[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Furthermore the UI more responsive than the last release. This release doesn't use deep sleep state yet on my phone. Anyway bright prospects for the future and great job tilal.

Guest vincent56

I am also currently testing the latest version on-line .... the installation went without problems ... wipe data / cache..wipe Dalvik cache ... reboot ... install CM9 in recovery ... GAPPS install .... reboot ... installation and synchronization function to access ... wireless market .... ok .... overclocking to 902MHz ... all without worries ...but..

several freeze the phone during installation or just launch some applications (app2sd, link2sd, astro, android wizard ...) requires removing the battery and reboot ... no apn (but I will expected) ... incoming and outgoing sms .... ok in 2 directions ... the trebuchet launcher is nice ... ok .... Internet parameters menu is superb ...I continue to test to see if I find something else ...

Tilal did a fantastic job!

(sorry for my poor english....google translator)

phone freeze when reboot by power button....

Staraddict skate SFR

Edited by vincent56

Guest lupohirp

hi tilal i saw your github unfortunately for me it doesn't work with qcom/display libs....i saw that you have enabled genlock....you have worked on kernel in order to do this???thnks in advice :) for freezes and random reboots i had the same problem with my testers...after porting kgsl 3.0 drivers add this to your config in kernel

CONFIG_MSM_KGSL_PAGE_TABLE_SIZE=0xFFF0000

CONFIG_MSM_KGSL_GPUMMU=y

i've resolved so my reboots problems :)

Edited by lupohirp

Guest plegdroid

I feel I've divided the community into two sides. On with reboots and one without. The next build will try to address this problem.

@Tilal, for clarity, is your phone uk omc and cwm which version are you using? :)

Guest tilal6991
hi tilal i saw your github unfortunately for me it doesn't work with qcom/display libs....i saw that you have enabled genlock....you have worked on kernel in order to do this???thnks in advice for freezes and random reboots i had the same problem with my testers...after porting kgsl 3.0 drivers add this to your config in kernel

CONFIG_MSM_KGSL_PAGE_TABLE_SIZE=0xFFF0000

CONFIG_MSM_KGSL_GPUMMU=y

i've resolved so my reboots problems

Thanks man but I've already enabled that. As for genlock - yes I'm using genlock. My kernel source is on Tom G's account. Also look at my include dir in my device config. It has a few files which may help you.

@Tilal, for clarity, is your phone uk omc and cwm which version are you using?

Uk omc using my latest posted cwm.

Guest victormun

Uk omc using my latest posted cwm.

And just to know this... and it doesn't happen to you that, after the first boot, when you open the CWM, you're unable to use the physical keys?

Guest tilal6991

And just to know this... and it doesn't happen to you that, after the first boot, when you open the CWM, you're unable to use the physical keys?

No - works fine for me blink.gif

Guest victormun

No - works fine for me blink.gif

Then, my device is weird :( Cause I'm able to get the ROM installed (which means the physical keys work) but after the first boot, I'm not able to use them anymore. :(

EDIT: And, to set things clear the Option 2 of the flashing TPT's (200MB system, 35MB cache, 205MB data) should be perfect for this build, uh?

I'm going to make the exact same installation you made, tilal :)

Edited by victormun

Guest tilal6991

Then, my device is weird Cause I'm able to get the ROM installed (which means the physical keys work) but after the first boot, I'm not able to use them anymore.

EDIT: And, to set things clear the Option 2 of the flashing TPT's (200MB system, 35MB cache, 205MB data) should be perfect for this build, uh?

I'm going to make the exact same installation you made, tilal

Yep that would work.

Excellent. I'll reflash the TPT, install the new recovery and install the ROM. I'll report you back.

Has the new recovery been updated ?

Last time I used it,the recovery freeze when booted to recovery with volume down + power method.

Guest tilal6991

Last time I used it,the recovery freeze when booted to recovery with volume down + power method.

Its home, volume up and power.

Its home, volume up and power.

Recovery has always been power + volume down to enter recovery ?

Thats the combination for a TPT

edit: oh I see,home ,tpt is menu+ power+volume up

Edited by Guest

Guest tilal6991

Recovery has always been power + volume down to enter recovery ?

Thats the combination for a TPT

I use home, volume up and power to get into recovery. Tpt for me is menu volume up and power.

Guest victormun

I was able to install it with the new recovery and all... but I still got several reboots. Weird it is.

I was able to install it with the new recovery and all... but I still got several reboots. Weird it is.

Yes the reboots still there,but is it random or certain events ?

I had reboot when I opened market,and with titanium backup,and,mass usb.But for me nothing else caused reboots.

Obviously titanium backup is a known one for problems with ics.

Guest victormun

Yes the reboots still there,but is it random or certain events ?

I had reboot when I opened market,and with titanium backup,and,mass usb.But for me nothing else caused reboots.

Obviously titanium backup is a known one for problems with ics.

Random. I had a reboot moving through the app drawer of the Trebuchet Launcher, for instance.

Guest domenico lamberti

man this is CRAZY, when do you sleep/revise/have time for anything else, are you neo from the matrix, do you see code? camera partially working is better than some of the high end androids