How a 16GB Nexus 7 can work out at an effective £167.50

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Food for thought. :)

• 16GB Nexus 7 at PC World including delivery = £199.00
  • 5.05% cashback via topcashback = £188.95
  • £15 free Google Play credit = £173.95
  • $10 Google Wallet credit = £167.50

How else can we reduce the virtual price? :)

Shame they don't sell the 8GB model as that would work out at £130.46!

P

Guest TheManicGibbon

This looks very interesting. Two things:

• I think I read something you'd written about getting $10 Google Wallet cash even if you've already activated Wallet on another device? I have it on my Nexus S and I've spent my $10 on McDonalds :unsure: so do I get another $10 on the Nexus 7?
  • Do you definitely get the £15 Play Store credit when you buy from PC World?

Cheers!

Guest absro

I hate you :(, I can't order the N7 here... And of course I HATE GOOGLE!

Maybe I'll convince a colleague to buy me one from Canada.

Guest mparack

Paul,

The 5.05% TCB might be on the ex. VAT price which is £159.99

So cash back should be £8.08

Still a great deal if we get the credit from the play store and wallet. I have ordered from Currys with the 5% discount and 5% quidco which should bring the cost to £182.39 which is an even sweeter deal

Guest Stu C

Sorry, I've not heard about the $10 Google Wallet credit with the Nexus 7... what are the details? Can a $10 credit be using in the UK?

Guest Peninsula

Does anyone know when PC World will ship the tablet?

I've been waiting for google to send mine - since 29/7 :( This way I can save money, but will only do it if it will be shipped when I order.

EDIT: just called their helpline and a guy called Ian said they have some in the distribution centre. Next day delivery is available for £3.99, or free delivery takes 3-5 working days. No shops have the tablet in yet.

Edited by Peninsula

Guest bagge

Is there anyone who can sent me the N7 to Germany ;-)

Maybe something similar to when the Orange San Francisco was released (which I aquired through here through a kind soul), can that cashback mentiond above be used multiple times by one person? Can google google wallet credit be transferred to someone elses account? Just asking to see if those could add extra value to anyone who potentially may ship (if this is allowed Paul? just assuming it is, since if I recall correctly it worked relatively well with the OSF).

Guest chrisbarker

Tesco are now selling the Nexus 7, there are some codes for New and Existing customers in the UKHotDeals thread :

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/asus-google-nexus-16gb-7-tablet-189-tesco-direct-collect-instore-1268750?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=txt&utm_campaign=Hourly+Hot&mforwarded=true

I ordered before seeing these codes but think I used the existing customer one when I brought my Kindle so don't think I'd be able to use it again anyway.

No worries though as my Wife works there so I got 10% off anyway. Ordered two (one for me and my dad) and am collecting from local store tomorrow. :)

Edited by chrisbarker

Guest What_The_Fox_Hat

Yup - Tesco was good for me (as a new registered customer).

• 16GB Nexus 7 at Tesco Direct (collect from store) = £199.00
  • £10 off for new registered customer = £189.00
  • 5% cashback via Quidco based on price before VAT (rate expires in 3 days) = £181.44
  • £15 free Google Play credit = £166.44
  • $10 Google Wallet credit = £159.99

Edited by What_The_Fox_Hat