[29-04] [ROM] AOKP - Endeavor Unleashed | Users Choice

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest sumeshd
Have fun reporting me ;) Hope it feels good.. But it's a shame not to release sources.. you're blocking the whole community with your egoism.

Hand on a minute gents, before this gets out of hand, aokp falls under the Apache Software License. And that license allows you to change the licensing terms. Read the license & understand it.

Kernels fall under GPL and that you cannot change.

Is it morally right? No. Is it legal? Yes.

Edited by sumeshd

Guest ModacoLoginIstDoof

Hmm... why are you angry that quick? It was just a little conversation with two diffrent sights, that what bullet boards are made for... discussions about stuff...

makes him not that sympathetic to me...

Guest sumeshd
Hmm... why are you angry that quick? It was just a little conversation with two diffrent sights, that what bullet boards are made for... discussions about stuff...

makes him not that sympathetic to me...

Ya but arguing wid a dev and telling him of legality then anyone will be pissed off..

If u want to make a Rom go and compile it urself..asking for sources here and getting all d credits posting in another community is against moral of anyone..

Guest ModacoLoginIstDoof

Hey!

I love Android because of Open Source, I want to compile the ROM on my Phone myself because isn't that cool?

Sayin "Hey the Software on my Phone... I compiled it myself!" That is no Criminal, thats what many people do with their Linux PC :)

I compiled a Rom for my Motorola Defy, it is just awesome :)

Guest SkUk21

Those attacking TripNRaVeR put a sock in it. he has done an awesome job, I dont care if he shares his code or not. that up to him

Guest deadsmile

A little back to topic...

First of all : Thank you so much Trip, been dying for this since I bought my One X ;)

It's a shame XDA hasn't even apologized... thought they were better than that...

Here to my question(s) :

Is it possible for you to apply the fixes you added on CM9 version to AOKP version ? Or, can you or someone explain me what CM9 has what AOKP hasn't, as I didn't really try CM9 before, but loved AOKP all the way.

(ps: just saw you didn't update you CM9 OP, so people might think camera is still not working ;) )

Thanks again for the amazing and fast work :)

Guest TripNRaVeR

XDA is all about power and personal likings they only pretend to be a developer community, its just as closed as my source lol when the clown there doesnt like youre avatar for example he will just as easy kick you out. So its no community back there.

Lets get back to things that are important, thanks for notifying me i updated the OP in the CM9

I will fix this rom up soon

Guest sumeshd
XDA is all about power and personal likings they only pretend to be a developer community, its just as closed as my source lol when the clown there doesnt like youre avatar for example he will just as easy kick you out. So its no community back there.

Lets get back to things that are important, thanks for notifying me i updated the OP in the CM9

I will fix this rom up soon

Will you update TripNDroid OS today or tomorrow when 1.29 ruu will be available..;)

I miss the customized lock screen options..:(

Guest deadsmile

Could someone explain me the (real) difference between CM9 and AOKP ?

I thought AOKP took off CM9 optimisations and tweaks and just added some other ones and visual enhancements, so theoretically AOKP has more to offer ?!

I just want to have the most advanced out there ;)

Guest elroy944
Could someone explain me the (real) difference between CM9 and AOKP ?

I thought AOKP took off CM9 optimisations and tweaks and just added some other ones and visual enhancements, so theoretically AOKP has more to offer ?!

I just want to have the most advanced out there ;)

Most advanced is tripndroid rom :)

Guest deadsmile

Most advanced is tripndroid rom :)

I know... but somehow for the whole support thing I prefer a ROM based on a more wide-spread distribution (nothing against tripndroid OS or Trip at all, but this is also a long term point of view, if i change my device, I'd prefer to find the same fetures on my new phone, and there are more chances with CM9 or AOKP)

Guest TripNRaVeR

I know... but somehow for the whole support thing I prefer a ROM based on a more wide-spread distribution (nothing against tripndroid OS or Trip at all, but this is also a long term point of view, if i change my device, I'd prefer to find the same fetures on my new phone, and there are more chances with CM9 or AOKP)

Well you never know how big TripNDroid Mobile Eng. will going to be..

Guest deadsmile

Well you never know how big TripNDroid Mobile Eng. will going to be..

With all the good feedback i hear about it... I hope it's gonna be overwhelming :P

It's just about the range of phones which will be getting it... even if I'm not that proud about it, the fact that it will probably never hit XDA (shame on that) will probablymake it more difficult to become a well known multi-device rom as CM9/AOKP/MIUI

Guest sumeshd

With all the good feedback i hear about it... I hope it's gonna be overwhelming :P

It's just about the range of phones which will be getting it... even if I'm not that proud about it, the fact that it will probably never hit XDA (shame on that) will probablymake it more difficult to become a well known multi-device rom as CM9/AOKP/MIUI

Its more then well known ri8 NW..every gadget and android sites out there eg. Engadget,android central, android police etc have it in top news..:D

Guest deadsmile

Its more then well known ri8 NW..every gadget and android sites out there eg. Engadget,android central, android police etc have it in top news.. :D

Permit me to correct you :)

Trip is all around the net with his achievment of getting CM9 to One X (and this is a deserved one),

but curiously enough no word about AOKP or a "hey, take a look at his own project, TripnDroid OS"

Guest sumeshd

Permit me to correct you :)

Trip is all around the net with his achievment of getting CM9 to One X (and this is a deserved one),

but curiously enough no word about AOKP or a "hey, take a look at his own project, TripnDroid OS"

Everyone from anywhere whether it be sites or xda htconex general thread are redirected to modaco site..not that anywhere there is a direct download link..so people once coming here see all the three rooms and choose wats best for them..ri8 NW only cm9 is complete so people r prefering it..2ni8 the data problem will be solved and all three rooms will be updated and perfect..so then people coming to modaco htconex dev section have 3 choices according to their preference..so all roms are equally used if u see tat way..

Guest deadsmile

Everyone from anywhere whether it be sites or xda htconex general thread are redirected to modaco site..not that anywhere there is a direct download link..so people once coming here see all the three rooms and choose wats best for them..ri8 NW only cm9 is complete so people r prefering it..2ni8 the data problem will be solved and all three rooms will be updated and perfect..so then people coming to modaco htconex dev section have 3 choices according to their preference..so all roms are equally used if u see tat way..

From where do you know that the 3 roms will be "finished" tonight ?

I'm just saying that IMO, TripnDroid OS should have most views as it seems to be a step further than the rest, but it has way less "views" and comments than CM) and even AOKP, all this because CM is now known for years (even if I never really found it that great, excepted for the wide range of phones supported and the uniformisation of quality on the different phones) and AOKP has gotten a great uprising.

But still TnD OS (if I'm permitted to call it this way ^^) doesn't seem to get the deserved attention

Edited by deadsmile

Guest TripNRaVeR

I'm just saying that IMO, TripnDroid OS should have most views as it seems to be a step further than the rest, but it has way less "views" and comments than CM) and even AOKP, all this because CM is now known for years (even if I never really found it that great, excepted for the wide range of phones supported and the uniformisation of quality on the different phones) and AOKP has gotten a great uprising.

But still TnD OS (if I'm permitted to call it this way ^^) doesn't seem to get the deserved attention

http://android.modaco.com/topic/351960-rom-23-04-tripndroid-operating-system-beta-stage-11932404bu/

Its also on RootzWiki for Pyramid and Shooter devices

The problem is, yes its my own fault, i'm the only maintainer and i could compile it for pretty much any device but dont feel like doing that lol

Guest sumeshd

Well that's because cm9 is complete ri8 NW..

And also people are redirected directly to d thread from various sites..

So imo views should be less priority than downloads..and I m sure 1nce tnd is complete it wl hv most downloads..

Guest sumeshd

http://android.modaco.com/topic/351960-rom-23-04-tripndroid-operating-system-beta-stage-11932404bu/

The problem is, yes its my own fault, i'm the only maintainer and i could compile it for pretty much any device but dont feel like doing that lol

Yup and even cm9 is on rootzwiki afaik..

But trip I think u should only focus and post here on madoco coz maintaining all three roms is a headache..no way u could maintain them on both sites..it will like ninja works..:P

Guest deadsmile

http://android.modac...age-11932404bu/

Would it be possible to release the code of TnD OS but without the device trees ? (like the CM9 code)

This way, you could make it a sort of CM9 super mod which people could port to their phones etc... I think this would get lot of attention if well orchestrated :P

I have no idea on how to code or compile a rom so don't blame me if I say something stupid ^^

Guest sumeshd

Would it be possible to release the code of TnD OS but without the device trees ? (like the CM9 code)

This way, you could make it a sort of CM9 super mod which people could port to their phones etc... I think this would get lot of attention if well orchestrated :P

I have no idea on how to code or compile a rom so don't blame me if I say something stupid ^^

Well..not interested in that much attention..this much attention is enough..

And this is for people, users and trip fans out there not for devs..:)

Guest deadsmile

My point was to find a way for Trip to have more time for his OS, letting other ones just compiling it for other devices and updating the work. This way more people could taste the goodness.

A way would be to propose the code a closed way to devs wanting to port it to their phones, but under the condition to not make it available. This would be like the coca cola receipt ^^ some people have the source to make it taste good in every factory, and everybody can taste it, but nobody without the explicit permission can replicate it ^^

Guest sumeshd
My point was to find a way for Trip to have more time for his OS, letting other ones just compiling it for other devices and updating the work. This way more people could taste the goodness.

A way would be to propose the code a closed way to devs wanting to port it to their phones, but under the condition to not make it available. This would be like the coca cola receipt ^^ some people have the source to make it taste good in every factory, and everybody can taste it, but nobody without the explicit permission can replicate it ^^

There will eventually be device tree when official cm9 will start to develop and then every dev would hv source but until then its trip's rom or nothing..coz of historical problems.:P

Guest deadsmile

There will eventually be device tree when official cm9 will start to develop and then every dev would hv source but until then its trip's rom or nothing..coz of historical problems. :P

I've seen this ^^

What i meant was not to have Roms for the One X, but having TnD OS on other devices as well. There must be a way to get this done without Trip releasing his sources to everyone (thing which I understand, even if I find it a little sad for the community Internet should be... but you can't be the evrytime giver when nobody is giving to you or not respecting you...)