[ICS] [CM9] [4.0.4] ColdFusionX for the ZTE Skate [ROM] [UPDATED - 28/06]

Guest tilal6991

Guest JThumar

Works fine for me on Skate headset...............Bluetooth is not working on this. Confirmed it is not able to receive any files from other devices.

I plug my heaset to listen music, but it dowsnt wortk..."music come out from the rear speaker of the phone"

Guest zsumo1992

Works fine for me on Skate headset...............Bluetooth is not working on this. Confirmed it is not able to receive any files from other devices.

Hmmm....then what is the problem with my phone.... on CM7 works my earphone.

Guest Frankish

Is this what you mean by colour banding? If so I know what you mean, in some apps its really horrible but others it looks less obvious, never noticed it too much before lol

That's exactly what I meant. I wonder if tilal hasn't set something in other kernel. I'll dig up the bit I mean.

Sent from my ZTE Skate using Tapatalk

Guest Frankish

I'm not so sure. Also headset works fine for music after using my fix! Just tested enabling both those options and no difference. There's more to it

Edited by Frankish

Guest JThumar

I told everyone no one took interest........its the color banding which i meant......

Are the graphics little bit downgraded in this release or its just my eyes ??blink.gif

Guest tilal6991

The banding has always been that ba. No one has focused on it because o the reboots. I'm working on fixing it but zte have made it difficult with their weird kernel.

I asked about HW Video decoding, but no one answered so far.

Has anyone managed to play videos with hw decoding for example in MX Video Player?

The ones that i can play flawlessly in ice armor, or any CM7 are only played in SW mode in CM9, and are so laggy.

Guest PedroVader
tilal6991 sorry for double posting this but please have a look at http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1510485

camera works with this hack under cm9/ics

but no stress ;-)

Its not a simple as flashing the zip file, came back with an error.

The camera on the skate is probably not the same as the Droid 3, as the xda thread says its for qualcomm cameras only, although the principle might be right.

Guest PedroVader

OK then, ran it yesterday with the kernel fix method...brilliant:D

Had it on for 3 hours with the new build today...even more brilliant. Thanks to Frankish for the quick and dirty audio fix, calls are great. Music works fine through the standard headset, and my SE X10 mini headset.

Never really bothered about the colour banding, I only really see it on the all white backgrounds like messaging, Gmail and contacts, not an issue for me at all.

All in all, well happy with it...nicely done Lalit :D

Guest PedroVader
I asked about HW Video decoding, but no one answered so far.

Has anyone managed to play videos with hw decoding for example in MX Video Player?

The ones that i can play flawlessly in ice armor, or any CM7 are only played in SW mode in CM9, and are so laggy.

Try BS Player, just played 10 minutes of a file over my LAN, crystal clear and smooth in SW mode, HW decoding doesn't work, but having used BS player on every rom in both HW and SW modes, there's not a massive difference to me if I'm honest.

I'm not overclocked, and not planning to while there's no lag, its not broken, so I'm not fixing it :D

Guest zsumo1992

What kind of fixes ? It would be good, if I should fix it somehow.

I'm not so sure. Also headset works fine for music after using my fix! Just tested enabling both those options and no difference. There's more to it

Guest JThumar

What app are you using for youtube ?

Try BS Player, just played 10 minutes of a file over my LAN, crystal clear and smooth in SW mode, HW decoding doesn't work, but having used BS player on every rom in both HW and SW modes, there's not a massive difference to me if I'm honest.

I'm not overclocked, and not planning to while there's no lag, its not broken, so I'm not fixing it :D

Guest Frankish
How should I find out what the problem is ?

Have you applied my Audio fix a page back or so?

Edited by Frankish

Guest pbz1983

Installed this rom last night, no reboots whilst the phone is active, however when the phone is idle (during the night) the battery drains.

When I woke up this morning the phone was dead, I've charged it since and now the phone has rebooted several times even though i've not touched it.

The phone will also freeze on the android boot logo sometimes when it reboots itself.

Apart from this the rom and CM9 features are great, but it is too unstable to use daily rom as you'd have to keep checking your phone every so often to make sure its ok.