Android full NAnd ROM

Guest toumpanos

Guest toumpanos

Will it be possible to create a full nand ROM!? I know that this question has been asked before, but i believe that a progress must be made to this direction, because i think the winmo nand has to be abandoned for good. A full Android ROM is the next step and the new challenge for the dev working on this project!

Edited by toumpanos

Guest toumpanos

It's been said quite a lot of times that this feature isn't a priority

I know my friend. But i'm hoping someday it will! I don't know the reason why it cannot be a priority, but i assume it is becaue the froyo ROM is not fully functional .... yet! Are you a dev?

Guest vakaloka

I know my friend. But i'm hoping someday it will! I don't know the reason why it cannot be a priority, but i assume it is becaue the froyo ROM is not fully functional .... yet! Are you a dev?

yes, thats it, and not, I'm not a dev

Guest toumpanos

But although froyo does have some bugs, it can be theoretically installed as a nand rom. It will be an innovation! And updates will be easier through CWM. I'm just hoping! :-) .

Anyway congrats for the devs so far!!!!!!!

Guest lotuxete

But although froyo does have some bugs, it can be theoretically installed as a nand rom. It will be an innovation! And updates will be easier through CWM. I'm just hoping! :-) .

Anyway congrats for the devs so far!!!!!!!

Uhmmmm...... but now the updates are easier than using CWM. In fact the updates are easier than any native Android phone, because you only have to copy and paste, bro. And if something goes wrong you only have to copy and paste again :-)

Porting to ROM involves a high "bricking" risk. Just think about it.... nowadays installing Android on our O2 is a bit problematic to many people who have to deal with partitions, linux, etc. Whenever you flash your ROM part there's a certain provability of bricking your phone, even if you are an expert. So just think about not so experts... it's awful.

Besides ROM memory it's not much faster than "Internal Memory", so I can't see the point of installing Android into ROM memory. Maybe so as to free some memory...

Another point against is that NOW you can choose between WM and Android. But there isn't enough space in ROM for both.

Bye.

Guest voyteckst

Uhmmmm...... but now the updates are easier than using CWM. In fact the updates are easier than any native Android phone, because you only have to copy and paste, bro. And if something goes wrong you only have to copy and paste again :-)

Porting to ROM involves a high "bricking" risk. Just think about it.... nowadays installing Android on our O2 is a bit problematic to many people who have to deal with partitions, linux, etc. Whenever you flash your ROM part there's a certain provability of bricking your phone, even if you are an expert. So just think about not so experts... it's awful.

Besides ROM memory it's not much faster than "Internal Memory", so I can't see the point of installing Android into ROM memory. Maybe so as to free some memory...

Another point against is that NOW you can choose between WM and Android. But there isn't enough space in ROM for both.

Bye.

NAND reading is much faster than internal memory. It has additionally 64MB of cache.