[JB] [CM10] ColdFusionX 2 for the ZTE Skate [UPDATED - 19/11]

Guest tilal6991

Guest razzmataz1478
4.1.2 seems cool hope it comes to our dear Skates :)

Knowing Google they'll have broke something for armv6 devices...but yes, it will come :)

Guest Wondrej

Tilal, were you thinking about making this ROM a teamwork thing? perhaps cooperate with more people to get more releases since you are busy with school and such? I realy like it so far, but it still needs some polishing

Guest razzmataz1478
Tilal, were you thinking about making this ROM a teamwork thing? perhaps cooperate with more people to get more releases since you are busy with school and such? I realy like it so far, but it still needs some polishing

Elaborate? This ROM already is a team thing. Even you could contribute.

Guest Wondrej

I wish I would but I know nothing of use for this... And I won't be learning programming and stuff for this sorry :) I didn't mean any harm ;)

Guest razzmataz1478

I wish I would but I know nothing of use for this... And I won't be learning programming and stuff for this sorry I didn't mean any harm

It's not hard after staring at the source code for a few hours lol ;)

Anyway, what's wrong with the ROM?

Guest creedence

I wish I would but I know nothing of use for this... And I won't be learning programming and stuff for this sorry :) I didn't mean any harm ;)

Well, that is. Then keep calm. :lol:

Guest Wondrej

It's not hard after staring at the source code for a few hours lol

Anyway, what's wrong with the ROM?

I don't have time to start with programming :) too bad. And what is wrong with the ROM I stated before; I miss the HD stream, the cammera is jittery (which I believe has something to do with the HD stream), there is no video recording and the launcher crashes from time to time, that might be caused by RAM. I know these are major issues with compatibility of 4.1 and Skate itself. But it kinda sucks. Otherwise the rom is great and I can't complain :)

Well, that is. Then keep calm.

Iam calm, but iam impatient :)

Guest e.miron

If you just read back a few pages here and on the CFX thread you will find answers to all your questions. Why don't you start with the second post on this thread where Tilal has specified very clear what works and what don't.

Guest Wondrej

If you just read back a few pages here and on the CFX thread you will find answers to all your questions. Why don't you start with the second post on this thread where Tilal has specified very clear what works and what don't.

oh geeez, thats why I don't like internet forums and all discusions on the internet. Once you criticize something even as positive feedback, you will get crucified. I've all the posts in this forum, including the first two, I know that these are known issues that aren't suppose to work yet. I was just pointing out that it would be the same, if this ROM wouldn't get updated with fixes for those.

I am cool with the development being slow, I just got a bit worried since tilal got new phone, that development will get slower and perhaps stops. I am glad, tho, that tilal said that he should continue with development anyway. But ok, I see that I should just sit and wait, and that is what I am going to do.

Guest Redstarr1

You're getting crucified because it's not positive feedback you're giving. If you'd have some genuine suggestions of how to improve on those problems you're welcome (I couldn't do that either) but it's just kind of lame of you to expect miracles to happen.

You can't blame the developers here that the OpenMax for armv6 codecs don't exist and it's no use trying to create them ourselves, if even a company like Qualcomm that has all the required knowledge and hundreds of skilled engineers won't bother. The camera is the same issue, it requires intimate knowledge of the parts in the Skate to be able to make those drivers, no amateur could do that.

I mean look at it this way: a small guy will always be a small guy, if you keep telling that guy that he's small, you're just bullying him. The Skate is a small guy...

By the way I have a Sony Xperia S and that camera doesn't even work on CM10 at all. It probably will work at some time because the SXS is expected to get an official JB update (in 2013, knowing Sony :P) Kudos to tilal for getting that far already with much less to work from.

And honestly, JB isn't even that great, there's some nifty features but in the end I just had it on my phone for bragging rights.

Guest Wondrej

You're getting crucified because it's not positive feedback you're giving. If you'd have some genuine suggestions of how to improve on those problems you're welcome (I couldn't do that either) but it's just kind of lame of you to expect miracles to happen.

You can't blame the developers here that the OpenMax for armv6 codecs don't exist and it's no use trying to create them ourselves, if even a company like Qualcomm that has all the required knowledge and hundreds of skilled engineers won't bother. The camera is the same issue, it requires intimate knowledge of the parts in the Skate to be able to make those drivers, no amateur could do that.

I mean look at it this way: a small guy will always be a small guy, if you keep telling that guy that he's small, you're just bullying him. The Skate is a small guy...

By the way I have a Sony Xperia S and that camera doesn't even work on CM10 at all. It probably will work at some time because the SXS is expected to get an official JB update (in 2013, knowing Sony ) Kudos to tilal for getting that far already with much less to work from.

And honestly, JB isn't even that great, there's some nifty features but in the end I just had it on my phone for bragging rights.

Well I don't expect miracles at all, but noone ever said these problems are not possible to solve. Thats why I am looking forward to fix for them. I know its hard to solve it. And well I know that since I can't do much about it myself its easy for me to brag about, but since noone realy explained it here (the things about drivers and such) I didn't realy know why is it on standstill.

And to be honest ZTE is not such a small guy, well its not HTC but its huge company that will only grow from now on, and if US won't be accusing it from spying on, it will grow in 2-3 by a lot.

Well I am going to back off a bit and stop whining, perhaps I am realy not the one to talk, since I know so little about the problem and sorry If I sounded as am harrasing someone or so.

Guest tilal6991

Right well I'm telling you. It is pretty much guaranteed the remaining problems will never be fixed.

On a more positive note I have built an up to date cm for the Skate and will be testing it shortly.

Guest e.miron

t noone ever said these problems are not possible to solve.

If you have had read all thread as you have said, there were dozens of times when it was stated that these are unsolvable problems. And these issues have arised ever since CM9-CFX was first posted. And answered ever since :)

Edited by e.miron

Guest Wondrej

If you have had read all thread as you have said, there is dozens of times when there was stated that these are unsolvable problems. And these issues have arised ever since CM9-CFX was first posted. And answered ever since

well same thing was said, for example, about panorma feature, that it will never work :) thats why I wasn't sure of that :)

Right well I'm telling you. It is pretty much guaranteed the remaining problems will never be fixed.

On a more positive note I have built an up to date cm for the Skate and will be testing it shortly.

And thank you tilal for definite word about this. Tho' its not a good news