[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest trueno2k
Just updated to the 28/04 version maybe you should update the first and second post with the info about the new version :)
Thats a no go!... There's still issues with the 28/04 build... Screen stays off ( black ) when receiving an incoming call, fix for camera preview isn't working properly for most of us, and a few of us are getting flickering screen ever so often, here a LINK to a crude video of what I'm talking about...

We're all just waiting for the new build upload where Tilal has already fixed the black screen incoming call bug, I'm reverting back to my backup ( 07/04 ) build until all the bugs found yesterday have been ironed out... Is there anything else I'm missing regarding bugs!?...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest SingleWolf

daddypaul

It seems like a solution as at least 3 users wrote that it works, so I'm try to understand why it works for you but not me. For now only suspect wrong patch file used or in wrong installation order.

Guest daddypaul

daddypaul

It seems like a solution as at least 3 users wrote that it works, so I'm try to understand why it works for you but not me. For now only suspect wrong patch file used or in wrong installation order.

I have the 28/4 version then flashed the new camera then tried the patch for the camera,then went but not on the screen, and this morning I just install the kernel and now it workss3 forgiveness I did not say it, the solution is but it just goes with me, I thought it mighthelp other people

Guest daddypaul

It is a confirm that S3 kernel could solve the black screen problem.

yes it works for me and I was thinking it may test the people it might help

Guest pbz1983

Here is what I did:

1) Install CM9 28/4

2) Flash Camera preview fix

3) Reboot

4) Flash Gapps

The camera preview works perfectly :-)

- Regarding the black call screen..........

On my first incoming call I pressed the power button twice and now every incoming call the screen displays correctly.

I'm looking forward to the next update where hopefully these issues will be fixed along with any additional bug fixes - thanks TILAL

Edited by pbz1983

Hi there.

I tried to fully port the camera libraries from LG P500 but it's still not working. Ended up with problem calling some liboemcamera.so native functions.

Looks like this really needs more than these changes. Probably new oem libs from qualcomm... Just like we needed ones for adreno.

I could be also totally wrong :) Just not to discourage other devs trying to fix it :)

I am about to push my latest branch into my github so anyone interested can take a look at what I changed.

Should be up in couple of minutes @ https://github.com/C3C0/

Ceco.

Guest sej7278

I tried to fully port the camera libraries from LG P500 but it's still not working. Ended up with problem calling some liboemcamera.so native functions.

Looks like this really needs more than these changes. Probably new oem libs from qualcomm... Just like we needed ones for adreno.

I could be also totally wrong :) Just not to discourage other devs trying to fix it :)

my sentiments exactly, i know burstlam/tilal9661 have something source-based but i can't get it to work with what they've put on github and a couple of gerrit patches (on blade) and they seem to have done a lot less than the p500 guys (which i tried to port) so not sure if they really have it working either.

i've given up on just copying the camera.p500.so file as that's killing battery (and doesn't work on all models).

Guest SingleWolf

carpon

Link: http://minus.com/mRGjFYfAM/ . Not present in first post due to problem with wakeup on incoming call.

Features all the same that previous build plus fixes to bluetooth, USB tethering and workaround for camera (it now partially works with additional patch).

Edited by SingleWolf

Guest trueno2k

yes it works for me and I was thinking it may test the people it might help

Hi, not to interrupt this topic but could you not format your text colour because its really hard to read on Tapatalk?!... I can see when I was writing this post that you have added loads of text formatting, it can be annoying at times, especially on Tapatalk!... Edited by trueno2k

Guest daddypaul

Hi, not to interrupt this topic but could you not format your text colour because its really hard to read on Tapatalk?!... I can see when I was writing this post that you have added loads of text formatting, it can be annoying at times, especially on Tapatalk!...

forgiveness I know not what they mean

Guest plegdroid

@tilal, just read with interest, after your exams you would be purchasing a G300 , just wondering in what position this would leave skate development? if any :)

Guest hugobosslives

@tilal, just read with interest, after your exams you would be purchasing a G300 , just wondering in what position this would leave skate development? if any :)

haha answer this question carefully mate.

cue loads of people buying G300's and others moaning about the skate development.

@pleg I'm pretty sure I've seem him say he will continue with both.

Guest plegdroid

haha answer this question carefully mate.

cue loads of people buying G300's and others moaning about the skate development.

@pleg I'm pretty sure I've seem him say he will continue with both.

tfft :lol: glad to hear it, so many good people leaving for the G300 :D

Guest hugobosslives

i've personally decided its not enough of an upgrade to bother switching. will stay with this until something dual or quad core interests me.

I cant see that many people leaving for the same reason so i'm sure this community will stay around for a while longer.

plus i dont really game that much on my phone as i've got my pc rig for that so until android really requires more power (atm i believe single core still cuts it) I'm keeping the skate

skate ics ftw :D

Edited by hugobosslives

For £100 it's a bargain.

When I see that tilal is getting one when looking through g300 topics,it settled it for me.Giving my skate to me ma,making a pink theme for her.lol.

Also,those who are thinking about going for g300 and are worried about sound loudness,there is a patch coming from huawei for that.Do not know if it is confirmed,but,flibblesan said It,so I am sure it will be so.

Edit: Just read that post by flibblesan again,and huawei posted it on Facebook

Edited by Guest

@jiko

Don't base buying the g300 on me. While it is likely I will get one after my exams it is by no means confirmed.

Its cool,I planned to get it before I new you was going to get one,its just the idea that you may get one made the choice a lot easier.

I think it will be like blade all over again,and I loved my blade days.

I am sure there will be a few devs getting one.

Edited by Guest