The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

So it is unlikely orange are going to give sd card like some are saying. But now we have broke their security, I wonder if they will give in to the modding community with bootloader and sd card.

Guest rickywyatt

hahaha your funny m8 wait to xolo find out the first thing thay will do is push out a update and say it's for improvements but really it will be to block that new root and remove the Su and superuser

hahaha your funny m8 wait to xolo find out the first thing thay will do is push out a update and say it's for improvements but really it will be to block that new root and remove the Su and superuser

Your not wrong at all, exactly what they did before lol, what was it they blocked the data folder if I remember right ?

Edited by Guest

Guest vermat17

Just read all the new posts on the forum, there really has a big explosion of activity!

Just like to say well done to everyone out there who contributed to finally rooting this damn thing :)

I really can't wait to get my hands on the device now :P

Guest Santiago97

If I remember correctly, android . fstab had an entry which mounted it to mmcblk1, it was one of the files that could be read without root, still is...

Guest vermat17

Is the anyway to get back to gingerbread after I install the update?

Could you not just put the xolo gingerbread update on the sd card and select update apply from sd card???

Don't try this just yet, I want someone more experienced than me to say whether its viable or not :P

Thinking about when I had g300, it was not possible to go back, update fails. Although someone found a work around later.

Edited by Guest

Guest b4da55

That was due to different basebands and if the same should be ok. Stress should, im commenting on the g300 and do not own a osd. However There was no risk trying it, it just failed requiring batt pull.

Awesome work has been done snd seeing as ive followed this since first post im proper happy.

Next.... sd card:D

Guest yanisfast

Hello everybody - first post here,

so as a happy ex San Fran user and even happier after i rooted it using modaco.com assistance... until it got stolen anyway,

i am now excited about the Diego - one problem - i live in Latvia now,

but considering the lowered price, friendly currency rate and root option -

i still want to get this phone pay'n'go in november (ill probably ask a friend to send it to me)...

it's such a deal comparing to anything you can buy here for same money

my priorities - screen resolution no less than what it has, battery life, and a decent camera

the rest i don't really care about... if there is a better alternative for the price i'd consider it

now my question, and i know some of this has been discussed but too much digging to do

- what would i do about the simlock if i get my hands on the device only outside of uk?

should it all be doable here or ill need someone to do some dirty work for me while in orange network?

does the 3 month problem exist?

oh and orange website says "out of stock" - anything to worry about?

Edited by yanisfast

Hi guys, I've been following this thread for months now. I just wanna thank you all for this incredible piece of work. I love this phone but since I snap a lot of pics I was really getting pissed with the shutter sound and was actually considering selling it for that one single reason. That is no more thanks to you!!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you !!!!!

Guest m.akkiii

Woopie ... I have updated my Xolo x900 with ICS and now compatibility issues are gone !!!!!!

But I think Xolo x900 has been rooted as well ??

And I was reading about Memory card slot available in Xolo .. ?? Is it True ?

I'm so EXITED !! yIppIE !!