Powerpoint and Journal-like applications for presentations?

Guest Dr Who

I am not really on top of all this Android tablet stuff, but I have used a tablet for years (XP, Vista then Win7) and I use Powerpoint and Windows Journal for presentations/demos. Is it possible to connect the Prime to a projector and display Powerpoint presentations, preferably with the ability to ink on them and to play multimedia, and is there a Journal-like inking application? Wondering whether I could migrate to an Android ecosystem?

Guest Liamness

I just tested out Polaris office (which comes with the device) and it seems there are many formatting issues when opening some slides. I am a trainee teacher, and I was rather hoping to use this device to create presentations for use in lessons, but this does not look practical given the software provided. It does not allow annotations either, and the 'full screen' presentation mode still has the notification bar showing at the bottom. I may have to try out quickoffice instead, but it doesn't look like they have a ICS version yet.

Thanks Liamness, I appreciate your answer. Rather as I feared, the use of devices like this in the educational sector seems so obvious but so far I haven't seen any persuasive evidence that any tablet manufacturer has considered this? Maybe someone can set me straight?

• 2 months later...
Guest mikeyxb

I am not really on top of all this Android tablet stuff, but I have used a tablet for years (XP, Vista then Win7) and I use Powerpoint and Windows Journal for presentations/demos. Is it possible to connect the Prime to a projector and display Powerpoint presentations, preferably with the ability to ink on them and to play multimedia, and is there a Journal-like inking application? Wondering whether I could migrate to an Android ecosystem?

since android is linux based and it is very possible to port basic u ubuntu onto the prime maybe you could do that theres plenty of software on ubuntu for your needs? maybe get a dual boot, still looking into that myself at the minute