[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest unomesmo

It is just a PHONE....

:huh: the NOKIA 3310 was just a phone, this is a SMARTphone with a lot of posibilities and functions.

I've a 3310 if you want to buy one ;) :P

Vibrator :lol:

:D :lol:

Guest icman
Sorry you're right!

It is just a PHONE. I have CD radio, flashlight, camera, PC, MP3 player. Hmmmm ... I've forgotten something?

Yes you forgot something. Who the f..k cares what you've got to get you. Not to talk about what ought to have, but why it would be good if the FM radio it would be a non-working section.

Edited by icman

Guest e.miron

Vibrator

Actually you can find lots of apps which turn the Skate into just that, a personal vibrator. :)

Edited by e.miron

Guest creedence

Yes you forgot something. Who the f..k cares what you've got to get you. Not to talk about what ought to have, but why it would be good if the FM radio it would be a non-working section.

Why do not you build your own CM9?

Guest cooler11

We should be honest and add the non-working function to that section.

It is not so fair not to list them at all, because some people think them as useless. Features are features, and something useless for me maybe it is useful for others.

So, it is not a good tactic to write down the features of this excellent rom and mention them like 'use third party app'(which does not work for 99% of us-like wifi tether), or omit features completely like fm radio.

It is misinformation I think.

Guest unomesmo

Why do not you build your own CM9?

You are completely wrong.. with your arguments, with forms and with your attitude..

In addition, no one is discrediting anyone. No one is saying that the ROM is bad. No one is attacking Tilal. No one is insulting or speaking in bad taste. Only you .. that do not respect the needs of others.

And finally, if so, who made ​​you a defender of this?

Guest WiiSky70

There aren't going to be any official updates to ics for armv6 powered phones. None at all.

Remember when 4.0.4 was released back in March to the AOSP (Android Open Source Project thing) ?

If they release all the SDK's in that version it would be a lot easier to the dev's incorporating the stuff to their ROM's

Guest unomesmo

Guys. In case you haven't noticed I have added FM radio to not working section a few hours ago...

As always, thanks for your good work! ;)

Guest icman
Guys. In case you haven't noticed I have added FM radio to not working section a few hours ago...

Thank you on behalf of every forum reader. And once again thanks for the superb rom.

cm-9-20120615-EXPERIMENTAL-skate-ColdFusionX-tilal6991.zip

Previous versions of this excellent ROM was 197MB would fit into a 200MB partition like the TPT Skate 2b.

The new 06/15 version is 216MB so needs a 220MB partition.

The best way to achieve this is to look at the really useful TPT website

http://amphoras.co.uk/index.php/downloads/skate-tpts

Load the TPT Helper app and build a custom partition.

I used 220MB system, 2MB cache and 218MB data with ClockworkMod recovery v4.0.1.4

This is a truly great ROM family and I congratulate all involved in developing it.

Andrew

Guest banemitre66

As I can see it cm9 for zte skate has reached his peak,so that's it,for me it's back to cm7,for some this is enough ,it was fun while it lasted ,thx all devs that made it possible ,good bye. :(

Guest elianoos

Thank you Redstarr1 for helping me to give me the right link to simple2sd & sorry to be late to thank u, however I don't know why your aggressive way of speach, just when I got answers , couldn't find the right link to simple2sd, wich works perfect not at all like link2sd.

Thanks alot to tilal6991 , it is the best rom I ever got on my zte skate

wish now I got help for some few questions, I got some problems with this rom :-

1- Camera flash not working , tried many other programs, not working

2- Read aloud any document or pdf , tried even many programs, not working

3- text wrapping for allignment of columns when reading online, not working, but when i got opera, it is the only working, wish it works on the original browser

4- Adobe flash player, not working, is there any solution in the future to fix it??

Sorry , but need an answer for another question, is it possible to install the new update without loosing information?? I mean , with no need to backup & restore??

Edited by elianoos

Guest gavin.19

1- Camera flash not working , tried many other programs, not working

4- Adobe flash player, not working, is there any solution in the future to fix it??

The first page where you download the ROM explains what is/isn't working (and most other pages too). The camera flash/Flash will (99.9% certainty) never work. If you want a Skate that is 100% functional then use a 2.3.x-based ROM that it's designed for, and fully supports, the hardware (ie arm v6).

You get no camera flash, no Flash, no FM radio, no Dolby/Bravia support and most importantly, choppy HQ video/Youtube playback. Sure ICS is nice, but it's too much of a sacrifice IMO. The only real difference that I noticed was a smoother browser.

If you benchmark your phone (for what it's worth), then a 2.3.x-based ROM (in my own tests) will score 10-20% higher overall than a 4.0.x-based one.

Guest nathanmarck

@tilal: I tried compiling your modified settings but ColdFusionX.java keeps throwing errors about CFX_STATUSBAR_TRANSPARENCY variable not being called and such, Any idea why this is happening?