[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest Titas

Just a quick question, can I install flash player using only my phone (sf2) and cwm, or do I need to use a PC? I've tried installing the zip from sd card like i did to flash the rom but it failed.

Don't use. CWM. Go to zip via a file manager on phone and long press should give you option to install. If zip is not from Play ensure Unknown Sources is ticked (Settings / Applications)

Edited by Titas

Guest app10336

with rls6 "com.android.providers.telephony" use cpu at «100%»

AppWidgetPicker-1.2.3.apk dropped from last release ?

Edited by app10336

Guest raverrr

with rls6 "com.android.providers.telephony" use cpu at «100%»

AppWidgetPicker-1.2.3.apk dropped from last release ?

can anyone else second this? and yer dropped it because it wasn't working as intended.

Guest Liamness

Give Handcent a go, heaps better than the standard messaging client. Set a new message, click an icon to the far right of To: and you`re in the contact list.

Googled, looks like a load of flashy nonsense. The default messaging app is fine, or at least it was. But thanks for the suggestion!

Guest JohnnyZTE

I was composing a text message, and noticed that in the 'to' bar, there was no button to search my contacts. I could only type in the number myself. I'm now selecting the contact first, and then sending them a message, but it's not ideal. Does anyone else have this issue? It makes no sense.

If you want to send your txt to "Joe"

don't put in a number but type J

It will list the numbers with J in your contacts for you.

Guest fredoche

can anyone else second this? and yer dropped it because it wasn't working as intended.

It's happened 2 times for me, one time on rls4, one time on rls 5 or 5.1 (don't remenber).

need reboot the phone to correct !

Guest darren watson53

Don't use. CWM. Go to zip via a file manager on phone and long press should give you option to install. If zip is not from Play ensure Unknown Sources is ticked (Settings / Applications)

Hmmm, thanks for the reply, I've used as

tro to get to the zip, seeing as the stock filer has very few options, and a long press only brings up an option to extract the file, not install it?

(edit. Never mind, I googled it and renamed the .zip to .apk and the job, as they say, was a good un.).....

..... Apart from everything I try to watch says I have the wrong flash player or need to upgrade, anyone know of Theres anything I need to be doing?

Edited by darren watson53

Guest Autrui

Ok, so, i tried RLS 6 , and it's a very good work.

But i have an issue, and it's annoying...

I explain :

I install the RLS 6 , it's fine. Then, i install A2SD. And then i'm partitionning the sd card with clockworkmod.

And after that, the Play Store doesn't work anymore "application not installed", and a2sd have disappear. It's a real trouble for me, 'cause i can't enlarge my internal memory anymore... If anyone could help me... Thanks a lot

Guest VivacityJohn

I'll have a look tommorow but Ithink i tried this already. If anyone wants to check, decompile the framework using apktool and look in res/values/bools.

this line:

<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool> 
should be like this :
<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">false</bool> 

If this isn't the case then i didnt do it lol

Well Im entering a secret world here :-)

I found the tool and apktool created the decoded directory ok. The line says the value is false, does that mean if I change it to true the animation will work?

Guest raverrr

Well Im entering a secret world here :-)

I found the tool and apktool created the decoded directory ok. The line says the value is false, does that mean if I change it to true the animation will work?

No :( putting it to false is supposed to. I changed it and ...well it isn't there lol.

Guest VivacityJohn

Fish'N'Chips RLS4 TMV version Why not?

Fish'N'Chips RLS6 TMV version with fuzzra kernel - apart from front facing camera upside down, why not?!

Guest irishpancake

Fish'N'Chips RLS6 TMV version with fuzzra kernel - apart from front facing camera upside down, why not?!

Just to be exactly correct...

There is no TMV specific F&C Rls6!!

You would be flashing the SF2 Rls6 ROM....

followed immediatly, without Boot by the fuzzra OC kernel!!

Edited by irishpancake

Guest irishpancake

yeah, I meant to say SFII version with Fuzzra which is what Im running.

OK thanx smile.gif

there is one, TMV, on it's way to me from Amazon.....

How do you find the ROM??

This is for my Missus, so no messin allowed!!

Is it usable as an everyday ROM, like are there any obvious drawbacks.....??

My last ZTE was OSF/Blade.....

I found it extremely versatile and easy to do most stuff on, and I had the F&C ROM on before I "donated" it to my son, last Christmas.

He still has it, with the ROM I flashed, and is extremely happy, so if this is in any way as good, I will be very happy.....

ohhh....and so will Mrs. Pancake biggrin.gif

Guest Oblitamatron

Just wondered where I can find different themes? love the love but not that keen on the pattern lock. Great work :D

Also I installed flash and iplayer but the playback is jerky and wondered if there's a away to make it smoother as it's not really watchable.

Edited by Oblitamatron

Guest raverrr

Just wondered where I can find different themes? love the love but not that keen on the pattern lock. Great work :D

Also I installed flash and iplayer but the playback is jerky and wondered if there's a away to make it smoother as it's not really watchable.

No themes available yet. For the i player go int settings and select the lover quality and should work fine.

Guest raverrr

OK thanx smile.gif

there is one, TMV, on it's way to me from Amazon.....

How do you find the ROM??

This is for my Missus, so no messin allowed!!

Is it usable as an everyday ROM, like are there any obvious drawbacks.....??

My last ZTE was OSF/Blade.....

I found it extremely versatile and easy to do most stuff on, and I had the F&C ROM on before I "donated" it to my son, last Christmas.

He still has it, with the ROM I flashed, and is extremely happy, so if this is in any way as good, I will be very happy.....

ohhh....and so will Mrs. Pancake biggrin.gif

The trick is to flash the SF2 version then the OC kernel by fuzzra before booting. i believe there is a problem with camera when you do this tho.

Guest Josef Prusa

The trick is to flash the SF2 version then the OC kernel by fuzzra before booting. i believe there is a problem with camera when you do this tho.

One Vivacity user here. No problem with the main camera on my TMV - the chat camera is mirrored, though.

Guest raverrr

One Vivacity user here. No problem with the main camera on my TMV - the chat camera is mirrored, though.

I knew there was something. cheers

Guest Reider59

Just a pity we cannot get a flipped Vivacity Kernel as well. We already have one for the SFII and that fixes the problem of the flipped cam. The original cam is OK with one version of flipped/unflipped and the LG Cam strangely needs the other version then it too is sorted. I`m not sure though if the problem on the SFII was just the front cam or both, but it does fix the problem so they both work. I`d like to at least see the Vivacity owners on an equal footing here with the cams so if anyone can look into it then it would be appreciated, by both Vivacity owners and SFII owners who like a little parity for all.

Guest seefman

I am running Fish and Chips 6 on my SF2. It is OC/UC @ 902/122 and I am using the bbc iplayer app / flash player 10.2 downloaded from this website. The setting in iplayer is on the lowest quality. All I get is the first few seconds of any program and then it cuts out back to the iplayer menu page.

Going to the iplayer website is even worse. iplayer works just fine on my pc and my wii in the same house. I have the same results wherever I go using wi-fi. This has been the case no matter what rom I have been using.

Am getting really pissed off now and am considering getting rid of my SF2 as I want to use iplayer! I cannot see that I am doing anything wrong.

Any ideas?

raverr?

Anyone?

Edited by seefman