MCR - MoDaCo.one for the HTC One S (Sense + Vanilla) new: WiFi Calling support

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Changelog

29th June (changes to kitchen in preperation for updated prebake)

• Updated Google apps to latest releases after I/O
  • Added Google Currents (latest version, new icon)
  • Added Google Ears music recognition widget
  • Added Play Store Magazines (region dependent).

Guest StripLV

Paul,

Are there any news on my "long click on back key to close foreground app" request ? Like in cm or the other one x rom I posted the link before a couple days ago? Did you look into that? Do you like it? Any chances we will see it in future modaco roms?

For me this is the most sucking feature in android that we have to click on the back key so many times to close an app. (As we have no "X" like in windows...)

I am really looking forward to this and I am sure other users will love this also...

THANKS in advance!

Guest euro_3595

Newbie Question:

--------------------------

1. - I am using the Sense + Wifi calling prebake (Great running rom) but still have the 4G icon. I thought the "H" replaced the 4G in the newer prebakes.

2. - When I use the kitchen to "bake" a rom, I choose the wifi-calling option, download and install the rom - but I don't have the option for wifi-calling even-though i choose the option.

What am I doing wrong?

HTC ONE S (T-MOBILE)

Guest PhonePersona

Newbie Question:

--------------------------

1. - I am using the Sense + Wifi calling prebake (Great running rom) but still have the 4G icon. I thought the "H" replaced the 4G in the newer prebakes.

2. - When I use the kitchen to "bake" a rom, I choose the wifi-calling option, download and install the rom - but I don't have the option for wifi-calling even-though i choose the option.

What am I doing wrong?

HTC ONE S (T-MOBILE)

I don't have this ROM. I use AOKP, but I believe WiFi Calling is built-into the mobile options. It's no longer an app in the app tray.

Go into system settings and look under the mobile and wireless settings.

I hope this helps.

Guest euro_3595

I don't have this ROM. I use AOKP, but I believe WiFi Calling is built-into the mobile options. It's no longer an app in the app tray.

Go into system settings and look under the mobile and wireless settings.

I hope this helps.

Its not there. At all. Its only there If I leave out the mod for "H" or if I just use the prebake with wifi-calling.

Guest peterfriis

What is the error?

P

Hi Paul - now it´s ok and i´m looking forward to install the new rom..

Maybe it was a server downtime or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I just flashed this rom:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1711803

and flashed this radio:

Radio from RUU_Ville_U_HTC_Europe_1.78.401.2 [Recommended] (update by rhcp)

0.16.31501S.17_2_10.23.31501S.10L

I noticed that my reception bar is jumping up and down all the over and my bars seem to be lower (maybe its just my mind) then before when I had the stock ROM.

I live in Canada and use FIDO as the carrier... am I using the right radio/ROM?

Please help!

rgh2x.png

Hey I put that question on XDA, but didn't get answer yet. So just in case I am asking here. How does vanilla version looks like. Are settings, dialer, sms and other stuff also themed, or is just launcher and locksreen? I hate this white Settings app in sens :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hobby2k

Hello togehter, normaly I wanted to bake a custom ROM (and yes, of course I paid...).

But since nearly tow days, I only see "There are currently no servers available to service your request due to a high number of builds currently in progress - please try again later.".

Anyone who can help, please?

Second question: Where can I see, if this ROM fits for my S3 (the first One S, with 1,7 GHz CPU)? I read, that using a ROM for S4 with an S3 could damage the phone, so right now I am litte bit unsure.

Any experiences from "old" S3 users, using S4 ROMs?

Thanks in advance and greetings from Germany.

Edited by hobby2k

Guest hobby2k

• Okay, the Online Kitchen now seems to be again available. So far so good.

• Can now anyone tell me, if you can use this ROM for both HTC One S (old S3/new S4)???

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Aaron Howe

I just installed the Sense option w/o Wifi calling on my HTC One S (S4 T-Mobile UK). It all seems to be working okay but I have the 4G icon (don't really care about that) - more importantly, I have no wifi. MAC address shows as unavailable and Wifi option shows "Error". Should I have installed the Wifi calling ROM even though I'm not equipped to use it?

Update: Installed the Wifi calling ROM and have the same issue - Bluetooth still works but no Wifi radio. Previously was running stock with a fresh Superboot/root, this is the first ROM installation on this handset using ROM Manager. All data and caches cleared prior to installing - after root Wifi was working without a problem. Used this ROM as I wanted to try out Google Now, otherwise would have reverted back to stock.

Resolved: For the benefit of anyone else with the same issue, I followed the instructions here which worked perfectly.

Edited by Aaron Howe

Guest FatherD

Hi Paul, all working well here after flashing this over an Orange UK rom .. just wondering if you plan to release any further updates in light of the release of 4.0.4 and sense 4.1 for this beautiful HTC?

Edit: just read through thoroughly! (note to self - do that first in future!) I didn't separately flash the boot image, I checked in the bootloader and I have s-on.. So I presume I should flash it by extracting it from the rom zip and using adb in the usual way!?

Edited by FatherD

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a T-mobile (USA) One S and imported to Australia. Managed to sim unlock and flash new bootloader. Then I flashed Ir3 Sense and all seems great!

Just having a problem getting the network data speeds I was expecting. I've tried all of the network providers and only Telstra gives me decent 3G data speeds. I've checked the other network providers frequencies, and the ONE S should be able to work on all the frequencies over here.

On the box for the One S, it lists the supported frequencies as GSM:850/900/1800/1900 UMTS: band I (2100) band II (1900) Band IV (1700/2100/AWS) Band V (850).

With Optus and Vodafone I get 2g shown in the notification bar. Telstra shows 4G and a quick test gave me 16Mbit download speed.

Is it likely that I need to flash a new baseband that will help with this problem? If so, how do I know which one to flash. I've done all sorts of rom flashing, but don't think I've done a baseband....not sure really!

Thanks,

current baseband 0.16.31501S.16_2_10.22.31501S.10L