viber

Guest sambosat

Guest sambosat

Hi guys. Sorry to bother you but anyone was able to run viber on beta2.

every time I install it it works but an hour later it gives me a message saying viber has been unregistered on this phone. anyone has an idea

Guest sambosat

Based on XDA it seams that has to do something with the IMEI being all zeros. Can the developers please fix this problem as it was working in beta 1

I thank you for all the support

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. Sorry to bother you but anyone was able to run viber on beta2.

every time I install it it works but an hour later it gives me a message saying viber has been unregistered on this phone. anyone has an idea

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber Dev Team. I apologize for my (very) late response.

As suggested above, this really could be a problem with the IMEI. some custom ROMs override the real IMEI number of the device, and instead replace it with a generic IMEI. This problem causes all the Viber apps on the phones with that same IMEI to "think" that Viber is simply reinstalled on the same device, thus resulting in deactivation for all those users.

In order to fix it, we've decided to whitelist specific IMEIs that all those users have on their phones. Please contact me via Private Message so I could assist you further, and whitelist your device as well.

Thank you,

the Viber Team.