[ROM] <<< Fish'N'Chips 7 >>> [2.3.5]

Guest raverrr

Guest azimx

Try the latter, if it doesn't work you'll need to find a deodexed version (just an apk) or make it yourself.

i just installed the livewallpaper.apk and livewallpaperpreview,apk (i think that is wat the second one was called not sure/), using adb push, works fine.

Guest OuahOuah

And what did you do with the .ODEX files ?

What is this "adb push method" ?

Is it different than using root explorer to copy files in "/system/app" directory ?

Sorry, I'm a little bit noob on this...

Guest KEZZY1965

Hi Guys,

Still love the FnC on my TMV (Tmobile vivacity) but need to revert to stock kernel and ROM to unlock phone (then back to FnC afterwards).

I am having trouble finding a download that still works. Could anyone point me to one please.

Also I would like to clarify if a stock ROM includes the kernel.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by KEZZY1965

Guest Moose2000

Dropped from CM9 back to FnC using HoloLauncher for the ICS look. Does anyone know of an app that allows you to have an email widget on GB?

The only thing I miss from the CM9 was the ability to scroll through emails on homescreen

Guest Petesky

Still cant get Bluetooth to work , tried the music.apk from a couple of those roms but it didnt work ,there was also odex files in there so I moved them as well , still no go ,

I didnt push them using ADB (never done that before ) I used root explorer and changed permissions before moving but still cant get Bluetooth to work ,

can anyone who's managed to get Bluetooth working let me know where the got the music.apk from,

and was it ok to use root explorer

Guest Rinnegan

Still cant get Bluetooth to work , tried the music.apk from a couple of those roms but it didnt work ,there was also odex files in there so I moved them as well , still no go ,

I didnt push them using ADB (never done that before ) I used root explorer and changed permissions before moving but still cant get Bluetooth to work ,

can anyone who's managed to get Bluetooth working let me know where the got the music.apk from,

and was it ok to use root explorer

You need both the files, the .apk and the .odex then you need to deodex them with a tool, which when finished will give you a single apk which will work....... Or take it from this build here

Guest Petesky

You need both the files, the .apk and the .odex then you need to deodex them with a tool, which when finished will give you a single apk which will work....... Or take it from this build here

Thanks for the help , I'll give it a go when I get a chance its my mates phone

Guest seefman

When would the testing complete for RLS8 ??

Any tentative dates for release of RLS8 ?

Seems like Raverrr is pursuing other interests and/or

lost interest in F&C....

Guest Bob Mann

just wanted to add my thanks to the crew who put together the FNC rom.

I got a white TMV from my local tmobile store (for £39.99 :)) on friday and have unlocked and flashed a custom rom, awesome, just awesome :)

Thanks again guys.

Guest Petesky

All good now , Music apk from that rom worked well ,cheers

Guest Rinnegan

All good now , Music apk from that rom worked well ,cheers

Good to hear i much prefer music 1 vs 2. Edited by Rinnegan

Guest Timmy123

Hi guys, i was just thinking about the CM9 and CM7 for the san-fran and iv read the entire forum on each but i just cant tell which is better. some say the cm7 has better battery than cm9 but it seems like speculation. then again, the CM9 offers more customisation however compared to fnc7, it seems unstable as not even the camcorder works correctly, (requires a special player).

so basically, what im asking is, do you know any reasons why or if i should change from the fnc7 to CM7 / CM9?

anyone experienced either?

in any case your thoughts would be appreciated :)

Guest CurtisAndroidSF2

FNC is great in terms of everything working but limited in terms of customization although somebody did recently post an ICS theme fro FNC- I'm currently using it and it's great.

CM7/CM9 are also great and Cyanogenmod are great but unfortunately not everything works for the Crescent so if you can live without the front camera then go for it. Hardware decoding won't work ever by the looks of it but using MXPlayer allows you to view the videos you record on CM9 so it's really up to you. Just flash and 3 and mess around with them and see what you prefer, it's personal preference really. I'd say give each one a 3 day trial, then back-up at the end of the trial and restore your favourite one at the end of the week.

Guest ace9094

Hi Folks...

Upgraded from OSF to the OSF2... unlocked, installed CWM and Fish N Chips fine, but now Word Completion (predictive text) does not work... it can see names in my address book fine. I have searched the forum (and google) but cannot find the resolve.

I have tried the following to fix the issue.

Checked the Langudge and keyboad settings

removed and reinstalled 2.3.5 message client "com.messaging.apk"

reinstalled Debranded rom (Just to see if it is the image, still the same)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Guest Rinnegan

Hi Folks...

Upgraded from OSF to the OSF2... unlocked, installed CWM and Fish N Chips fine, but now Word Completion (predictive text) does not work... it can see names in my address book fine. I have searched the forum (and google) but cannot find the resolve.

I have tried the following to fix the issue.

Checked the Langudge and keyboad settings

removed and reinstalled 2.3.5 message client "com.messaging.apk"

reinstalled Debranded rom (Just to see if it is the image, still the same)

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

The stock gingerbread keyboard has predictive text disabled, you can use another keyboard.... I put the xt9 back to do this you need the APK, XT9 libs and the xt9 folder for the usr file.

Guest ace9094

The stock gingerbread keyboard has predictive text disabled, you can use another keyboard.... I put the xt9 back to do this you need the APK, XT9 libs and the xt9 folder for the usr file.

Thanks for the quick reply Rinnegan...

Is there a "Pack with Guide" I can download from somewhere? If so can you PM me the info please or drop a hint ;)

thanks

Guest Rinnegan

Thanks for the quick reply Rinnegan...

Is there a "Pack with Guide" I can download from somewhere? If so can you PM me the info please or drop a hint ;)

thanks

I will pm you a guide.