[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest C3C0

How long before we can see a new S3 kernel update for download?...

It's not just a question of kernel... Please note we are doing this in our free time. There're more important things in life than stable ics for Skate. People should stop asking for ETAs.

Guest utternoob

Very true. People need to realise that developing anything is an extensive process, even the simple things (not that coding a kernel is easy)

Guest trueno2k

Morning everyone... Sorry my bad, I never meant it to be a question of ETA, it was only just a wondering question...

Okay, back to my main query, currently I am unable to boot in to the first time set-up screens ( where you sign-in your google account, set the time-zone, and whatnot ) from a fresh flash of the 02/05 build and with both the 17/03 & 22/04 build of gapps ( obviously after wiping the device and flashing a fresh copy of the 02/05 build each time ), is this something that people are also experiencing? I've probably flashed both android and each gapps build a dozen times now and just can't seem to get the start-up screens... Has the 02/05 build been compiled differently and was left out of the build by accident and can be eventually rectified?... I do hope so as it does give it that fresh brand new feeling when you first switch on a new device :P ... I understand that this isn't really a big problem as I sure all the start up settings can be done manually via the setting menus and also via some of the gapps ( i.e. Play Store ), RIGHT?... Well, I gotta get back to my unusable OMC and get it back up and running again :P ... L8rs!... ;)

Edited by trueno2k

Guest utternoob

Do you have the 29/4 gapps. I did and it was fine. The only inconsistent thing is the credit card screen, but it doesn't matter to me

Guest plegdroid

@Trueno, morning, with regards to logging into Google, have you tried all of the loginable gapps? I've found if for say, you can't get in via market, try browser or gmail, if you can get into one, it logs you into all, worth a go :)

Guest trueno2k
Do you have the 29/4 gapps. I did and it was fine. The only inconsistent thing is the credit card screen, but it doesn't matter to me
Hah, never thought to check for a new gapps update from goo.im, thanks for the heads up will be flashing that to see I can get that freshly booted device feeling again :P

@Trueno, morning, with regards to logging into Google, have you tried all of the loginable gapps? I've found if for say, you can't get in via market, try browser or gmail, if you can get into one, it logs you into all, worth a go :)
From what I understand, you're trying to get me to load up one of the gapps related to google i.e. Play Store or use the browser and go directly to play store website and from there I should get a sign-in screen to enter my gmail & password... Yeah, already know how to get that far and most other settings, however, not sure how to get the credit card screen yet... :P ... Anyways, got 29/04 gapps and will be trying that one out soon! :P

Carpon

Use the 3mp option and it works fine. A bit of lag on 5 mp and that is about it

I'm getting freezes, fc's, no photos taken with 5MP setting, although at 3MP it's better I do sometimes get the freezes and odd fc, both of which I have to reboot to be able to use the camera again until it crashes again :( ... Shame it isn't like 07/04 build where you can sometimes get flickering but majority of the time no preview but still be able to take pictures and view them on Gallery... Just a shame :P

Guest utternoob

Trueno

I have only had the 5mp lag. No issues here

Edit: Also using S3 kernel, seems to help

Edited by utternoob

Guest milllhouse

Been on this rom now for more than 24h and i can say that it is stable enough for daily use. Everything seems to work properly, no issues APART THE CAMERA. I cannot use it with any settings,nor with the 5 nor with the 3mpix option, it just focuses but doesnt make any picture and freezes:/ after that it stays on the camera app for a while and then says "sorry,cannot connect to camera" . That annoys me so much:( I got used to the ICS so much on my galaxy nexus, that gingerbread annoys me too much and i want ICS. Anyways, still staying on this rom,despite the camera issue:/ Lets hope our developers will make this thing work in nearest future,we should pray for them:D

Guest trueno2k
Nope!... Got the same result as before flashed this on a clean fresh cfx and as soon as the homescreen pops up I get the lockscreen and after unlocking it I get my sim pin unlock dial screen then after unlocking sim I get homescreen...

Can you please indicate which file or files that is loaded on first boot from the gapps zip?... I've slightly modified the updater-script file to flash some replacement files and additional ones too...Mainly replaced the phonesky, googleservicesframework, googlequicksearchbox apks and added VendingSectorTool, GooglePackageVerifier & GooglePackageVerifierUpdater apks...

I hope these aren't the cause of my problem!... As it never affected me before CFX 07/04 builds including 07/04... I also modified the 02/05 CFX build to fit my partition layout aswell, but these modifications I've been doing for months have never affected me in the past... So, imo I think there must be something in CFX thats preventing the launch of these start up apks!... Any comments/opinions are welcome!... :D

Guest carpon
I'm getting freezes, fc's, no photos taken with 5MP setting, although at 3MP it's better I do sometimes get the freezes and odd fc, both of which I have to reboot to be able to use the camera again until it crashes again :( ... Shame it isn't like 07/04 build where you can sometimes get flickering but majority of the time no preview but still be able to take pictures and view them on Gallery... Just a shame :P

Carpon

Use the 3mp option and it works fine. A bit of lag on 5 mp and that is about it

When i capture a photo it freezes on 5 MP i'll try 3mp mode

----

what about the battery with you guys ? how long it stand ?

Guest plegdroid
boys! how to solve the 02/05 on the camera problem? : ((

evening, there's no practical solution as yet, without incurring no deep sleep and heavy battery drain.

Guest carpon

evening, there's no practical solution as yet, without incurring no deep sleep and heavy battery drain.

how do i assure that the deep sleep is working for me ?

i have very bad battery drain

Guest Josh92

how do i assure that the deep sleep is working for me ?

i have very bad battery drain

Get CPU Spy to check if deep sleep is working.

Guest carpon

guys , i'm totally confused !

in build 2/5 if i used camera i lose the deep sleep or what ?!

and when i use the cam on 5mp mode , i press capture it focus but without capturing any photo , i have to go out and open the cam again and i get a message failed to connect camera !

Guest milllhouse

guys , i'm totally confused !

in build 2/5 if i used camera i lose the deep sleep or what ?!

and when i use the cam on 5mp mode , i press capture it focus but without capturing any photo , i have to go out and open the cam again and i get a message failed to connect camera !

Thats just the same that happens to me. Guess its just a wrong code in kernel or in the libs somewhere. Just hopping that somebody is going to get this camera fixed, so that would make a fully working ICS rom for skate..

Guest Josh92

it written in unused :S

how can i make it works ?

Not the best to ask, may have to go back to previous version, not sure what else to suggest.

You definitely left the device looked for a while before checking CPU Spy?

Guest carpon

Not the best to ask, may have to go back to previous version, not sure what else to suggest.

You definitely left the device looked for a while before checking CPU Spy?

yub , around 10 minutes

Guest Muloo

It looks like results are not the same for all of us

I use 2/5 built with camera fix and have taken some pictures on the first day of install

now 3 days later i have fully garged my skate at night, use it the hole day ( calls, text, google on wifi) and my battery droped only 4% in 15H

So no bat.drain for me

Keep up the good work Tilal & Co , you guys rock my world

ps:could someone answer me in the "Working ADOBE FLASH 10.2, 10.3, 11 BBCiPlayer Streams Feeds.." threed plz?