ICS AOSP user discussion

Guest the_crevis

Guest The_Duck

Hi All,

Been using CM7 for a while now and recently acquired a second Blade that I want to use to test ICS.

It is currently running Clockwork 3.0.2.7... is that high enough to flash any of the ICS alpha's ?

Duck

Guest jeddy1

No you don't sound negative at all. Its just hard to converse over forum, and some things can be taken in the wrong way when its not intended so I wanted to make sure you knew what I was saying.

I know you are working hard on this rom so didn't want any offense taken.

Where in Ireland are you from?. Donegal here

+1 for what u said

watch here http://android.modac...ost__p__1877822

what he said to me just bec he complained about some symbols of the rom and i just told to him in a good way and not bad that if he dont want then dont use it.

sorry about this off topic post

Edit :aa and he reported me also !!

Edited by jeddy1

Guest jurrasstoil

+1 for what u said

watch here http://android.modac...ost__p__1877822

what he said to me just bec he complained about some symbols of the rom and i just told to him in a good way and not bad that if he dont want then dont use it.

sorry about this off topic post

Edit :aa and he reported me also !!

ಠ_ಠ really? you have to take that here... really?

Guest the_crevis

Hi. Whats the change log for this alpha 20?

I think in alpha 19 it enabled multitouch.

Thanks

It has multitouch as alpha 19c had, but it also contains these minor changes:

- Includes superuser and busybox

- Animations disabled by default

Guest the_crevis

Updated first post (finally) :P with list of whats working/ what's not for the 7th of Jan. Please say if anything is incorrect or not included.

Thanks,

Ben.

Guest Davidoff59

the_crevis, can you also add that maps is working for some, not for others.

Also the red lines is a common question and its gone with Burstlam kernal.

Its also been noted that a reboot seems to help speed up the rom, after flashing the rom and letting it load fully.

Guest the_crevis

the_crevis, can you also add that maps is working for some, not for others.

Also the red lines is a common question and its gone with Burstlam kernal.

Its also been noted that a reboot seems to help speed up the rom, after flashing the rom and letting it load fully.

Thank you! Done, added to first post. :)

Guest targetbsp

I tried this rom for the first time last night. It's surprisingly fast! Impressive stuff.

The gallery app worked for me contrary to the first post.

Oddly, opposite to the first post, my audio seemed to work fine in apps but not for calls. :S

Guest targetbsp

RC4 is a CM9 version. Its thread is here: http://android.modac...-9-android-403/

IMO, these ICS's are amazing, far further along than I expected and usable as a daily rom. But just because they could be used daily, I'm not sure in general that they should be. This is more because CM7 is so damn good and fast and stable atm than anything especially wrong with these ICS roms.

They're great to play with for those interested in new things, which includes me, but for someone that just wants to use their phone, I'm not sure yet what they'd bring you to tempt you over from CM7. And at their current phase of development, I'm pretty sure they're not trying to do that.

With previous android versions, there's been a killer feature or two to tempt me in from day 1 no matter the bugs. Froyo with its apps2sd (and other stuff I can't now remember!), then cm7 with its faster apps, consistently working root and notification led's. I've not yet found the ICS feature that makes me want to put up with the rough edges of an early rom for day to day use. It's font is really, really nice though. :D

My feeling is that this one (AOSP alpha 20) has the performance edge over the current leak of CM9 Alpha 5 we have (and it's spin-off versions) but for some reason i can't hear anything in calls which rules it out as my daily rom. With the CM9 RC 4 you were after, i somehow managed to put the thing in a boot loop twice in 24 hours. It doesn't like part of how I set up my phone. Alpha 5 and this rom have been stable for me though.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest hedgepigdaniel

RC4 is a CM9 version. Its thread is here: http://android.modac...-9-android-403/

IMO, these ICS's are amazing, far further along than I expected and usable as a daily rom. But just because they could be used daily, I'm not sure in general that they should be. This is more because CM7 is so damn good and fast and stable atm than anything especially wrong with these ICS roms.

They're great to play with for those interested in new things, which includes me, but for someone that just wants to use their phone, I'm not sure yet what they'd bring you to tempt you over from CM7. And at their current phase of development, I'm pretty sure they're not trying to do that.

With previous android versions, there's been a killer feature or two to tempt me in from day 1 no matter the bugs. Froyo with its apps2sd (and other stuff I can't now remember!), then cm7 with its faster apps, consistently working root and notification led's. I've not yet found the ICS feature that makes me want to put up with the rough edges of an early rom for day to day use. It's font is really, really nice though. :D

My feeling is that this one (AOSP alpha 20) has the performance edge over the current leak of CM9 Alpha 5 we have (and it's spin-off versions) but for some reason i can't hear anything in calls which rules it out as my daily rom. With the CM9 RC 4 you were after, i somehow managed to put the thing in a boot loop twice in 24 hours. It doesn't like part of how I set up my phone. Alpha 5 and this rom have been stable for me though.

I guess many of the new features in ICS are not applicable to a phone as old as the blade anyway, and the extra polish doesn't really count until all the bugs and performance issues are fixed. I think the recent ics4blade builds seem faster because they have animations turned off (which are not working very well at all).

alpha 21: http://code.google.com/p/ics4blade/downloads/detail?name=ics4blade-alpha21.zip&can=2&q=#makechanges

among other things, this fixes in call audio (props to skywave for that).

Guest targetbsp

With the CM9 RC 4 you were after, i somehow managed to put the thing in a boot loop twice in 24 hours. It doesn't like part of how I set up my phone.

I've done it with this rom now. :( Something I do is not ICS friendly. :D I've not managed to work out what yet. And just before seeing I can have animations and transitions darnit lol.

Edited by targetbsp

Guest skywave

I guess many of the new features in ICS are not applicable to a phone as old as the blade anyway, and the extra polish doesn't really count until all the bugs and performance issues are fixed. I think the recent ics4blade builds seem faster because they have animations turned off (which are not working very well at all).

alpha 21: http://code.google.c...&q=#makechanges

among other things, this fixes in call audio (props to skywave for that).

Most performance gained was due to a different kernel (not the one from TomG's github) but from Burstlam.

There is a still a very very annoying bug with audio, it pretty much crashes the audiosystem after a call :(

Guest targetbsp

I've done it with this rom now. :( Something I do is not ICS friendly. :D I've not managed to work out what yet. And just before seeing I can have animations and transitions darnit lol.

I just managed to setup Alpha 5.2 (which I think is TOMG's kernel?) without issue. tried to set this up using identical steps and bootlooped it again. Twice for this rom and twice for CM9 RC4. Both using Burstlams kernel so something wrong in it I guess? At least from my point of view.

The alpha 5's have all been fine.

Guest jeddy1

Where did you get that from? Is it built from source or copied form another device?

From the Skate i guess

he is porting cm9 for skate

maybe u know it but i am just informing :D

edit: if u mean where he get it for the skate also then i dont know :D

Edited by jeddy1