry to

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/ sdcard ...

from

dev_mount sdcard /sdcard ...

I had to do this to be able to see the

internal memory (Mystorage 831MB)

And also to get the camera working.

Before, When I started the Camera app.

It kept saying please insert an SD card

before using the Camera.

I am still playing with it, I noticed that when

I go back to Gparted to check the partitions

It shows sdcard as not mounted. it is on

sdb1.

When I try to mount it, it says cannot be mounted

file system vfat not recognised.

Any Ideas Guys

By the Way, Voyteckst I think you might have to

do three versions of the autoinstaller one for

each model, 2GB, 8GB, 16GB of the O2 i8000.

This is because of the differnt partition sizes for

each model.

I think the manual method is very good. gives you

flexibility with partition sizes.

It needs modifying slightly to solve the visibility

of the My Storage in Android.

Edited by marisaleh

Guest andylau

Hi Voy,

Thanks.

i did nothing but using the original version, press end button_reboot_recovery, and i choose reboot_reboot, it boot into android without start wm which happened only once, so i think our phone supports recovery but maybe more work should be done

Guest marisaleh

Just installed on my storage, only had to change startup.txt

Out of the box everything is visible, my storage, SD, no problems.

Can you please please erikcas send me the details of exactly how you

did it. I will be grateful.

I used the method that voyteckst had linked in page1. i followed all

the file mods.

Guest voyteckst

i did nothing but using the original version, press end button_reboot_recovery, and i choose reboot_reboot, it boot into android without start wm which happened only once, so i think our phone supports recovery but maybe more work should be done

It don't support recovery. Recovery is something more than only rebooting android.

Guest shoarmabakpao

Just installed on my storage, only had to change startup.txt

Out of the box everything is visible, my storage, SD, no problems.

Please tell me if the MyStorage install feels faster then the SDcard install.

NEW TUTORIAL MY STORAGE INSTALLATION WITHOUT LINUX

-First autoinstall your froyo beta 3 in sd card

-Remove your sd

-Connect your phone as my storage usb than resize your fat32 for remain enough unlocated free spase 978+128 mb

-Connect you sd with any adapter to your pc same time than with using easus(epm ) copy your sd partitions(ex4 and swap only which is written "other" in epm) to your mystorage than in your starup txt

copy this

enjoy

Set kernel zImage

Set ramsize 180*1024*1024

Set mtype 1626

Set ramaddr 0x50000000

Set kernelcrc 1

Set CMDLINE "rootdelay=2 root=/dev/mmcblk1p2 init=/init console=ttySAC2,115200"

setbitp 0x7F008808 5 1

pfw 0x7f005800 4 0x3

pfw 0x7f005804 4 0x805

pfw 0x7f005808 4 0x7