[GB] MIUI 2.4.9 RC1 (Real MIUI, Not mod)

Guest anarkill

Guest desalesouche

the rom is very slow. activity launcher fc...no ringtone no notification sound....only silent mode.when listening music canno't go on home page without music player stop...rom canno't detect movie on sd with gallery. canno't read movie from file manager...i installed quickpic and with it it is ok to see mp4 movies.

will do more test

Guest anarkill

the rom is very slow. activity launcher fc...no ringtone no notification sound....only silent mode.when listening music canno't go on home page without music player stop...rom canno't detect movie on sd with gallery. canno't read movie from file manager...i installed quickpic and with it it is ok to see mp4 movies.

will do more test

It's very strange because it have sounds in /system/media. And launcher works fine for me... Use root explorer and see your /system/media folder. Maybe this rom larger then your system partition and not succesfully install.

And a little question. You install it over the old rom or clearly with wipe?

P.S Maybe later post my succesfully work nandroid backup of this rom...

Guest desalesouche

It's very strange because it have sounds in /system/media. And launcher works fine for me... Use root explorer and see your /system/media folder. Maybe this rom larger then your system partition and not succesfully install.

i made 3 wipe and format system before to flash.and i reduce size rom to 70.9 mo.deleting some tts .

Guest samnang

[2.3.7] MIUI 2.4.9 RC1 Stable [HUAWEI U8230/U8220] - CM 7.2 .32 kernel Based

Thanks you, Anarkill! I really like MIUI. Anyway, could u tell me how to use front camera? and will it support app install to ext?

Guest anarkill

themes doesn't work ?????

Read the first post!!!

4) Themes don't work?

Via Root Explorer, go to the folder /data/system and create an empty folder "theme". You should have /data/system/theme. Reboot and set theme =) Reboot again and enjoy the theme. NOT PUT LOCKSCREEN!! When installing themes cancel it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Freon35

Great ROM - almost perfect.

On my Pulse everything works (a lot of FC, but OK ).

The important thing is to enable auto mount of ext/sd and swap partitions like in Pulse mini.

FC are produced by the lack of RAM - so that's that.

• 2 months later...
Guest memo antimo

wow this is agood rom i love it Avery think is ok but its not faster and front cam not working i wait for next update to fix it sory for bad english

Edited by memo antimo

Guest nattysinister

Installed it yesterday on U8220/Pulse. I encountered these problems:

1. Can not install many of the apps such as auto call recorder, whatsapp, Documents to go and may be many more. I successfully installed appsplanet. I haven't tried Market yet just tried installing from apk.

2. It is still slow but not buggy(less force closes then cm 7.2) but going back to home screen from any app by long pressing home/back button always causes force close.

3. Ram always low. Any way to close unwanted apps and processes(I heard we can long-press home button to do this) but in U8220 home and back button are same so may be you can make long-pressing trackball perform this function(just a suggestion Don't know if it is even possible).

4. Low quality pictures everywhere---everything seems to be more pixelated(may be just me).

And one more thing---can someone tell me how to make phone to continuously ring when i receive a call as it rings for 2-3 seconds and then just vibrate.

EDIT: Such a bad thing i just complaint like a whiner. Let us just know the great things too:

1. Super beautiful just opposite to stock android which is ugly as hell.

2. Finally A music player which can be called great, actually phenomenal (I would advice everyone to go for this player---just outstanding.)

3. Fantastic lockscreen. Just so beautiful looking almost like the golocker and other apps which consume huge memory to give such a view.

4.Drop-down menu shows Notifications as well as finely crafted(icons) toggles which is verrrry useful.

and counting...

Edited by nattysinister

Guest zeljko211

Hi! Installed this miui huawei u8220 everything worx but nobody can call me constantly shows zhat busy and i can call the other without a problem,so please advice.

Guest nattysinister

Installed it yesterday on U8220/Pulse. I encountered these problems:

1. Can not install many of the apps such as auto call recorder, whatsapp, Documents to go and may be many more. I successfully installed appsplanet. I haven't tried Market yet just tried installing from apk.

2. It is still slow but not buggy(less force closes then cm 7.2) but going back to home screen from any app by long pressing home/back button always causes force close.

3. Ram always low. Any way to close unwanted apps and processes(I heard we can long-press home button to do this) but in U8220 home and back button are same so may be you can make long-pressing trackball perform this function(just a suggestion Don't know if it is even possible).

4. Low quality pictures everywhere---everything seems to be more pixelated(may be just me).

And one more thing---can someone tell me how to make phone to continuously ring when i receive a call as it rings for 2-3 seconds and then just vibrate.

EDIT: Such a bad thing i just complaint like a whiner. Let us just know the great things too:

1. Super beautiful just opposite to stock android which is ugly as hell.

2. Finally A music player which can be called great, actually phenomenal (I would advice everyone to go for this player---just outstanding.)

3. Fantastic lockscreen. Just so beautiful looking almost like the golocker and other apps which consume huge memory to give such a view.

4.Drop-down menu shows Notifications as well as finely crafted(icons) toggles which is verrrry useful.

and counting...

Forget about good things i mentioned.

This is way back then being a stable ROM as mentioned in description(it is RC1).

Problems don't go away and some of the most stubborn ones are those i mentioned already with low RAM being the most troublesome and may be the most common problem.

One more issue---NO CALL RECORDING from rec. feature pre-installed. It just creates a 6b .amr file(which doesn't open) no matter how long or short the recording is.

There were some other issues too but i guess development on this ROM has ended so no use of mentioning them and hence the bottomline is that:

This ROM could have been a breakthrough and a breath of freshest air for Pulse owners but i guess this too failed to be stable enough.

Edited by nattysinister

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest nasir031

Hi QI7485205....

let me give you a ROM for u8220 which I'm using since last year.. but now I've upgraded my u8220 to latest 2.3.7 Nightly build of CM, which has some issues like Camera and Wifi are not workign maybe they get these issues fixed in stable version for which I'm waiting..

Here is the link to Android Version 2.1 for u8220

http://www.mediafire.com/?6qkl2ra0d9dsnfz

1) You need to have rooted device.

2) ClockWorkMod recovery installed.

if you have above 2 pre-reqs then..

1) place rbmhu4.zip in root of you SD means in SD/rbmhu4.zip (directly to SD card not in some directory like SD/someDirectory/rbmhu4.zip).

2) boot your u8220 in recovery mod and select "Install zip from SD card"

and then you have to locate/chose rbmhu4.zip and then install it..

First boot may take upto 5+ minutes so be patient..

Enjoy............

• 3 years later...
Guest DocttorMatt

Can you upload to mediafire or mega because e dont can download please!!!

Deposit Files don work on Portugal!!!

Edited by DocttorMatt