[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest gguedes

i have only one big question. i'm using cfx with 902mhz processor and every i put on 940 or higher my device goes crazy and reboot for many times. i have readed that people can successful use 998mhz porcessor in ics with skate?? how?

Guest phuang3

i have only one big question. i'm using cfx with 902mhz processor and every i put on 940 or higher my device goes crazy and reboot for many times. i have readed that people can successful use 998mhz porcessor in ics with skate?? how?

There is no guarantee for any clock speed higher than stock frequency. Mine is also set on 902mhz, I found anything higher than this will freeze the system unexpectedly. It may not happen regularly, but when it happened I have to take out the battery. That is trouble for me.

Edited by phuang3

Guest Josh92

The amount you can overclock a processor is specifically down to the specific one, you can overclock one ARM6 further than another, 902mhz is obviously the furthest you can push yours, I can get mine to 960mhz before it does the same thing.

To my knowledge all processors are designed to go to a slightly higher frequency than default because theres no way of getting it spot on, therefore they go slightly higher than needed then set the default to a safe level for all of them, in this case 800mhz because they obviously can't risk selling them at their very highest frequency in case its slightly too high for one model and causing freezing out the box. This is why people overclock, to get their processor back up to what it can actually do rather than the default setting. Hope that makes sense.

Guest SingleWolf

Most probably it depends from processor (like desktop - some can be overclocked, some can't). My SFR runs absolutely stable even @1036MHz (usually use @998Mhz so it's fast enough :)) with no any "special secret settings".

Guest gguedes

:) thank you people. i have 902mhz and its a little stable and fast. sometimes it break a little but i think the problem is background applications :D

Guest vw.cobra

Very good work, Tital6991. Please - how sd-ext (ext3) connect? I have small place for data...:-(

Edited by vw.cobra

Guest favod

favod

Use link provided in 2nd post.

at time of my request there was no change log for the 15/05 build thats why i asked politely

Guest favod

i noticed today that i seem to have a very battery hungry phone i unplugged it at 730 this morning and by 4 i was down to 9% battery im gonna try the s3 kernel and see if that improves it

Guest Maple rain

Sorry, my Google translation, thank tilal the work, I really like this ROM.But I found that the camera can not autofocus.

Guest favod

It is: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1593432

Lets end the google chrome conversation here please.

It's not armv6, end of.

but i wanna go on an off topic tangent about something irrelevant

im not be sarcastic at you razzmataz im fed up of the constant stupid off topic discussions too

Edited by favod

Guest hugobosslives

Please I need your help. I have no sdext CM9. Back to Cm7 I sdext again. Can someone help me? Thank you

do you mean your sdcard has no ext partition or you can't mount the ext partition?

for the former, create one in clockwork (under advanced)

the latter, what are using to mount? I use link2sd and it works fine.

Guest Josh92

I'm finding battery life/smoothness to be improved a fair bit on the latest build, great work Tilal! Pretty much the most important improvements to me now, those and HQ Youtube, plus of course any of your surprises :D

Anyone noticed the bug in the Voice Search and some apps forcing to close in this recent build ?

Mine wasn't working on previous build either (the one on the homescreen search bar anyway) Edited by Josh92

Guest creedence

We are sorry! I sdext partition. Link2sd writes: mount script can not be created. No ext2, ext3, ext4. Backup I can not do anymore.

Guest WiiSky70

Solution : Format all mounts and storage , cache , system and data partitions .

And then you can flash the rom (15/05) and also the gapps :) , then you need at least 185 SD Card partition to get gapps working in the rom.

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest e.miron

Solution : Format all mounts and storage , cache , system and data partitions .

And then you can flash the rom (15/05) and also the gapps :) , then you need at least 185 SD Card partition to get gapps working in the rom.

Better make that 200 because i have it at 200 and only 3 mb free

Guest e.miron

Sdext partition is unknown. Backup sdext not possible.

Better make a backup of all content of the card on PC, then reformat the card, with a new ext partition.