ICS AOSP user discussion

Guest the_crevis

Guest the_crevis

yes but you was saying about previous builds . i flashed U15 and U16 and it didnt had those !!!

this new build have them but i wasnt talking about this . anyway

Alright guys cut it, some builds have the red lines, some don't, simple as.

Feel free to discuss why the red lines, or how to get rid of them, but dont argue.

What the difference between ICS_Alpha16 and ICS_Alpha17?

Only telephony?

well thats for sure but on A17 the speaker doesnt work even music . but it doesnt matter bec this are alpha releases and they are going great :)

Okay, I have a question. (Sorry for my English)

First, it seems to be smoother and faster.......but no. The hardwer acceleration maybe faster but the ICS Launcher is much slower (It's my opinion).

The transition is great.

When I check or uncheck a box, why i see a red frame??

Okay, I have a question. (Sorry for my English)

First, it seems to be smoother and faster.......but no. The hardwer acceleration maybe faster but the ICS Launcher is much slower (It's my opinion).

The transition is great.

When I check or uncheck a box, why i see a red frame??

everyone have that red frame but is nothing to worry about .yes maybe the launcher is slow but i dont wanna change it bec its cool :)

everyone have that red frame but is nothing to worry about .yes maybe the launcher is slow but i dont wanna change it bec its cool :)

Yeah, the launcher is pretty cool :). An another question (I'm a noob, I know :D): How do I access the SD card contents? I didn't find any working File Manager. Ehh ^^"

Yeah, the launcher is pretty cool :). An another question (I'm a noob, I know :D): How do I access the SD card contents? I didn't find any working File Manager. Ehh ^^"

with the rom you should install gapps also .when u get connected to internet then sign to ur google account and download any file manager :)

edit : what u mean u didnt found any file manager working? from market they should work .

Edited by jeddy1

with the rom you should install gapps also .when u get connected to internet then sign to ur google account and download any file manager :)

edit : what u mean u didnt found any file manager working? from market they should work .

Oh it's not funny ^^". When I want to download anything, it seems to me, It can't download XY. Okay, restart the phone, and that download automatically every app, wich I want to download ^^". F*ck :D

Oh it's not funny ^^". When I want to download anything, it seems to me, It can't download XY. Okay, restart the phone, and that download automatically every app, wich I want to download ^^". F*ck :D

just wait at the begin for a while

stop and start again once the downloading .for me its working !

Edited by jeddy1

Guest eddiebermuda

I've not seen this reported on either the Dev thread or this one...I have installed update 17 and the gapps fix file. Works great (with animations switched off) - very smooth and fast. I got into the market and got titanium installed but titanium now reports that the phone isn't rooted? Should I have expected that?

Guest liamdunn

I've not seen this reported on either the Dev thread or this one...I have installed update 17 and the gapps fix file. Works great (with animations switched off) - very smooth and fast. I got into the market and got titanium installed but titanium now reports that the phone isn't rooted? Should I have expected that?

Did you remember to flash superuser?

yes in the first post of this thread you will find superuser .just download it and flash it via cwm!

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Just to repeat what I said on the dev thread, some of the downloads on google code do not appear in the list by default. if you search "all downloads" for nothing, then you see all of them like this: http://code.google.com/p/ics4blade/downloads/list?can=1&q=&colspec=Filename+Summary+Uploaded+ReleaseDate+Size+DownloadCount

As you can see there are two version 17s. I tagged my alpha17 as depreciated because it didn't work very well (so don't bother trying it unless you are just curious).

Thank you that you did not post on the dev-thread, some guys really seam to be just to stupid. They are lucky I'm no moderator here.

However I'm moderator on Android-Hilfe.de, made the thread there that is mentioned on the dev-thread and in your post and can answer your questions.

While Alpha4 had a workaround for the timezone-bug that cause some handsets to reboot (depending on the network operator) Alpha5 has a real fix for the cause, so you can now set the right timezone on the settings or can get it from the network. Graphics are slightly better than Alpha4.

Remaining Problems with Alpha5:

-Camera

-Graphics (partly), some livewallpapers, youtube and maps won't work, some things are flipped upside down, gallery is fixed as opposed to alpha4

-SU is broken, Tom_G said because it's Android 4.0.3, some user on the german thread said he only needed to flash the right su.zip. (su was working on alpha4)

-default browser is broken, just doesn't load anything. Opera Mobile works for me. (default browser was working in alpha4)

-only single touch

Compared to the aosp-updates cm9 performs around the same, but some more things are fixed, like the sound routing works perfectly, calendar sync works and the SD is properly mounted to the pc over usb. However I'd still not recommend it for newbs or daily use.

Naturally CM9 also has some extra options added, reboot menu, screenshot functionality in the power-menu, extra options for the launcher ("Trebuchet").

A lot of thanks to the CM-crew and Tom_G!

Edit: And yeah, it's Gen2, and yeah, you will have problems to fit this and the GApps inside a 160MB partition. I'm on 210mb.

Also be warned that you may need to link the cache to /data.

Edited by FelixL

Tom_G is not discussing or really releasing it yet, Alpha5 reached me because he needed a tester because he never had a bootloop. After it worked I asked him if I can mirror and distribute it on the German forum, and he allowed. I don't think he wanted this out in the wild right now, but since you found your way to Germany... ;)

Guest Davidoff59

<p> just testing that rom now, its a nice job. will report back.

Any things specifically that people want testing?

It seems very smooth.

Not working so far.

Cam, says not installed.

I can view my SD card pics perfectly though.

Stock browser. Google maps is half working. It draws the map fine with gps off. When gps is switched on, it seems to cause problems. I managed to get a location accuracy to 600 metres, and then I switched on wifi to improve accuracy and the map wouldnt redraw after that. Switched off gps and wifi and location accurate to approx 20 metres or so and map redrew fine 

</p>

Edited by Davidoff59

Guest Simon O

TomG is developing CM9 himself in private but occasionally pops up on IRC and shares a build. Pretty sure once he has things working properly and the device config is stable he'll get it merged in officially.

@FelixL : thank you for your info and I wanna tell you I am also on 210 MB system. But what do you mean with this : Also be warned that you may need to link the cache to /data.??

Guest Davidoff59

For those trying it, if you want superuser to work, you need to download su binary v3.0.3.2 and flash it.

It can be downloaded from rom manager. Download su-binary 3.0.3.2 binary only, boot into cwm, and flash the zip.

Angrybirds works fine

Edited by Davidoff59