MCR - MoDaCo.one for the HTC One S (Sense + Vanilla) new: WiFi Calling support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

modacoone.png

onexir1-1.pngvilleir2.pngonexir1-4.png

Images primarily show Vanilla style - of course Sense style is available too!

I'm pleased to present my MoDaCo.one ROM for the HTC One S! READ THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU START! No, really, it contains everything you need to know. ;)

About MoDaCo Custom ROMs (MCRs)

MoDaCo Custom ROMs are based on official ROMs - either shipping or leaked. A MCR release is designed to feel as far as possible like a stock ROM, with optimisations, tweaks and complimentary additions that enhance the user experience. The aim of a MCR is to be ultra reliable for use on an everyday device. MoDaCo Custom ROMs include online kitchens that allow the user to choose between stock ICS or Sense style for most features on the device!

About MoDaCo.one

The MoDaCo.one ROM is available for the HTC One X (Tegra 3), HTC One X (S4), HTC One S and HTC One V.

Requirements

In order to use this ROM you must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed - this can be installed using ROM Manager from the Android Market.

The ROM is installed at your own risk. The ROM should be installed using ClockworkMod. A wipe is NOT required to use this ROM if you are coming from either stock, or a previous MCR release.

Features Include... (many optional via the Online Kitchen) - check kitchen defaults for what is in the prebake:

• Rebuilt, compressed and optimised with the MCR build system
  • Based on the 1.84.531.2 release from T-Mobile, to allow WiFi calling. Note that all T-Mo added software is removed / abstracted.
  • All Google applications updated
  • All third party applications updated
  • Vanilla option using stock ICS components instead of HTC Sense components while retaining stability and core HTC functionality
  • Superuser application and su binary from ChainfireXDA (SuperSU) for SAFE root functionality
  • Insecure boot image (boot image must be flashed via fastboot for S-ON devices)
  • Busybox included
  • Not odexed
  • Insecure boot image
  • Alternative appstores
  • Our own 'OdexMe' on-demand odex application
  • init.d support on boot
  • Modified startup sequence to offer all available languages
  • UK English localisation for flashlight / torch
  • Menu mod - includes some changes created by XDA member 'blubbers'
  • Nosync SQLite binary (user request)
  • Much much much more!

Changelog

Please see 2 posts below this one for the changelog.

Installation

To install this ROM:
    • Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your the internal sd card (/sdcard/)
    • Restart your device in recovery mode
    • PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
    • Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to the internal sd card!

If you have problems with Market licencing, check your device date!

First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it! :D

Downloads

Please do not mirror these packs elsewhere, I am counting downloads to determine which prebakes are most popular and should be offered in the future.

Prebakes are available for everyone to download, the MoDaCo Online Kitchen is available to MoDaCo AdFree and MoDaCo Plus members. NEW - you can now get MoDaCo AdFree for FREE via TrialPay - click here for details!

Prebake downloads

• Ir3 Sense - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 666106566dd708db3ff3128c6dcc3c2f
      • Ir3 Sense + WiFi Calling - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 2f0a749f24dee14aa4a0ee57f520e613
      • Ir3 Vanilla - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 12632e14db3b88063c82fac0df8d7b91
      • Kitchen download

[*]an online kitchen is also available below for you to bake a Custom Custom ROM. :D

?rc=v&ri=1368898&p=51eeu1pH&t=A7DtDeW&ty

Support

If you have a general question, please post in the topic and i'll do my best to help out! :)

Thanks

It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect.

Future Updates - READ THIS!

By providing this ROM I am not implying in any way that future updates will follow. Due to limits on my time and the fact that I have a large number of devices for short periods of time, it isn't possible for me to continue providing ROM updates indefinitely. Please do not donate / sign up on the assumption that future releases will be available (I don't want you to be disappointed!).

And finally...

If you would like to show your appreciation for the ROM, please consider supporting MoDaCo by signing up for a MoDaCo subscription!

Enjoy! :D

P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PaulOBrien

There may be a short wait while the load balancing software determines the best kitchen to serve your ROM. The kitchen should appear below within 20 seconds.

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

2nd July

• Updated various installed apps / libraries in line with latest Market releases
    • Updated Google apps to latest releases after I/O
    • Added Google Currents (latest version, new icon)
    • Added Google Ears music recognition widget
    • Added Play Store Magazines (region dependent).
      19th June Ir3
      • Updated to release from T-Mobile
      • Fully kitchened to abstract WiFi Calling and T-Mo software
      • Added Sense + WiFi Calling prebake
      • Updated Vanilla prebake to use HTC Gallery for Best Shot etc.

16th June

[*]Friendstream Fix

15th June Ir1

• Initial Release

Guest PaulOBrien

Just a heads up that excluding 'PC Sync' removes the popup to select USB mount etc... i'll add this back into the vanilla prebake shortly.

P

Guest StripLV

Paul,

the Friendstream does also not work in this ROM. I made a kitchen with the default values instead of:

No Soundhound

only German an English language

no menu mod

then I tried your prebake. (sense)

Also no working Friendstream. FS says i am not logged in to any social network. If I click then in the upcoming popup ( if I would like to log in) on "yes" then i only see the Flickr.

Thats it.

Please help.

Thanks

Regards

Edited by StripLV

Guest PaulOBrien
Paul,

the Friendstream does also not work in this ROM. I made a kitchen with the default values instead of:

No Soundhound

only German an English language

no menu mod

then I tried your prebake. (sense)

Also no working Friendstream. FS says i am not logged in to any social network. If I click then in the upcoming popup ( if I would like to log in) on "yes" then i only see the Flickr.

Thats it.

Please help.

Thanks

Regards

Hmm, I'll look into that.

P

Guest EmDzej

Awasome work as usual Paul :)

I've noticed one issue so far. If using stock ICS lockscreen and stock ICS dialer screen is not unlocked on incoming call (both cellular and sip).

Could someone confirm it?

Also dialer hangs on answering incomming sip call (this also happened on stock afair).

Edited by EmDzej

Guest dwino

I baked a custom sense rom with the kitchen (unsigned), went into CWM recovery, did a full wipe (factory reset) and installed the Rom via "Choose zip from sd card". i got stuck at the white htc screen well over 15, i think 20 minutes. i then stopped it, and restored my nandroit w/o problems.

I read again the Instructions for the Installation and in the frirst post it says " First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it!"

Was it just me beeing impatient, could it take over 20 minutes to install the rom ?? Would really like this near stock rom for everyday use!

reg

Dwino

Guest PaulOBrien
I baked a custom sense rom with the kitchen (unsigned), went into CWM recovery, did a full wipe (factory reset) and installed the Rom via "Choose zip from sd card". i got stuck at the white htc screen well over 15, i think 20 minutes. i then stopped it, and restored my nandroit w/o problems.

I read again the Instructions for the Installation and in the frirst post it says " First boot may take a while - be patient while it carries out it's pre-dexopt. It's worth it!"

Was it just me beeing impatient, could it take over 20 minutes to install the rom ?? Would really like this near stock rom for everyday use!

reg

Dwino

Check logcat? Also if it fails, try prebakes...

P

Sorry this might be an obvious question but, I do want to check. At the moment i have a UK orange HTC ONE S phone and the only modification I have made to it is root and Clockwork Recovery Mod.

If I do the update via a kitchen (going to keep it pretty much htc sense) will it wipe or upgrade the phone?

I have a backup via clockwork mod but would prefere it to update via than wipe everything. My understanding is it will update and so keep settings/emails/sms etc ?

Edited by Bry

Guest PaulOBrien
Sorry this might be an obvious question but, I do want to check. At the moment i have a UK orange HTC ONE S phone and the only modification I have made to it is root and Clockwork Recovery Mod.

If I do the update via a kitchen (going to keep it pretty much htc sense) will it wipe or upgrade the phone?

I have a backup via clockwork mod but would prefere it to update via than wipe everything. My understanding is it will update and so keep settings/emails/sms etc ?

It's non wipe but as always, backup first!

P

Guest StripLV

Yes, will do!

P

Will this be Ir3 then here http://www.modaco.co...ated-optimised/ ?

Or how can I see if/when you update this? Will you put this in the changelog?

I am asking because there is nothing in the changelog and its already Release 2

Thanks!

One more thing:

What REALLY SUCKS in Android since my first Android Device (HTC Legend) is that you have to click couple times on the "Back" key to close an app. What would be REALLY useful is the feature in CM "long click on back to close app"

I suggest to put this feature in MCR ROMs.

What do you think Paul? I will thank you 1 Billion times if u couldt make this happen. I am sure other users also would like this.

I still dont understand why Google made this so stupid as Android has no "X" to close an app like in Windows!!!

P.S. I also found this feature here:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1625816

Buttons:

• Remap longpress back: Close app, recent apps, htc speak, Custom app

Unfortunately its a ONE X ROM, but maybe you can make this feature also happen in your ROMs.

Edited by StripLV

Guest PaulOBrien

Will this be Ir3 then here http://www.modaco.co...ated-optimised/ ?

Or how can I see if/when you update this? Will you put this in the changelog?

I am asking because there is nothing in the changelog and its already Release 2

Thanks!

One more thing:

What REALLY SUCKS in Android since my first Android Device (HTC Legend) is that you have to click couple times on the "Back" key to close an app. What would be REALLY useful is the feature in CM "long click on back to close app"

I suggest to put this feature in MCR ROMs.

What do you think Paul? I will thank you 1 Billion times if u couldt make this happen. I am sure other users also would like this.

I still dont understand why Google made this so stupid as Android has no "X" to close an app like in Windows!!!

P.S. I also found this feature here:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1625816

Buttons:

• Remap longpress back: Close app, recent apps, htc speak, Custom app

Unfortunately its a ONE X ROM, but maybe you can make this feature also happen in your ROMs.

The DUO ROM is completely stock bar updates and optimisations and versioned separately to this release.

I'll check that close feature out...

P

Guest StripLV

The DUO ROM is completely stock bar updates and optimisations and versioned separately to this release.

I'll check that close feature out...

P

WOW! I AM FREAKING OUT to read that you will look in the "close" feature!!!

Sorry, of course i meant to add the "Close feature" to the MCR - ROMs and not to "Stock" ROMs from you like the DUO.

Man I am so looking forward what you think to that feature / if you will add this to MCR!!!

Oh, and If its not a big problem:

"Volume wake" would also be nice, because of the size of all the new devices it´s very hard to reach the Power button every time, and unfortunately no more device has a TPAD :-(

I really miss that (not only for TPAD wake, also for SMart Dialing, cursor navigating and so on)

It´s even worse if you use a (silicon) case

To wake up with "Volume" would be MUCH more comfortable.

Paul, AGAIN THANKS. You are the man!

Edited by StripLV

Guest PaulOBrien

Ir3 release is online! :)

P

19th June Ir3

• Updated to release from T-Mobile
  • Fully kitchened to abstract WiFi Calling and T-Mo software
  • Added Sense + WiFi Calling prebake
  • Updated Vanilla prebake to use HTC Gallery for Best Shot etc.

Guest The Jones

Just baked a ROM which was vanilla except with HTC Gallery, lockscreen and dialler. But I have no People app or Phone app. Going to bake one now with the stock dialler, but its odd...

Guest The Jones

Could you confirm your exact config so I can try and replicate?

P

For now, what I can do is post what is in the options.txt inside the cooked ROM. It is a lot of options to detail. I think this is taken from the right ROM (I hope so!) and please say if this is no good.

Your kitchen choices are shown below.

a