[ROM][ZTE Skate - Android 2.3.5] H3 Blues (Official Dolby Audio)

Guest H3ROS

Guest tillaz

@ tillaz

It requires a different music.apk entirely as it's not dealt with simply by XML files. It'd be much easier if it was, but it's not.

I won't argue about things because it's wasting my energy when people keep moving the goalposts. But no, I don't aim anything at AtomicMod, you simply think I am so take it personally. And you're wrong about the 2D settings because it's scoring 270+ for me and others can reproduce it, that I promise.

that's the only reason why Dolby profiles force closes in logcmod witch uses the stock orange music.apk... its missing the code from androidmanifest.xml

this

<activity android:label="@string/mediapickerlabel" android:name="com.android.music.MediaPickerActivity" android:exported="false" />
<activity android:label="@string/dolby_sound_setting" android:name="DolbySoundSetting" />
<activity android:label="@string/dolby_Parameter_setting" android:name="DolbyParameterSetting" />
<activity android:label="@string/dolby_rename" android:name="DolbyRename" />
<activity android:label="@string/dolby_video_settings" android:name="DolbyVideoSettings">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
</intent-filter>
</activity>
<activity android:label="@string/dolby_vodie_mode_switch" android:name="DolbyVideoModeSwitch">
<intent-filter>
<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />
<category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT" />
</intent-filter>
</activity>
[/CODE]

Guest H3ROS

I didn't use any of LogicMod when porting Dolby so I wouldn't know. I just remembered that the Orange ROM had more Dolby options so I deodexed it, found out it's DRM requirements and got it all working. And then for the first version of this ROM I had Dolby audio without any DRM, but found a bug and I need to spend some time digging through that.

Guest tillaz

I didn't use any of LogicMod when porting Dolby so I wouldn't know. I just remembered that the Orange ROM had more Dolby options so I deodexed it, found out it's DRM requirements and got it all working. And then for the first version of this ROM I had Dolby audio without any DRM, but found a bug and I need to spend some time digging through that.

i know, im just saying because its the same music.apk from the orange rom, and that was the small problem stopping logicmod having full Dolby

Guest H3ROS

From what release was that? Since it looks like in R3 you replaced it with google music and in R2 it's not got any dolby or drm information in your music application.

Guest tillaz

From what release was that? Since it looks like in R3 you replaced it with google music and in R2 it's not got any dolby or drm information in your music application.

because i stopped working on that rom and never released the fix.. but that's why it never worked,

when i did to include stock music.apk in logicmod (at the start R1 used stock orange music.apk) it would force close when selecting Dolby profiles...

this was because of the missing code (activity's) in androidmanifest.xml mentioned above

logicmod is based on stock orange rom... that has dolby as default (same place it was ported from)

Guest H3ROS

Ah, so you never included it and it's only now you realize what might of fixed it. That must be a kick to "the goods" to know you come so close lol.

Between yourself, C3C0 and me we've all contributed to Dolby in some way and I've credited the both of you. It just so happens that I put the pieces of the puzzle together and had the full Dolby experience working first with no side effects, and being an audio geek I'm happy with that. And since then I've further enhanced the audio features and started to look more into performance tweaks as theres a lot I could do, especially if I was to recompile some of the ROM from source, but right now I don't have that much free time.

*EDIT*

I see tilal6991 looked at this thread and it made me think of a good way to put things across. Basically no matter what you, me or anyone else adds to these gingerbread ROM's it's all for the users and they don't often care that much about which is the fastest as long as what they're using works well. Now for me, personally, I want to use ICS but I want everything to be fully working first. When it is I'd love that ROM even if it scored less in the benchmarks simply because I'd like it's style and that it does everything I need it to do.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

Ah, so you never included it and it's only now you realize what might of fixed it. That must be a kick to "the goods" to know you come so close lol.

Between yourself, C3C0 and me we've all contributed to Dolby in some way and I've credited the both of you. It just so happens that I put the pieces of the puzzle together and had the full Dolby experience working first with no side effects, and being an audio geek I'm happy with that. And since then I've further enhanced the audio features and started to look more into performance tweaks as theres a lot I could do, especially if I was to recompile some of the ROM from source, but right now I don't have that much free time.

*EDIT*

I see tilal6991 looked at this thread and it made me think of a good way to put things across. Basically no matter what you, me or anyone else adds to these gingerbread ROM's it's all for the users and they don't often care that much about which is the fastest as long as what they're using works well. Now for me, personally, I want to use ICS but I want everything to be fully working first. When it is I'd love that ROM even if it scored less in the benchmarks simply because I'd like it's style and that it does everything I need it to do.

that's exactly why i'm selling my lg o2x and getting the zte era... stock ics & has Dolby as stock

EDIT: it actually dose fix it, but since i changed to google music there was no use for a patch

why have i suddenly got warring points thing after seeking in this thread... iv said nothing worse than h3ros :huh:

Guest H3ROS

I may update at some point, but I'm not someone who will replace a phone every year, or even every 2 years. I often have only upgraded my phone if I've felt that applications are having problems supporting my device and if I see something at a reasonable price. Like I wouldn't spend £250 on a phone, but £150 or £199 I might depending on the spec. And in a way I regret buying the OMC because if I had of waited until now then I could of got an Huawei G300 which will be getting ICS and performs better.

I just seen your edit. I've no idea whats gone on there.

Edited by H3ROS

Guest tillaz

I may update at some point, but I'm not someone who will replace a phone every year, or even every 2 years. I often have only upgraded my phone if I've felt that applications are having problems supporting my device and if I see something at a reasonable price. Like I wouldn't spend £250 on a phone, but £150 or £199 I might depending on the spec. And in a way I regret buying the OMC because if I had of waited until now then I could of got an Huawei G300 which will be getting ICS and performs better.

yeah, armv6 is ancient now, its the only thing that lets the skate down... think i would rather go for the mimosa x than the g300.

tegra 2 is great for audio and video playback, it plays just about every file format straight out the box.. even mkv and wma

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/tegra-2.html

Guest Riz1

Just two questions:

1. Does the compass work on this ROM? I am currently using Ice Armour 3 and the compass orientation in Google Maps is way out.

2. Do I need to do a full data and cache wipe prior to installing this ROM.

Thanks.

Guest H3ROS

1. The last I checked it worked fine, although google maps doesn't come with the ROM. Just an FYI.

2. You can, but when installing it will do it for you too.

Guest ErCordobes

Hello H3ROS! I have found a bug. When you go to settings, setting H3 Blue, Power button widget order and move a button. In the notification bar disappears 2G/3G option and do not know how to fix it.

Help please! In the forum I frequent happens to everyone! You can see here: http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=383030&page=8 But this in Spanish LOL.

I hope you can help. Thank you!

Edited by ErCordobes

Guest H3ROS

Already fixed for the next release, but I'm not sure when I will release it. I'm currently working a little on some theme related stuff and testing my battery life after modifying a lot of the framework files, among other things :)

Guest Doctoc

Sorry, but i dont understand why not you create a team to make; with you heros, tillaz, ceco, and maybe tillal (tillal because he's work on ics) the best rom for this phone?

Like the CM team..

About all last posts..

My appologies heros but the first rom how i can launch dead space without bug and a good framerate, it's with a atomic.

It's because the possibilities of atomic if i buy my skate, and 3 others for my friends.

Dolby.. ok you ADAPT dolby here, but dolby is copyrighted ;) it's a reverse engeenering... true? And without DRM.. O.O ...

Stop talking about law... ;)

But i dont care, it's a great thing for us.. Really.. thanks!!

It's the same for the bravia engine, god damnit, i'm happy, we are happy! But here thanks tillaz..

If you need make copyrighted things.. go to apple, it's probably the best way,...

But in this case, your reverse engeenering.. sorry about that,.. you put that in your as*..

You can see a guys from CM come here to say at tillal or ceco for CM7/9, "hey guys it's my work?".

No, the best with android, it's the possibilities to have a open minds communities.

If one thing is good for me, it's good for you...

I'm just a observer, i'm folow you.. all 4 here for a ... good time.

I don't want a war!!

No, i hope you make a team for the best.

I hope (again^^) you understand me, it's difficult to me to speak english

Tell me if you can't read, i make a google translation. ;)

Guest H3ROS

Making one ROM between all of us wouldn't work since we will each have different design ideas and would want different applications. Like I prefer the stock media player with Dolby, but they might not so someone would always be unhappy. Instead with how things are right now we'll add stuff to ROM's that makes sense, like Dolby since that improves audio.

What bug are you talking about in dead space? I have the game and I'm getting a decent framerate and it all works works rather well.

This ROM has Dolby and it's DRM too. It was reverse engeenered to get it working, but in how it works is the same as the OMC ROM, at least in my ROMs. I like the stock approach which gives me quick access to the Dolby EQ profiles.

Guest tillaz

But in this case, your reverse engeenering.. sorry about that,.. you put that in your as*..

lol, i don't understand this

EDIT: a team would never work.. i like to add user Customization to a rom, h3ros calls it bloat..

any way its more options for the users this way... plus im just about finished in this forum

Guest H3ROS

Crazy translators lol. Often if you write something out, convert it to something like german and then convert the german back to english it's rare that it's ever the same.

Guest Zbear60

I installed this rom on my new skate.

It is perfectly at 960 Mhz, smooth and usable.

I would say VERY GOOD. :)

Thanks for your work.

Guest dibbles

Having used the latest version of this ROM for a while now, and so has my wife, I would like to comment that is has been really good and very responsive in its use. There isn't much in the way of bloat to slow the ROM down and thus nothing needed to be removed before I flashed it. I have left the equalizer installed, even though it has not been used. The only thing that I did change is to replace the battery icon with a circle type which is much easier for me to see the percentage of charge left. Battery life is fine with several days of light usage between charges.

I couldn't imagine of anything that I would like to see to improve the ROM, it works consistently well with what we need it for. Whether there is anything "under the bonnet" to change or improve I would not know, but it is fine for us as it is.

Thanks H3ROS for your work :)

Guest Gagas1

Is there a possibility to include soft keys in the next update.

This rom is very good. My opinion 2.3.5 runs better than 2.3.7 on skate.

Guest thoronx

hmmm... silence ... any news ? an update , maybe ? :D something ?!

btw I have noticed, that some settings in Handcent SMS 4.2.5 have black text on black background

so it's a bit fuzzy to see

5.png

also I have noticed that calls on Viber are routed through phones speaker, found some

FMRadio apk, that can temporary correct this audio routing problem, any chance to fix

this permanently ?

Can somebody tell me where can I found the settings for auto brightness, I think that there are

two places ..., one is located in SETTINGS -> H3 Blues Settings -> Power Control Settings -> Global Settings - Level Of Brightness

but as I remember it is located also somwhere else ... hmmm where ? I can't find it

Thx.

Guest Coffer52

hmmm... silence ... any news ? an update , maybe ? :D something ?!

btw I have noticed, that some settings in Handcent SMS 4.2.5 have black text on black background

so it's a bit fuzzy to see

5.png

also I have noticed that calls on Viber are routed through phones speaker, found some

FMRadio apk, that can temporary correct this audio routing problem, any chance to fix

this permanently ?

Can somebody tell me where can I found the settings for auto brightness, I think that there are

two places ..., one is located in SETTINGS -> H3 Blues Settings -> Power Control Settings -> Global Settings - Level Of Brightness

but as I remember it is located also somwhere else ... hmmm where ? I can't find it

Thx.

Auto brightness - Settings - Display - Brightness - Auto