To Dev, Ice Cream Sandwich build?

Guest harrypotter222

Guest harrypotter222

Just wondering, have you looked at ICS build and able to load on i8000 ? I remember dev tried android 2.3 on i8000 and it is running very slow.

Is it technical possible to use ICS on i8000 hardware in the future? Will there be a plan for development? ;)

I read on the net, ICS performs faster/smoother on older hardware compared to android 2.3

Guest voyteckst

Just wondering, have you looked at ICS build and able to load on i8000 ? I remember dev tried android 2.3 on i8000 and it is running very slow.

Is it technical possible to use ICS on i8000 hardware in the future? Will there be a plan for development? ;)

I read on the net, ICS performs faster/smoother on older hardware compared to android 2.3

No plans yet.

Guest greatwiseone

I don't even know why people bother asking. The Dev's have already done a great deal of work to put an almost fully functional froyo onto i8000. Many phones on the market today won't even get ICS, and so I think we should be happy that the Dev's are still working on a device that is almost 2 years old.

Guest harrypotter222

just want to be clear, i'm happy with beta 3 and the ongoing progress

i just read over the net that in general : ICS performs better on old hardware than gingerbread.

That's all

I am not starting this thread because i am not happy with the current build.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest toumpanos

I don't even know why people bother asking. The Dev's have already done a great deal of work to put an almost fully functional froyo onto i8000. Many phones on the market today won't even get ICS, and so I think we should be happy that the Dev's are still working on a device that is almost 2 years old.

Even our omnia is old, it still does have proper specs for android. The fact that many phones on the market cannot get ICS, doesn't mean that ICS cannot be ported to OMNIA II. ICS is proven to be faster comparing to later android versions. If the froyo rom for our omnia is made fully functional , then i believe that there is a great chance we can get ICS ported.

Guest harrypotter222

+1

Even our omnia is old, it still does have proper specs for android. The fact that many phones on the market cannot get ICS, doesn't mean that ICS cannot be ported to OMNIA II. ICS is proven to be faster comparing to later android versions. If the froyo rom for our omnia is made fully functional , then i believe that there is a great chance we can get ICS ported.