[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

I wish mine had cost £90 sad.gif

Good morning and a Happy NEW YEAR everyone.

Just checked Argos website and they are showing same model with lower specs

Screen with only 65k colours

Internal memory only 184mb

My wife bought me mine a week ago from orange for £119

I believe it has a 16M colours

Havent received it yet.

Can't wait to get it on my hands

Guest Atomix86

Good morning and a Happy NEW YEAR everyone.

Just checked Argos website and they are showing same model with lower specs

Screen with only 65k colours

Internal memory only 184mb

My wife bought me mine a week ago from orange for £119

I believe it has a 16M colours

Havent received it yet.

Can't wait to get it on my hands

It's just usual argos misinformation, it is in fact the exact OMC bring sold by orange.

Guest tilal6991

Hey guys. Just to let everyone know that I'm taking a break from development for a few weeks. After this I will be back and hopefully will fix the majority of the bugs left.

Hey guys. Just to let everyone know that I'm taking a break from development for a few weeks. After this I will be back and hopefully will fix the majority of the bugs left.

Enjoy your holidays, you deserve it ;)

Guest xiaoyaoswim

Have a nice holiday!

Guest sergeant_tito

Merry xmas and happy new year tilal :) thx for your hard work and looking forward for the stable full working release :) good luck

AND happy new year to you guys ;)

Guest D3abL3

Hey Lalit, I hope you're enjoying your "vacations" :P

Listen, there's been found why browser, gmail, etc are not loading at android 4.0.3, due to a code change error.

I belive this needs to be done under the libwebcore.so but I have no clue how to decompile or work with this...

BrowserFrame.java is the file to be edited.

P.S.: I've been trying to use your cm9's repo for skate to update this ROM, I'm a bit noob under this github and stuff, but I believe the specific repo is not complete or smth...or am I really too noob for this? :P

Guest tilal6991

Hey Lalit, I hope you're enjoying your "vacations" :P

Listen, there's been found why browser, gmail, etc are not loading at android 4.0.3, due to a code change error.

I belive this needs to be done under the libwebcore.so but I have no clue how to decompile or work with this...

BrowserFrame.java is the file to be edited.

P.S.: I've been trying to use your cm9's repo for skate to update this ROM, I'm a bit noob under this github and stuff, but I believe the specific repo is not complete or smth...or am I really too noob for this? :P

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - I've managed to find the fix for web borwser not working :)

Also fixed USB mounting even though I'm supposed to be taking a break.

Oh well! I enjoy doing this too much! ;)

Guest PedroVader

There's no stopping you is there!!!

Browser fix is the only thing keeping me on v1, it'll be nice to get the smooth version back on.

You're doing really well, the problems are across the board for all devices, and the CM team are just that, a team, you're doing this alone, and seemingly quicker.

Keep it up fella, we appreciate your efforts!!

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk

Guest D3abL3

Glad my tip helped out :)

Concerning my question of before:

P.S.: I've been trying to use your cm9's repo for skate to update this ROM, I'm a bit noob under this github and stuff, but I believe the specific repo is not complete or smth...or am I really too noob for this?
Edited by D3abL3

Guest tilal6991

Glad my tip helped out :)

Concerning my question of before:

Yep. Follow the Getting Started section of the readme at https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android. But I only reccomend doing this if you have atleast 50GB of disk space. And a fast internet connection. And patience. After you download the source post here and I will give you specific instructions for building on for the Skate.

Guest romtastic

Tried an install earlier it works for about 2 minutes then freezes on mine? in the meantime i've gone back to cm7 v3.0 , but from what i got to see and use its looking really nice cant wait to have it working on mine stable. I'm fairly new to all this stuff so its probably something I've done or not done to be honest, but keep up the good work for sure, I've been a long time reader and the help and work done around here is excellent.

Guest PedroVader

Hi Lalit,

I know you've moved over to Lewa currently, and working on one last CM7, I was just wondering if are you planning to upload the browser fixed ICS or are you gonna tinker with it a bit more first?

Pete

Guest rangeoshun

Hi! I think we should wait until the CM team finishes getting rid a lot of bugs, because they will do it, and so than Tilal doesn't have to.

Let the man rest :D

Great work by the way, thank you!

Guest Atomix86
Uploading the new rom now. It has all the fixes as detailed on the second post.

Nice work mate, I really want to switch to your cm9 port as my main but I'm a bit miffed as to why youtube doesn't work on it (I've tried both the 2.3.4 market downloadable version and the official ics version ripped from a nexus), but it crashes on video load. Is it safe to say that it's because hw decoding for videos is not yet fully supported?

Cheers :D

Guest tilal6991

Nice work mate, I really want to switch to your cm9 port as my main but I'm a bit miffed as to why youtube doesn't work on it (I've tried both the 2.3.4 market downloadable version and the official ics version ripped from a nexus), but it crashes on video load. Is it safe to say that it's because hw decoding for videos is not yet fully supported?

Cheers

That I'd indeed why I think YouTube doesn't work. I have found a work around. It involves jetvd and mxvideo player.