ICS AOSP user discussion

Guest the_crevis

Guest senky_SK

Google maps doesn't appear to work. I can get my location with another app that uses agps but Google maps won't work, won't draw the map, won't get location or download the update for itself, says package not signed

gpu isnt fixed jet. look like google maps need gpu for rendering maps. Not working Sygic or Galery for that reason

Guest FlatPackPete

Here's some benchmarking I did with AnTuTu 2.4.3

My Phone is a Gen 1 convered to Gen 2 Orange San Fransisco with LCD screen

The current build is Alpha 15 with Superuser from first post and CPU Master Free (from the market) to overclock

To run you have to run a custom and un-tick the 3D Graphics Part.

Overclocked to 748MHz I get:

Ram: 126

CPU Integer : 217

CPU Float-Point: 160

2D Graphics : 505

SD Card Write : 6.6MB/s

SD Card Read: 10.8 MB/s

Total Score: 1337

Still waiting to see if my phone is stable at these speeds as this is is the most I have been able to push it on any distro, not just ICS.

Oh and a little tip for anyone who can't flash the full google apps due to partition size, if you just flash the Market_Google_Accounts_Fix.zip from earlier in this thread then you will get market without the other apps (found that out by accident!) but this way you can get only the apps you want / have space for.

EDIT: Ha, seemed I temped fate a bit posting above. I'm now down to 710MHz and now while I can download apps from Market I can't get YouTube / GMail but I can get Google Maps. Weird......

Edited by FlatPackPete

Guest liamdunn

gpu isnt fixed jet. look like google maps need gpu for rendering maps. Not working Sygic or Galery for that reason

It worked in U12 so somethings changed between then and the latest update

Guest FlatPackPete

How to connect phone with pc in ICS? It shows me nothing when i plug in cable.

If you mean mass storage mode so you can see your SD card then I don't think it's working yet. I can see "ZTE USB Mass Storage Device" under Device manager (on Windows 7) but it shows as empty.

ADB works fine.

Guest JustasU

It works in CM9, but not in the aosp-updates. Use "adb push PathToFile /sdcard/newfilename" or do it in the recovery, mounts and storage, mount usb.

Thx it worked :)

Guest Davidoff59

super user needs to be flashed with rom manager as Liam said. I had the same issue but until it is flashed, there will be files missing from the phone so root access isn't there

Guest oxyg3n89

Has anyone tried using zmooth or button savior? Home works but back and menu dont. Virtual bar says "unable to execute as root " But superuser zip was applied before.

Edited by oxyg3n89

I have a noob question. Since we have all differents partitions layout, do you think the size of the cache can have an effect on performance. And since I have posted a video of my phone can you tell me if you get exactly the same performances with differents partition layout.

Guest Davidoff59

good question ayziaa. I think cache size does make a difference. reason I say, that is doing a benchmark, I got 1299 points at, 691mhz. I then downloaded a SD cache increasing app, set the cache to 2048 and re ran or and got around 950 points.

I know benchmarks don mean much but it was a large drop.

good question ayziaa. I think cache size does make a difference. reason I say, that is doing a benchmark, I got 1299 points at, 691mhz. I then downloaded a SD cache increasing app, set the cache to 2048 and re ran or and got around 950 points.

I know benchmarks don mean much but it was a large drop.

Ok thanks for sharing your experimentation. I'm wondering if that's why t0mm13b advised to flash a tpt v10 and not for the 5 mb more on the system partition.

But I think the all thing will get much faster on the future, because for now it's kind slow even if H/W accel is doing a good job.

Maybe that's because the processor is not fully fonctionnal (armv6-vfp dalvikvm)???Don't really know what that mean...If someone knows...biggrin.gif

Guest the_crevis

I just flashed u15 again and now, whatever i do i cant get gapps to install. I have ample room, but whether i move them manually to system or flash them in clockworkmod, they will be there, but won't install! :@ logcat says unable to install to /data/.

Guest targetbsp

I have a noob question. Since we have all differents partitions layout, do you think the size of the cache can have an effect on performance. And since I have posted a video of my phone can you tell me if you get exactly the same performances with differents partition layout.

Since you mention partition layouts, I assume you mean the cache partition? That is used purely as temporary storage for downloads by the Android market and isn't a cache used for speeding anything up.

Guest the_crevis

what gapps file are you using, is it the 60mb file?

I used both the 60mb file and my cut down one. The apps appear in system, but they arent installed and won't install. I checked the update scripts and they're fine.

Guest Davidoff59

not working

cam, image gallery, maps, sound in telephone calls, youtube off the top of my head.

there are also random complete freezes then reboots.

messaging works, as does market, Gmail, GPS, root, over clock. stock browser is slow but opera mini helps a lot.

its usable currently taking telephony sound out of the equation.