[Q] How to repair my i8000 hidden partition ?

Guest cyclonehappy

Guest cyclonehappy

Hi.

I've recently tried to install froyo beta 2 on my Omnia II.

But I've accidentally deleted the hidden 512MByte partition containing the cubic*.mli file.

I have no idea how to restore it.

Is this a primary partition or a logical one ?

Then...How can I find the good mli file according to my rom ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Guest lotuxete

Hi.

I've recently tried to install froyo beta 2 on my Omnia II.

But I've accidentally deleted the hidden 512MByte partition containing the cubic*.mli file.

I have no idea how to restore it.

Is this a primary partition or a logical one ?

Then...How can I find the good mli file according to my rom ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Originally the Phone comes with an extended partition and two logical drives inside. One of them contains Cubic (hidden partition) and the other contains "My Storage" (Fat32).

If you don't want to change your WM firmware ever, or, if you prefer flashing your phone with "octans" then you provably don't need The Cubic partition anymore, so as to gaining some free space. But, if you want to install Froyo (and swap) keeping your Cubic partition then you need to preserve the extended partition.

Resize it to 512Mb and after create two primary partitions with the free space gained. One partition of 1024Mb goes to Froyo (ext4) and finally another partition (linux-swap) of 256Mb to swap.

See attach file. This is my actual configuration, and everything is working really fine. I have deleted accidentally all my partitions several times, but I'm cautious and I make a backup everytime I "play" with my partition table :lol:

Bye.

PD: I've a backup of MY Cubic partition, but I don't know if it will fits you. JD6 spanish Rom (Maybe multilingual).

post-437154-0-77297100-1319552698_thumb.

Edited by lotuxete

Guest cyclonehappy

Originally the Phone comes with an extended partition and two logical drives inside. One of them contains Cubic (hidden partition) and the other contains "My Storage" (Fat32).

If you don't want to change your WM firmware ever, or, if you prefer flashing your phone with "octans" then you provably don't need The Cubic partition anymore, so as to gaining some free space. But, if you want to install Froyo (and swap) keeping your Cubic partition then you need to preserve the extended partition.

Resize it to 512Mb and after create two primary partitions with the free space gained. One partition of 1024Mb goes to Froyo (ext4) and finally another partition (linux-swap) of 256Mb to swap.

See attach file. This is my actual configuration, and everything is working really fine. I have deleted accidentally all my partitions several times, but I'm cautious and I make a backup everytime I "play" with my partition table :lol:

Bye.

PD: I've a backup of MY Cubic partition, but I don't know if it will fits you. JD6 spanish Rom (Maybe multilingual).

Muchas gracias. I gonna try this. According to Samsung Kies! my current rom is : PDA:JA3 / PHONE:JA2 / CSC:JA3 (French SFR).

I don't know if there is a way to find it anywhere...

Bye.