Unlocking San Fran 2

Guest downloader50

Guest ian_blade2

ok then guys this is what im gonna say ive got myself in a total mess with this and to be honest im out of my depth with the unlocking part of this phone i have all the software all the files needed and the rom on the phone already ......................if possible this is what id like id like to pay someone to do this for me Or make a donation to the site ?? but i think if i dont get someone to do this for me im gonna end up in trouble i will take a pic of what i do in my day job to prove im not totally stupid.......but im stuck...sad.gif anyone ? ? please....

Guest unrandomsam

i cant seem to get this part done with i understand the rest .............if im right in thinking u need to reload rom after unlocking ??

Go into “Preparation” folder and run the “install-recovery-windows.bat”. This should flash stock recovery and reboot the phone.

anyhelp with this would be muchly appreciated its just i cannot seem to see my phone ?? it keeps saying cant find devices :(

You can get away without using fastboot if you use the tpt's

from

Guest unrandomsam

This will flash just boot with clockmod and recovery with stock recovery.

(About Phone -> System Updates -> Storage Card Updates put into /sdcard/image and press ok.

You can use it instead of the stage to reload stock recovery.

image.bin (8.63 MB) (OSF2)

http://www.multiupload.com/Q9BK82OKW9

image.bin (8.62 MB) (Vivacity)

http://www.multiupload.com/O3B7NQIDKG

If you want to use adb but not fastboot then when it comes to reinstalling the recovery after the download.exe process

then you can just do (From Clockworkmod)

adb shell

dump_image boot /sdcard/recovery_from_boot.img

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery_from_boot.img

Guest unrandomsam

Erm, thats a good idea, could you not include the amss.bin (?) with a TPT image?

Returning to stock best idea to just install the lot (Chances by the time its necessary somewhere else in the world will have better one).

Hi friends, I think my OSF-II got in to trouble :( , after I complete the process, my phone goes to CWM-based Recovery V4.0.1.5 menu. did i miss any steps and how to come out of this ? Please advice

Thanks a Lot

R2K

Guest unrandomsam

Hi friends, I think my OSF-II got in to trouble :( , after I complete the process, my phone goes to CWM-based Recovery V4.0.1.5 menu. did i miss any steps and how to come out of this ? Please advice

Thanks a Lot

R2K

Have you restored the nvitems with QPST I think its worked ok - there is just no rom installed at the moment (FTM is in recovery and clockworkmod is in boot) Rest of the system is blank.

You can try one of the custom roms (If you want to go back to stock you can use a full stock TPT (image.bin) from the stock roms thread.) Try and work out the keycombo (Probably menu + volume up for OSF2) tmobile vivacity no idea.

Thanks Sam, I have installed the OSF II official ROM ( OUK_P736VV1.0.0B11-update_signed.zip ) from CWM Recovery mode. Now my phone is with all OSF II Application and it is unlocked & working fine with other Network :) .

Thanks to all

R2K

Guest ian_blade2

ok then guys after a night of not wanting to give up , i followed something sam sent me basicly how to unlock the phone the normal methods , right and im pleased to say thanks to him ive unlocked it i had to put it bk to a orange rom to do this now the only problem i have is im unlocked , my keyboard has gone back out of sink , i now have the debranded rom back on my phone , everythings working except when i try to connect wireless it sais something like no mac address or mac adress wrong ?? any ideas :( once ive done that im sorted i hope then i can get on with using it i will take sum images and post them up im sure im not 100% understanding everything right now but im gonna keep around here and help where i can everyone on this forum seems great help and friendly many thanksrolleyes.gif

great phone by the way cannot wait to use it if i can do this bit......dry.gif

Guest project_tt

ok then guys after a night of not wanting to give up , i followed something sam sent me basicly how to unlock the phone the normal methods , right and im pleased to say thanks to him ive unlocked it i had to put it bk to a orange rom to do this now the only problem i have is im unlocked , my keyboard has gone back out of sink , i now have the debranded rom back on my phone , everythings working except when i try to connect wireless it sais something like no mac address or mac adress wrong ?? any ideas :( once ive done that im sorted i hope then i can get on with using it i will take sum images and post them up im sure im not 100% understanding everything right now but im gonna keep around here and help where i can everyone on this forum seems great help and friendly many thanksrolleyes.gif

Guest project_tt

All you need to do now is put your phone into FTM

Mode

Then open QPST

Make sure your phone is detected

Then click restore and select the Nv back up file you should have saved earlier

If you ain't got this file, I might be able to send you the back up from my phone ..., as it has been established that the NV file for the blade 2 will not actually effect the imei number of the phone

So I am guessing any blade 2 NV file will do to fix your Mac address issue

Well done for sticking at it Ian it looks like you are nearly there, have been following this thread since the method first appeared on the forum, the method maybe staightforward to people who are used to unlocking / debranding mobiles, however as a complete novice the more threads i read the more confused i got, maybe best for me to wait a few more days and hopefully somebody will post a final easy solution for the inexpeirenced to follow , will have to do it soon though do not want to stay orange.....

Guest ian_blade2

hi project tt , mate thanks for that advice so could you send me that file as i dont believe ive backed it up properly and then just give me the finishing instructions im sure i did the restore of the backed up file last night but that hasnt done the trick lol and for some reason i cannot work out whats going on with my keyboard lol :( all help appreciated thx ian...

ps qpst only works on one laptop yes as in i cant do this from work on my qpst on works laptop ?? also wana make sure ive not got things on my sd card i shouldnt have lol as when i click restore on my sd card backup this takes me bk to the original orange rom does that make sence many thx ian. :rolleyes:

and also bry i recommend trying it either way ive bricked it , unlocked it , put the rom on it if i can get this mac working and the keyboard sorted im there lol and im a novice with the phones i just build the networks for em to run on lol :lol:

Edited by ian_blade2

Guest confusedperson

Hi Friends,

thanks for doing this unlocking thing

but just wondering do i need to root my device before doing the unlock procedure?

& also will this void the warranty of the mobile?

also, will you be making an unlocking procedure which will cost?

Edited by confusedperson

Guest project_tt

hi project tt , mate thanks for that advice so could you send me that file as i dont believe ive backed it up properly and then just give me the finishing instructions im sure i did the restore of the backed up file last night but that hasnt done the trick lol and for some reason i cannot work out whats going on with my keyboard lol :( all help appreciated thx ian...

ps qpst only works on one laptop yes as in i cant do this from work on my qpst on works laptop ?? also wana make sure ive not got things on my sd card i shouldnt have lol as when i click restore on my sd card backup this takes me bk to the original orange rom does that make sence many thx ian. :rolleyes:

and also bry i recommend trying it either way ive bricked it , unlocked it , put the rom on it if i can get this mac working and the keyboard sorted im there lol and im a novice with the phones i just build the networks for em to run on lol :lol:

this is the file you need http://www.multiupload.com/A4IAI20RJT

download it then extract the DEADD00D_23.qcn file to the bin file where your install of QPST is installed on your pc.

mine is located like this

c: drive / programme files / Qualcomm / QPST / Bin / you will see where to put the file here (there will also be a folder called NV Backup but dont put in that)

then take batery out of your phone and replace then put your phone into FTM mode by pressing and holding power and vol down key or if you have clockwork installed its still the same

open QPST program and make sure your phone is detected on the com port its attached to

then at the top click the restore tab

then click browse and locatek the DEADD00D_23.qcn you will have put into the Bin folder

then click start.... should only take a few moments

your phone will re boot possibly when you have done this

if not just make sure the restore has finished then take out your battery and replace. turn on and then try your wifi settings.

if this not work ..... i have no idea ..... if worked for me but it could have been luck.

Guest project_tt

ian_blade2

i had issues with QPST on windows 7 32bit

but i then ran it in compatibility mode for windows XP sp3

works like a charm.....

not sure about your laptop issue

Guest ian_blade2

thanks for that information project :rolleyes: thats extremely usefull will make sure i do this as soon as home from work the work laptops are for configuring kit for work so i have to be carefull wat software im using so it doesnt interfier as soon as im home will try this though and fingers crossed all will be ok ..............has anyone had any problem with the touch pad out of sync ??

many thanks ian.

Hi Ian,will take the plunge tomorrow afternoon when i can involve my son, as he is into computing albeit nothing to do with mobiles and they say 2 brains are better than one, probably be on here by 3 pm saying....... help!!! help!!! lol

Edited by bryfly

Hi guys, Can anybody advise about the debranding, what is the difference between the debranding by Sebastian404 in this thread and the debranding pinned in the forum by flibblesan [ROM] FLB2 - Completely Debranded GB ROM, both have different rom reference numbers which both seem slightly different to the number on my SF2, is it purely personal choice about which one to use, or is one a better option than the other.....

Guest ian_blade2

just to update , thanks for all the help guys , i reverted bk to the orange original orange rom just so i could make the keypad work the phones still unlocked but sadly now cant get it into FTM mode , and now havent got a mac adress so no wireless also for some unknown reason ive lost the fastboot windows file lol and...........to top it off i cant win if i put rebranded rom on i loose front camera , sync of keypad but now i cant detect phone in qpst lol ,,,,,,,,or com port ? and basicly im stuck again just as i thought id cracked it lol :) any help guys ? ? thx ian.rolleyes.gif

Guest ian_blade2

i may sell my phone if i cant finish it off as stock again .....lol so keep ur eyes peeled on a cheepy cheap phone , im getting fed up with it now ive had it a week lol n not been able to use it yet :( .

Guest unrandomsam

i may sell my phone if i cant finish it off as stock again .....lol so keep ur eyes peeled on a cheepy cheap phone , im getting fed up with it now ive had it a week lol n not been able to use it yet :( .

The QPST part is in this video (Watch until you see the QPST restore what backup is is kind of obvious)

Guest ian_blade2

hi there project tt

thanks for that file mate right ok this is the problem i have i have done everything youve told me to do .....................so i got upto the bit where u reboot your phone into FTM mode however...

i cant get FTM mode booted in at all whatever method i try with batt in or out ......./ also i tried manually inputting into exvi 32 hex editor , and that doesnt seem to work either however i take it the script for the crescent is different to that of the monte carlo ??

can u understand why i cant get into ftm but it boots straight into clockwork recovery ??

appreciate all the help so far many thx ian. :rolleyes:

Guest h4gster

this is the file you need http://www.multiupload.com/A4IAI20RJT

download it then extract the DEADD00D_23.qcn file to the bin file where your install of QPST is installed on your pc.

mine is located like this

c: drive / programme files / Qualcomm / QPST / Bin / you will see where to put the file here (there will also be a folder called NV Backup but dont put in that)

then take batery out of your phone and replace then put your phone into FTM mode by pressing and holding power and vol down key or if you have clockwork installed its still the same

open QPST program and make sure your phone is detected on the com port its attached to

then at the top click the restore tab

then click browse and locatek the DEADD00D_23.qcn you will have put into the Bin folder

then click start.... should only take a few moments

your phone will re boot possibly when you have done this

if not just make sure the restore has finished then take out your battery and replace. turn on and then try your wifi settings.

if this not work ..... i have no idea ..... if worked for me but it could have been luck.

This worked a treat for me cheers.

Edited by h4gster