[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest dibbles

Is there anything that needs to be done to continue the ROM's development though...?

At version 2.2 it simply works and does that very well without being slow. Regardless of trying out other ROM's I seem to keep coming back to this one for an excellent overall experience with everything working.

H3 Blues may receive minor updates for applications, but feature wise it's complete and I've not found anything that needs fixing.

I'm still working on the JB/ICS ROM. I've been busy for a while so it's been on hold, but I promise it will see the light of day. I'm not entirely sure when that'll be, but I'll try to get back to work on it this Sunday :)

Dear H3ROS,

I have just come back to this forum after having used the BlueMonte ROM from way back when ZTE Skate saw the light of day in the UK in the form of Orange Monte Carlo.

In the past week I have been looking around the forum to see if there is something better or simply newer that I could put on my phone. I tried ColdFusionX 3, and checked out ParanoidJelly2 as those were the ones sticking out as still in development. What I was looking for was performance and a bit of change from the near-stock BlueMonte. Those two definitely had some changes (they were obviously based on a newer version of Android), but came at a price as the performance was lower than I was used to.

I finally decided to try your ROM and I'd like to congratulate you on the excellent job in packaging and optimizing it. I just wanted to thank you and let you know that I (and the others who have tried it) appreciate your effort. I look forward to further iterations of this and future ROMs.

Tefaz

Guest omegavesko

Dear H3ROS,

I have just come back to this forum after having used the BlueMonte ROM from way back when ZTE Skate saw the light of day in the UK in the form of Orange Monte Carlo.

In the past week I have been looking around the forum to see if there is something better or simply newer that I could put on my phone. I tried ColdFusionX 3, and checked out ParanoidJelly2 as those were the ones sticking out as still in development. What I was looking for was performance and a bit of change from the near-stock BlueMonte. Those two definitely had some changes (they were obviously based on a newer version of Android), but came at a price as the performance was lower than I was used to.

I finally decided to try your ROM and I'd like to congratulate you on the excellent job in packaging and optimizing it. I just wanted to thank you and let you know that I (and the others who have tried it) appreciate your effort. I look forward to further iterations of this and future ROMs.

Tefaz

Huh. This ROM actually had better performance for you? Performance is much better in 4.0+ ROMs for me. Strange.

Still, glad to see someone's happy with it. :)

@ Tefaz

@ omegavesko

It's true that 4.0+ ROM's are smoother than Gingerbread, but Gingerbread should still be a lot more stable. Gingerbread is also better for gaming and it'll have smoother video playback and a fully working camera, so it comes down to how the user uses their device. I mean just think about it. Gingerbread has no hacked libs and more memory so of course it'll perform better at specific tasks, but ICS/JB ROM's will have the smoother UI.

Having said the above it's been a while since I've bothered with any 4.0+ ROM's. I'm still waiting for one for the Skate that has everything working. The Blades almost there and they may even get a working radio soon.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest WiiSky70

@ Tefaz

@ omegavesko

It's true that 4.0+ ROM's are smoother than Gingerbread, but Gingerbread should still be a lot more stable. Gingerbread is also better for gaming and it'll have smoother video playback and a fully working camera, so it comes down to how the user uses their device. I mean just think about it. Gingerbread has no hacked libs and more memory so of course it'll perform better at specific tasks, but ICS/JB ROM's will have the smoother UI.

Having said the above it's been a while since I've bothered with any 4.0+ ROM's. I'm still waiting for one for the Skate that has everything working. The Blades almost there and they may even get a working radio soon.

That's why i still trust on Gingerbread ROM's they are more stable , can be fully modded (Like yours) , have more memory and the performance of them won't let me down.

Interesting fact : I keep more time Gingerbread ROM's on my device than actually ICS or JB

Guest omegavesko

That's why i still trust on Gingerbread ROM's they are more stable , can be fully modded (Like yours) , have more memory and the performance of them won't let me down.

Interesting fact : I keep more time Gingerbread ROM's on my device than actually ICS or JB

What do you mean by "can be fully modded"? People do crazy things with 4.0+ ROMs all the time.

That makes me wonder what is the reason of your concerns to release full rom builds rather than small hotfixes :)

But, um, whatever...

Guest emilpoul

I totally agree that best GB roms is heros,really, and after follow mokke os 1.10 ceco.

I agree that wd have to hope till someone hack camera and radio lids, GB will be the only full functional roms, but trust me, i am using cecos PJ1 (4.1.2) , it clocked in InteractiveX from 122 -921,and i can say, that nothing tl now wasn't more nice smooth stable than this, till now.

its wrong that ceco stop to develop PJ1.

Anyway,i hope someone strong bev soon to fix the lida for flash and radio.

Guest omegavesko
I totally agree that best GB roms is heros,really, and after follow mokke os 1.10 ceco.

I agree that wd have to hope till someone hack camera and radio lids, GB will be the only full functional roms, but trust me, i am using cecos PJ1 (4.1.2) , it clocked in InteractiveX from 122 -921,and i can say, that nothing tl now wasn't more nice smooth stable than this, till now.

its wrong that ceco stop to develop PJ1.

Anyway,i hope someone strong bev soon to fix the lida for flash and radio.

You really should check out RootBox. It's even smoother than PJ1, crazy smooth.

Guest emilpoul

Yes but what about blue tooth,here works excellent . And all my apps that been reinstall here.again the same ,noooo,its getting unpleasant. This is so simple and nice and beauty, make my skate champion again. I will go for sure in 4.2.2 when everything works, except flash and fm, which for these always i will blame aliens :D :D

Guest omegavesko

Yes but what about blue tooth,here works excellent . And all my apps that been reinstall here.again the same ,noooo,its getting unpleasant. This is so simple and nice and beauty, make my skate champion again. I will go for sure in 4.2.2 when everything works, except flash and fm, which for these always i will blame aliens :D :D

I'm pretty sure Bluetooth works, it just won't turn off properly. Haven't really tried it out yet.

You could always back your apps up with Titanium Backup or something. :P

Guest emilpoul

If i am not calm,i mean to not have any that should do, then i am the most most most guffy man on this planet, so tjis moment, daily i am satisfied cause of ceco. I really do all my things much better . When they will make it 100 stable then 100% i will find time ro take the taste :D :D

By the way,my woman i don't know from where she discover Ubuntu, and know want to apply to her :D :D :D

I guess Ubuntu is like vivaz u5i for women

H3ros great rom btw. I would like to know how u change your own avatar in messages. Ty for the support

It's weird to do. You need to add yourself as a contact if your network doesn't already do that and then set your picture from the contacts menu. The other option is to add an email to one of your contacts and then from the messaging settings to go "Set my avatar" and input the email address. You'll then use the picture given to that contact.

If you add your own number you need to use the country code, so UK would be +44 instead of 07.

Guest warimation

It's weird to do. You need to add yourself as a contact if your network doesn't already do that and then set your picture from the contacts menu. The other option is to add an email to one of your contacts and then from the messaging settings to go "Set my avatar" and input the email address. You'll then use the picture given to that contact.

If you add your own number you need to use the country code, so UK would be +44 instead of 07.

Ty for your help. Did 1st option and worked.. Now my Phone is perfect (until I get bored) :D great rom, ty h3ros.

Edited by warimation

Good morning. I have a little question. At bootup i have a Zte skate logo splash screen then a green android robot logo and then the animation. Is it possible to get rid of the green andoid logo, and just have Zte skate splash and the animation. Thanks

Guest omegavesko

Good morning. I have a little question. At bootup i have a Zte skate logo splash screen then a green android robot logo and then the animation. Is it possible to get rid of the green andoid logo, and just have Zte skate splash and the animation. Thanks

Assuming you know how to use fastboot:

fastboot erase splash1

fastboot reboot

Assuming you know how to use fastboot:

fastboot erase splash1

fastboot reboot

Hi and thanks for the answer. No i havent used fastboot before. Is there a guide on how to use it. Thanks

EDIT: I managed to get into fastboot but it fails to find the file

Edited by Gagas1

Guest King Mustard

Hi, Is it discontinued?

"H3 Blues may receive minor updates for applications, but feature wise it's complete and I've not found anything that needs fixing.

I'm still working on the JB/ICS ROM. I've been busy for a while so it's been on hold, but I promise it will see the light of day. I'm not entirely sure when that'll be, but I'll try to get back to work on it this Sunday."

Guest H3ROS

And I have been working on it a little. It's just that I've been ill recently and spending time with my girlfriend so it's been difficult to get everything how I'd like it before release. It's also so tedious having to edit the files, test and repeat. It can take hours sometimes to get something just right.

Personally I'm looking at the CM10 threads now that them ROM's have a working FM radio. It's a shame about the camera flash though. I'm sure one of the ZTE Blade devs could get it working, but they won't bother since their device doesn't need it.