[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

I'm still running the build before current, and If I dont touch the phone at all It's perfectly stable, just going through menus and stuff doesn't seem to effect it (I'm OC'd too which probably isn't best for stability, but yeah it crashes on stock speeds too), the only time I get restarts is when I use something like the Facebook app or just generaly do "a lot" of things at once.

so who else other than tilal is not getting reboots? I havent heard anyone on here say there running without reboots

Yep, all people I read, have freezes and reboots... Me too

Guest plegdroid

I installed the ROM at night and when i saw my phone awake when i got up i though this is it.....Started playing around with it and the freezes were back.

I liked MIUI with regards to freezes coz it had kill app on long back button press. So whenever i used to get a freeze anywhere i used to hit back button and never had problems of reboots.

Something to do with UI ?

cm9 does come with kill app on long press of back button :)

Its in develeper options

Edited by plegdroid

Guest sergeant_tito

well running this about 10 hours...reboots only when using Titanium backup while restoring more than 1 app...everything else works ok no freezes or other reboots...

EDIT:

reboot while linking app to sd (link2SD)

Edited by sergeant_tito

Guest JThumar

Anything to do with SD card ? Any chance trying new SD card might solve it ?blink.gif

cm9 does come with kill app on long press of back button :)

Its in develeper options

Guest plegdroid

ummm... uh could you explain what did you say? sorry I'm not English :$

I mean ... what does it's a pig mean?

sorry, it's not doing what I want it to do

:)

Guest tilal6991

Right. I may have a solution.

I'm going to post a clean compile of the new source for the ZTE Blade released a couple of days ago. Can you guys test whether it fixes the reboots?

Guest rufus2005

I'm going to post a clean compile of the new source for the ZTE Blade released a couple of days ago. Can you guys test whether it fixes the reboots?

sure thing, will test with pleasure

Sure

Guest tilal6991

Happily test I'm bored! No reports of reboots on the Blade?

Exact opposite actually - the Blade port isn't doing well. Which is why I've come to the decision to use the new source. It might fix something?

Guest dt_matthews

happy to try it as i love this rom but its far too unstable [for me] to keep on presently