Vodafone UK - supplied apps safe to remove

Guest gsf600y

Guest Pia23

I had that issue with other installers, and found Titanium worked ok. Not sure what error means exactly.

If you're thinking about a new ROM, it's amazingly easy to do. I just downloaded B888 ROM from http://www.modaco.co...ad-link-inside/, unzipped, copied dload folder onto root of SD card, insert SD card into phone, then launched the update process from the Settings>Storage>Software Upgrade>SD card Upgrade menu option.

That's it.

The improvement in the bottom 3 buttons was entirely worth it for me - I found they work not working about 33% of the time. Now it's 100%.

I'm a bit nervous of using the B888 one as i read you can't undo it and it will invalidate the warranty? I only got the phone today so wanted a safer method. Does the B886 make the 3 buttons work better? I've had a Blade, Skate and now this, and somehow managed to never install a new rom lol...

Guest gsf600y

Well, I guess installing unofficial updates like this is more for the impatient, risk taker types :)

Yes, I think B888 may make like difficult to go back.

I've also read that the future Android ICS upgrade may not be an issue though. There's probably going to be official updates that improve the phone, so you could just wait, and uninstalling the Vodafone/Junk stuff isn't really needed, just a geeky desire on my part that made me do it.

From what you've said, sounds like you're best not meddling. I only did B888 as I'd buggered up the phone in a couple of days of getting it by uninstalling stuff :D

Guest Davidoff59

The vodafone apps and games are in Cust file. Use a root browser and navigate to it. Delete what you don't want.

For example

Facebook.apk

Facebook.odex

Guest Pia23

Ahh i've sussed it thanks!!

I've got rid of the game trials and language packs.

I will be on Giff Gaff when i get the unlock code so just wanted to double check that all the Voda stuff can go?

AppSelect

Help Login

Music Shop

My Web

Updates

Edit

Ok now i've got a problem!

seen a post on previous page and deleted Help login, now i'm getting error messages

Edit2

Ignore me, it went away after a reboot. Lol! That's enough from me now, honest :P

Edited by Pia23

Guest Davidoff59

Did you try a reboot. what error messages. I deleted all them, infact cust folder was blank and I had no issues or errors. are you using a vodafone sim

Guest Pia23

Not using any sim card at the min as i'm waiting for my unlock code! Hope it hurries up. Can't wait to get away from Orange after 15 years(!) and get onto Giff Gaff!

Guest Chuzzwuzzer

I have just installed rom toolbox and gone into cust folder and all i see in root browser/cust is email,hw agps.conf,nv,qns,prop,and xml folders. is cust the correct place to be to remove all the vodafone crap ?

Edited by Chuzzwuzzer

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Haelu

I just deleted the Help Login stuff too, and a message kept popping up alerting me that something had stopped working.

I had to try and quickly navigate the phone inbetween the split second between the message popping up again.

Thankfully, I managed to reboot, and it seems fine now :D

phewww

Guest Maximus9

People, I tried everything I could think of to delete TouchPal, tried Rom Uninstaller, Rom Toolbox, Super Manager and so on, can't delete them. Manually in cust.normal/europe/app also not working, Error deleting file... what else can I do???

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Chris Banks

I found deleting the folder /data/dataapp got rid of all the vodafone & trial apps as well as the lockscreen potterUnlock.apk

It also removed a few google apps like youtube and voice dialer, but these can be got from market anyway.

The strange thing was that there were apk's in there for apps which where not even installed, like foursquare for example.

People, I tried everything I could think of to delete TouchPal, tried Rom Uninstaller, Rom Toolbox, Super Manager and so on, can't delete them. Manually in cust.normal/europe/app also not working, Error deleting file... what else can I do???

Deleting the Touchpal apk from /system/app did it for me.

Edited by Chris Banks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dreamypuma

Almost got the super slim system I wanted on stock B934. I'm really hoping to get rid of the Weather Clock app. Titanium and Root uninstaller report that the app can't be removed (failed to locate apk file). Can't find anything relevant using root explorer.

I notice others have managed to successfully remove this app. Please can someone describe how this is done?

Any help would be appreciated.