The San Diego hacking topic - root progress etc.

Guest PaulOBrien

If the motorola razer i (m in usa) has an unlocked bootloader could it be of any help for our bootloader situation? Could this bootload be flashed/modified to work on our osd?

Guest joe1r23

Finally got ics and rooted

would it be possible to change from the xolo ics to the orange ics (when available) not that I would want to but its for the purpose of if i damage my phone or whatever and i cant go to the orange shop with a xolo boot logo :D

Finally got ics and rooted

would it be possible to change from the xolo ics to the orange ics (when available) not that I would want to but its for the purpose of if i damage my phone or whatever and i cant go to the orange shop with a xolo boot logo :D

Yes thanks to rickwyatts hard work we now have an all in one tool to easily switch between xolo/orange .

Not sure if it is available yet as it still was in testing today, but it will be soon.

Edited by Guest

Guest nihalot

Help, i rooted xolp earlier, but today had to flash update.zip by recovery, now trying to root again but no luck, it restarts once but second time it says 'sorry unable to perform this function' smtng lik that,,,, no root :-( :-(

Guest nihalot

Help, i rooted xolo earlier, but today had to flash update.zip by recovery, now trying to root again but no luck, it restarts once but second time it says 'sorry unable to perform this function' smtng lik that,,,, no root :-( :-(

Help, i rooted xolo earlier, but today had to flash update.zip by recovery, now trying to root again but no luck, it restarts once but second time it says 'sorry unable to perform this function' smtng lik that,,,, no root :-( :-(

Did you flash the ics update.zip

Guest john91919

Can someone give me a step by step idiots guide to rooting the SD.

I have the orange ICS update, just not sure how to proceed on rooting?

If the SD card could sorted....

Can someone give me a step by step idiots guide to rooting the SD.

I have the orange ICS update, just not sure how to proceed on rooting?

If the SD card could sorted....

The current root exploit is a little temperamental with the orange ics, but rickywyatt has a working root for orange which he will upload when it is ready so may be worth waiting a while.

But if you cant wait there is a guide here: http://www.modaco.co...your-san-diego/

Edited by Guest

Guest john91919

Hi,

Is there any way to change the battery/wifi/signal strengh icons and colours?

Would I need to root first?

Can't stand the orange colour and dont like the triangular signal strength.

Cheers

John

Guest Simon O

Hi,

Is there any way to change the battery/wifi/signal strengh icons and colours?

Would I need to root first?

Can't stand the orange colour and dont like the triangular signal strength.

Cheers

John

You may be able to do this with http://uot.dakra.lt but it's not something I've used. I know a few other members have used this to change the battery icon. Alternatively you could use the Xolo ICS ROM rather than the Orange ROM which is a lot cleaner and closer to the stock ICS experience than Orange.