[ICS] Found U8815 B927 ROM

Guest rsrocha

Guest MiguelPereira

Screenshot_2012_07_18_12_36_57.png

Do I have to install the rest?

Is this on B927? Is so, The only draw back now is the Camcorder's native video resolution (unable to record at 800x480 - 720p)....

That being solved and I'll vote it as the "perfect" Rom!

Guest MiguelPereira

Use lg camera

Can you confirm that using LG Camera records on that resolution? Please. To be honest i recall reading somewhere that it wouldn't... but I confess that I've been reading so much about this these days that I started to get a bit confused...

Thanks for tip! :D

Edited by MiguelPereira

Guest dragpyre

Are the Barclays apps available?

They weren't for anyone else the other night.

I got PingIt, but the other Barclays app I could not find.

Screenshot_2012_07_18_13_37_36.jpg

Guest MiguelPereira

Yes it records at 480x800 I checked video properties.

Hummm... ok. In that case I'm going back to B927... I'll have a go on it for a few days!

Thanks a lot!!!

Hummm... ok. In that case I'm going back to B927... I'll have a go on it for a few days!

Thanks a lot!!!

you can also change bit rate too with lg camera.

Here is one I just shot, as you can see 800x480 :)

post-796032-0-09048000-1342616126_thumb.

Guest MiguelPereira

Jilobutsu! You've made my day! Thanks a lot! I'm starting now Huawei's B927 journey again!

Guest Rico_89

Can you post your LG CamCorder settings please?

And if you adjust the build.prop file, which takes about 1 minute, then everything should work fine in google play, however I'm not sure about the banking apps though.

Can you post your LG CamCorder settings please?

And if you adjust the build.prop file, which takes about 1 minute, then everything should work fine in google play, however I'm not sure about the banking apps though.

I do not have settings really, just set resolution to 800x480 and up bit rate to 10. Although I am not sure if changing bitrate is working, but I set it higher anyway.

Edited by Guest

Guest droiddruid

A few reasons; The new boot animation is really cool ;) <snip>

Can someone upload the boot animation zip so I can see what all the fuss is about without installing 927?

Cheers

Guest MickJack

Just playing with lgcamera camcorder mode, set to 800x480 25fps. shot 20 seconds, put on PC opened in VLC - shows as 800x480 but frame rate is 19fps or 20fps. [edit- reset frame rate to 30,shot more, VLC on PC still shows video is 20fps. I have no problem with this]

found sometimes would not shoot at this setting (mostly do [edit-all are now ! ] ), not changed bit rate (5mb), needs more testing

(won't have 864x480, but attempts. won't attempt anything larger)

Another (last) Edit: dropped to 640x480 30fps, get 640x480 25fps

Edited by MickJack

Guest Rico_89

I do not have settings really, just set resolution to 800x480 and up bit rate to 10. Although I am not sure if changing bitrate is working, but I set it higher anyway.

Ok thanks..

You guys might want to check out this thread and see if his settings work for you. I haven't tried it yet, myself, but I will do as soon as I get around to installing LG camera.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/355713-best-way-to-record-video-on-huawei-ascend-g300/

Guest Kanospt

Greetings guys, I am a newbie in android phones, and I have a doubt, I got b888 what should I do to install b927? It is just make whats in the 1st post of this topic? Or should I do other things to make b927 work?

Guest Kanospt

Greetings guys, I am a newbie in android phones, and I have a doubt, I got b888 what should I do to install b927? It is just make whats in the 1st post of this topic? Or should I do other things to make b927 work?

Guest dragpyre

Welcome to the Forums, Kanospt!

Yes, the steps in the first post are more than sufficient enough to get you up and running with B927. I myself updated from B888 with no issues.

The only major issue that has been noted is the lack of 800x480 video recording natively, but third party apps accomplish this fine!

Just a little tidbit, I had to use the "middle package" (mentioned in the first post) to be able to update. So if it fails the first time, use that package, then attempt the update again.

Good Luck!

Guest rsrocha

Im on vacation and im testing this rom to the most! Navigation and gps flawless, camera is the same with the bonus you can now take panoramic photos. Video is recorded in a lower resolution but with better quality. Didnt notice slowdowns or major bugs but is indeed smoother than gb.

Battery time is far better than gb!

Guest joeyla

Just updated from B926 to B927. Had to use Zero IMEI method then instructions in this post. All went pretty smooth. Thx to all who posted their experiences, really helps.

Guest Zoranic

That went very smoothly so thanks to all those who have been posting help and comments!

I used Huawei's HiSuite to backup my phone (apps, contacts etc) and it all restored perfectly*.

First thing I noticed is the ring volume is now deafening and the UI is much smoother. And no Vodafone garbage.

*Couldn't install the excellent call forwarding widget Eazy Redirect unfortunately as Google says it's now "incompatible". I think I seen mention of some sort of fix for newly incompatible apps a few pages back so will take a look.

Guest wso277

Just updated from vodafone b892. Everything went well, had to use the middle package.

The rom looks really good, still testing it out. Going to root and install cwm