[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

Reinstalled FNC. Flashed the ICS theme (few threads down) and it looks great apart from my device reboots whenever i try to install an app.

Any help?

Fixed it myself by reinstalling FNC then installing the theme later on.

Edited by CurtisAndroidSF2

Guest seefman

"Raverrr hasn't posted in a while, just be patient."

"You're just going to have to wait for him to get back, he might have something going on in his personal life, you have to respect that he is a normal guy and has a life outside of developing ROMs."

Reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated.....

:D

Edited by seefman

Guest raverrr

Hey guys. Like daz says I am still around. Just busy playing with my g300. My missus has inherited my crescent. I will do a final release off FNC. It's just a matter off time.

Peace :)

Guest plewis1981

just a quick question, in the op it says a2sd is supported so i was wondering if i have to flash the scripts as woth CM9 or are they alredy compiled with the rom?

Guest raverrr

just a quick question, in the op it says a2sd is supported so i was wondering if i have to flash the scripts as woth CM9 or are they alredy compiled with the rom?

script is already there, just Gota partition your SD card

Guest OuahOuah

Few questions : is this ROM ok for EAP-SIM connect ? My provider (Free) gives SIM with EAP-SIM capability so I can auto-identify on box fropm this provider...

Second : is this ROM have french keyboard ? :D

Guest KEZZY1965

ADB commands to remove Music2.apk & replace with Music.apk from FNC rls 6

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a newbie to all of this. Totally love Fish'n'Chips but the bluetooth in release 7 was an issue. Using T-mobile Vivacity (TMV).

As Raverrr says in post#1 here (for release 7), "Bluetooth may not work correctly for some users. Replacing the music app with the stock one in the ROM zip before re-flashing will fix this. Or you can push it with adb." I could not find a step by step guide on how to do this so I worked it out and posted the result here. Sorry if I have used some wrong terminology below but it worked for me. I am sure I will be corrected if I have made any errors :-)

Principle is to remove Music2.apk in FNC relase 7 and replace it with Music.apk from release 6. (RLS6 is from the first page on this thread)

I used the application adb to remove/install the files. (you can look up general adb instructions on youtube)

I think you can also replace Music2.apk it in the .zip before flashing but I could not get that working.

Would be nice to know how to do that if someone could tell me.

Installed adb (android debug bridge) from the 'preparation files' directory from

http://www.getandroi...acity-for-free/

I am sure you can grab adb from elsewhere but I trusted this source.

List of commands(in this order) / Explanation/ screen response (once adb installed on pc & you have command prompt up)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

adb devices this will confirm if adb is running correctly. Will show following if ok:

List of devices attached

P736V-FFR

adb remount gets the directory in correct condition for writing to. Will respond if OK with:

Remount successful

adb shell pm list packages -f Lists all apps (.apk's) you have installed on phone. Shows a big list, page though this.

Do this to confirm Music2.apk is there initially and gone after 'removal'

adb shell rm /system/app/Music2.apk The remove part. Be careful !

Please note: does not confirm when done. Just gives you a prompt.

adb shell pm list packages -f Lists the installed apk's again- Confirm Music2.apk has gone

adb push ./"Music.apk" /system/app Based on Music.apk being in the same directory as you are running

these adb commands from.

If done shows something like: 1235KBs (0 bytes in 869859.000s)

adb shell pm list packages -f Confirm Music.apk is installed !

Exit Type this to finish. All done. Bluetooth should now work.

Edited by KEZZY1965

Guest auronangel

Few questions : is this ROM ok for EAP-SIM connect ? My provider (Free) gives SIM with EAP-SIM capability so I can auto-identify on box fropm this provider...

Second : is this ROM have french keyboard ? :D

Hello, Free is my provider too, and i'm on Fish n chips.

I think this rom has EAP-SIM, but i can not promise you.

About the french language, there is no problem int this ROM. When i first installed it it automatically detected that my phone was french and set the language to french automatically ;)

Guest OuahOuah

Ok, I did it so here are some impressions :

this ROM is ok lol but got few questions :

- is it possible to change the "energy" icon in the notification ? "wifi, data, bt, gps" ? Because it lacks the "light icon" for me, like in the energy widget...

- where is the "weather and news" app from stock ROM ? Can't find it back on play store :(

Except for this, this ROM is a very good job :)

Guest Dazzozo

I think that app is just from AOSP and was never put on the store.

If you want it back you'll have to find it from another ROM and install it, probably.

Guest AmbushReality
i tryed taking camera apk from stock rom of vivacity and added it to the rls7 fish and still have upside front camera
You need the flipped kernel from a Pinned post

Guest OuahOuah

I think that app is just from AOSP and was never put on the store.

If you want it back you'll have to find it from another ROM and install it, probably.

Git it : Genie APK :)

Thanks a lot :)

By the way, can I also install APK that comes with .ODEX ?

Guest azimx

hi, have installed the f&c rom, is fantastic on my daughters tmv, the only problem is the camera is upside down, and she iscomplaining the preview quality is a lot worse than before, she isnt really bothered about theupside down front camera buit more the preview quality, has any one lese had this? to be honest i hadnt seen the original preview quality so cant say. has any one else had this issue?

secondly live wallpapers is missing from thisrom, how do i re-install this?

have tried copying the "livewallpaper.apk" file from original rom and try to install from sd card, goes through the process of installing but keeps saying app not installed, any help appreciated.

thanks

Guest AmbushReality
hi, have installed the f&c rom, is fantastic on my daughters tmv, the only problem is the camera is upside down, and she iscomplaining the preview quality is a lot worse than before, she isnt really bothered about theupside down front camera buit more the preview quality, has any one lese had this? to be honest i hadnt seen the original preview quality so cant say. has any one else had this issue?

secondly live wallpapers is missing from thisrom, how do i re-install this?

have tried copying the "livewallpaper.apk" file from original rom and try to install from sd card, goes through the process of installing but keeps saying app not installed, any help appreciated.

thanks

If you want the wallpapers, you need to adb push livewallpapers.apk /system/app. Edited by AmbushReality

Guest azimx

WOW That was fast!!! thanks

have installed the camera.apk file from the below post, camera is no longer upside down..woohoo didnt need to install the flipped kernel.

I think the vivacity's camera could be solved if you change the camera.apk instead of the one in the ROM. we all know the ROM is based on Skate, the cameras are not the same. so put the camera.apk into the system/app before you flash, or you can use a file manager(ie. RE manager) to put it into /system/app. and be sure you have changed the permission before you change it.

you can see my camera is normal now.

post-973697-0-44025400-1334320703_thumb.

here's the file

http://www.mediafire...k66f7jdvj6putkg

and I forget to say that it could fix the front camera to avoid upsidedown. the back camera of vivacity is fine.

I don't know whether you could understand my words..

Guest Dazzozo

Git it : Genie APK :)

Thanks a lot :)

By the way, can I also install APK that comes with .ODEX ?

Should be able to, providing you put both the apk and odex on the device. Depends how different the ROM is.

Otherwise you can deodex it and use that instead.

Guest OuahOuah

Should be able to, providing you put both the apk and odex on the device. Depends how different the ROM is.

Otherwise you can deodex it and use that instead.

So what's the process ?

I want to add livewallpaper from stock ROM, grab the .APK+.ODEX.

Should I install the APK like a normal app or should I put both files in /sestem/app with root explorer ?

I'm a little bit confused !

Guest cartoone

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the ROM.

Few queries from me..

1. I had a problem with BBC Iplayer (which was linked in first post). I installed it and worked fine initially. It asked me for upgrade always.

If I press cancel , it closes off along with the app..

If i press Upgrade, its not able to find from Google Play. (sometimes I even get: The application BBC iPlayer has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again)

Any updated version of iplayer available?

2. How to turn on the lights for the "menu", "back" buttons? Its always dark and very hard for me to press it in dark.

3. How to change the font? (If i want to use Roboto as default font how can it be done?)

4. Is it possible to show left-to-right drag in the menu? (like iPhone) instead of top-to-down drag?

thanks in advance

Edited by cartoone