[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest AmbushReality

Have you restored it with Titanium, you can restore Wi-Fi points.

Hmm didnt know you could do that. i only backed up user apps not System apps.

Guest raverrr

Thanks for your reply.

I will try to explain what did I say :

When I try a few things on Google (via the search bar of the browser by default) my search is well on the domain "Google.fr" but Google.fr page is completely in English and results too.

have you set the phone default language to french? Is there maybe a setting in the browser you are using?

Guest kiki67100

have you set the phone default language to french? Is there maybe a setting in the browser you are using?

The default language is french and I didn't modify the setting browser.

I currently use RL5.1 I have no problem with Google Search unlike version RLS6

Edited by kiki67100

Guest mooms

The default language is french and I didn't modify the setting browser.

I currently use RL5.1 I have no problem with Google Search unlike version RLS6

It's caused by the app "Google Black" (or "Noir Google" in French). Can be removed with Titanium Backup.

Guest kiki67100

It's caused by the app "Google Black" (or "Noir Google" in French). Can be removed with Titanium Backup.

I just reinstall RLS6 and I removed "Noir Google" with Titanium Backup and clean cache, clean cookie.

I set "Google" in browser's settings.

Google is yet is english, I checked my user agent language is ok "fr-fr"

How can I fix it ?

Guest kiki67100

I just reinstall RLS6 and I removed "Noir Google" with Titanium Backup and clean cache, clean cookie.

I set "Google" in browser's settings.

Google is yet is english, I checked my user agent language is ok "fr-fr"

How can I fix it ?

I see in /data/data/com.android.browser/shared_prefs/com.android.browser_preferences.xml

<string name="last_read_allow_geolocation_origins">http://www.google.co.uk http://www.google.com</string>

Maybe the problem is here ? When I try to edit this file automatically corrects it to "http://www.google.co.uk"

Guest irishpancake

I see in /data/data/com.android.browser/shared_prefs/com.android.browser_preferences.xml

<string name="last_read_allow_geolocation_origins">http://www.google.co.uk http://www.google.com</string>

Maybe the problem is here ? When I try to edit this file automatically corrects it to "http://www.google.co.uk"

Using default Android Browser:

SC20120421-170231.png

Tap Settings

SC20120421-165441.png

Settings Page....Above and Below

SC20120421-165456.png

Choose Language(s)

Guest kiki67100

Using default Android Browser:

SC20120421-170231.png

Tap Settings

SC20120421-165441.png

Settings Page....Above and Below

SC20120421-165456.png

Choose Language(s)

Thanks for you reply irishpancake,

I already knew that, when I set the parameters so Google is in French, but when I look in the address bar, Google is always in English.

I think the problem comes from "Engine search provider" there are something in parameter url say "force search in english" or something like that.

I look for the url and I see the "hl" parameters is wrong currently my hl parmeters is "hl=FR-fr" normaly it must be "hl=fr" when I set hl=fr Google is in french

Edited by kiki67100

Guest irishpancake

hey raverr. iknow i posted a while ago but i just wanted to say what an immense rom this is :'). been using RLS4 for Ages, but i tried RLS6 and the Wi-fi kept messsign up badly. my Mac Adress was saved but it wasnt showing ANY wifi routers whatsoever. Any ides on how to fix? Cheers.

-Ambush

Before you flashed RLS6, did you do all wipes in Recovery??

> Wipe data/ factory reset> Wipe cache partition

> Wipe dalvik cache (in advanved options)

I think it is recommended, then you can set up WiFi from start......

your MAC address should not change with ROM Flash....

are you using MAC filtering in your router?? If yes, you will have to set this up again!!

As for Titanium Bk-up, some ppl do not recommend restoring system data settings, or WiFi settings.

unless you are restoring exactly same ROM...it can cause problems....

on new ROM, which really F&C 6 is, don't restore system data settings....

your User Apps will show as Missings Apps....just restore Missing Apps with Data

However, if you have set your Settings/Privacy/ to Back up my data and Automatic restore, your Apps from Google Market/Play should restore when you log on to Google during set up on phone....eventually you should see them!!

Guest irishpancake

Thanks for you reply irishpancake,

I already knew that, when I set the parameters so Google is in French, but when I look in the address bar, Google is always in English.

I think the problem comes from "Engine search provider" there are something in parameter url say "force search in english" or something like that.

I look for the url and I see the "hl" parameters is wrong currently my hl parmeters is "hl=FR-fr" normaly it must be "hl=fr" when I set hl=fr Google is in french

When you say

when I look in the address bar

Are you talking about:

SC20120421-174241.png

Edited by irishpancake

Guest AmbushReality

Before you flashed RLS6, did you do all wipes in Recovery??

I think it is recommended, then you can set up WiFi from start......

your MAC address should not change with ROM Flash....

are you using MAC filtering in your router?? If yes, you will have to set this up again!!

As for Titanium Bk-up, some ppl do not recommend restoring system data settings, or WiFi settings.

unless you are restoring exactly same ROM...it can cause problems....

on new ROM, which really F&C 6 is, don't restore system data settings....

your User Apps will show as Missings Apps....just restore Missing Apps with Data

However, if you have set your Settings/Privacy/ to Back up my data and Automatic restore, your Apps from Google Market/Play should restore when you log on to Google during set up on phone....eventually you should see them!!

Thats a good point acctually. I should have realised that the time i flashed rls4 again it worked again because i didnt restore system data. Cheers may try rls6 again.

Guest irishpancake

Yeah is that

So, I set my Home page to www.google.fr in Browser.....

Menu/More/Settings/Set home page...

My Home Page in Browser below...sorry about screenshot quality!!!

shot_000004.png

shot_000007.png

Edited by irishpancake

Guest kiki67100

So, I set my Home page to www.google.fr in Browser.....

Menu/More/Settings....

My Home Page in Browser below...sorry about screenshot quality!!!

shot_000004.png

shot_000007.png

Isn't serious for screenshot quality.

I think I explained myself badly see this screenshot.

When I go to Google.fr it's ok->

screen201204211934.png

But when I search somethings from the adress bar Google is in English

screen201204211935.png

The problem is here :

screen201204211945.png

When I turn hl parameters to "FR" it's okay. How can I fix this parameters ?

Guest AmbushReality

Isn't serious for screenshot quality.

I think I explained myself badly see this screenshot.

When I go to Google.fr it's ok->

screen201204211934.png

But when I search somethings from the adress bar Google is in English

screen201204211935.png

The problem is here :

screen201204211945.png

When I turn hl parameters to "FR" it's okay. How can I fix this parameters ?

Sorry to nudge in but have you tried searching in french? Like the french for for test?

Guest irishpancake

I really don't know my friend [mon ami].....

I just have to change the Home Page in the default Browser to google.fr, and all the results show in French, see below:

shot_000008.png

Change back to google.ie, and get English results:

Irish%20google.png

I do nothing else, especially with system files???

Guest kiki67100

I really don't know my friend [mon ami].....

I just have to change the Home Page in the default Browser to google.fr, and all the results show in French, see below:

shot_000008.png

Change back to google.ie, and get English results:

Irish%20google.png

I do nothing else, especially with system files???

Yeah, when I go to "Google.fr" and I search from input search it'

s works.

But doesn't works from the adresse bar.

The problem come from the hl parameters of search engine provider ( Google ) when I settings my local language to "Français= FR" its works but when I reboot the local language switch to "fr_FR".

I changed my local language with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.easyjp.apps.localesetter&feature=search_result

How can I fix my "local language to FR" permanently ?

Guest irishpancake

s works.

The problem come from the hl parameters of search engine provider ( Google ) when I settings my local language to "Français= FR" its works but when I reboot the local language switch to "fr_FR".

I changed my local language with https://play.google....e=search_result

OK, I see.....

I should take more notice....the address bar searches.....

What do you see if you go in Browser to Menu/more/settings/set search engine

This is my result...these are all that can be selected for URL Address Bar searches:

Default.png

I think this is limited also by your IP, which wouild indicate your country is France, but it does not seem so........

cos my results to searches in URL bar are from google.com......or Black Google if that is chosen....

I did not try Bing....

but do you have a Yahoo option there, which should not be Uk & Ireland....just check and let us know.....

Thanks for a most interesting problem.....

I have been looking at XDA, and this has come up, there may be a cracked version of browser.apk!!!!

where you can select the search engine which suits your purposes!!!!

EDIT, just tried Bing there....and it allows you to set your location....perhaps there is a location setting for Google???

Edited by irishpancake

Guest mooms

s works.

I changed my local language with https://play.google....e=search_result

Allright, i can confirm i have the same issue here: if i use the adress page of the embedded browser results are in english.

I didn't notice it before cause i use Opera .

I think some changes had been made in RLS6 related to "Google Black", i think RLS5.1 does not have this issue.

@raverr: in rls7 (or 6.1) could you remove google black and restore the google search widget wich is missing in rls6 ?

Also, DSP manager does nothing on my phone, and some others french user reporting the same thing.

Edited by mooms

Guest kiki67100

I solved my problem.

It works on rls5 so I extract the "GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk" and "Browser.apk" from rls5's image,

I push both file into rls6 with command ( adb )

---

sysrw

adb push GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk /system/app

adb push Browser.apkSupprimmer /system/app

sync

sysro

I hosted files in my website :

http://kiki67100.fre...ckSearchBox.apk

http://kiki67100.fre...ead/Browser.apk

And its works ! ;)

Thanks for your reply !

Sorry for english's mistakes but I'm a french

There is exists a simply way to add search engine in Browser.apk without decompile apk and recompile Browser.apk ?

Edited by kiki67100

Guest raverrr

Allright, i can confirm i have the same issue here: if i use the adress page of the embedded browser results are in english.

I didn't notice it before cause i use Opera .

I think some changes had been made in RLS6 related to "Google Black", i think RLS5.1 does not have this issue.

@raverr: in rls7 (or 6.1) could you remove google black and restore the google search widget wich is missing in rls6 ?

Also, DSP manager does nothing on my phone, and some others french user reporting the same thing.

but i like google black :(

DSP manager should work just fine. in order to hear a clear difference though the handsets speaker set it to extreme. Fine tuning in DSP is

pointless unless you use good earphones or play it though a decent sound system. The crescents speaker isn't very good.

I'll have a think about google black.

Guest irishpancake

Hi lads....just a query regarding the memory, or lack of it, on the Crescent/TMV.....

There appears to be huge system partition on this ROM, and rather than mess around with TPT Partitioning I have used this Apps2ROM App

It worked out OK, moved loads of Apps into system, one problem App was Viber, which didn't like being moved at all.......

something happened, don't think it actually moved at all...

anyway, it's back as a user app on phone memory....

others which didn't like being moved were Stability Test and Screenshot......

both back on SD Card using Native Android GB App2SD.

I have filled the /system/apps now, to about 170MB out of 200MB leaving 29MB spare for bigger update files.

Anyone know of a key combo to do screen capture on TMV??

Like on my Samsung, Home/Power combo will give screen cap!! .png files in mnt/sdcard/ScreenCapture folder

Edited by irishpancake