[JB] [GUIDE] How to get Google Now with Voice on JellyBean [UPDATED - 20/07]

Guest tilal6991

Guest plegdroid
Just did a fresh TPT on my OMC & flashed latest CFX2 & stripped gapps, and finally got the one in the stripped gapps to work how it is intended to be used ( the hacked way )... And, I know now what the three versions of search is on the app drawer, 1 is for google now ( velvet.apk ), 1 for GoogleNow search ( googlenowvoicesearch.apk ) & 1 for Voice Search ( googlevoicesearch.apk, which is used in conjunction with Google Now Search )...

On a side note!... Was just wondering why this ROM is using a 3rd party camera app?... Is the native one not working at all?...

believe the 3rd party app was a work around, as results were gotten with it, it f/c on mine, but I did get camera zoom fx to work at it's lowest mp.

Guest trueno2k

believe the 3rd party app was a work around, as results were gotten with it, it f/c on mine, but I did get camera zoom fx to work at it's lowest mp.

I checked the Play Store and found no free JB camera, only the paid version was available, that sucks :P

Guest trueno2k

You know what would be nice is if GoogleNow could be hacked that it uses the hacked GoogleVoiceSearch app instead of it giving us "Didn't catch that" error message!?... Saves us users time to having to exit out of GoogleNow and then launch the hacked GoogleVoiceSearch app just to go back into GoogleNow again!... BUT, if that can not be done then thats fair enough and I'll just leave it be... :P

Guest razzmataz1478

You know what would be nice is if GoogleNow could be hacked that it uses the hacked GoogleVoiceSearch app instead of it giving us "Didn't catch that" error message!?... Saves us users time to having to exit out of GoogleNow and then launch the hacked GoogleVoiceSearch app just to go back into GoogleNow again!... BUT, if that can not be done then thats fair enough and I'll just leave it be... :P

You could make Google Now launch the hacked package, but there's no point in that because you might as well just open it from the app drawer.

Guest trueno2k
You could make Google Now launch the hacked package, but there's no point in that because you might as well just open it from the app drawer.
There is a point to my madness!... So what if you're already in Google Now and you want to do another voice search???... Well, you'll need to back out of/exit Google Now and then open up the app drawer ( if you pressed the home key/button ) then run the hacked GoogleNowVoiceSearch app again!... And if you have to do that every time you want to re-do a voice search it can get very very annoying, do you get my drift now?... Edited by trueno2k

Guest razzmataz1478
There is a point to my madness!... So what if you're already in Google Now and you want to do another voice search???... Well, you'll need to back out of/exit Google Now and then open up the app drawer ( if you pressed the home key/button ) then run the hacked GoogleNowVoiceSearch app again!... And if you have to do that every time you want to re-do a voice search it can get very very annoying, do you get my drift now?...

OK, I see your point..

Guest trueno2k
trueno, that's something I mentioned would be a good idea somewhere, if at all possible. :)
Sorry, I never knew it was already mentioned earlier, that's proof of me not reading the whole thread LOL... Normally only read the last couple of days of posts to see what current issues were talked about :P

@Lalit

If it can be done, then that's brilliant!... Not really fussed when you can get it done, just as long it can be done will suffice for me... ;)

On a side note does anyone get a app stopped pop up message when they try to load the "Manage location settings" within "Privacy and accounts" settings of Google Now?... Where does this function take to and where else can I in settings find this function besides in "Privacy and accounts" settings?...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest Hink255

I'm having some trouble following this. I've done the following:

Flashed the rom

Flashed the zip from step 1

Flashed link2sd fix

At this point I don't have gmail and I only have 1 google voice (someone above said that they had 3?). The voice on the google app doesn't work, just says did'nt catch that.

I've set my cache to 2mb and system to 230mb.

Any advice please?

Guest Redstarr1

I'm having some trouble following this. I've done the following:

Flashed the rom

Flashed the zip from step 1

Flashed link2sd fix

At this point I don't have gmail and I only have 1 google voice (someone above said that they had 3?). The voice on the google app doesn't work, just says did'nt catch that.

I've set my cache to 2mb and system to 230mb.

Any advice please?

Gmail is not in that gapps-zip, you can get it from the Store or transfer it from the regular JB gapps (found on goo).

Flash 15/8 gapps from Lalit's folder in goo http://goo.im/devs/t...15-stripped.zip should help

Are you sure about 15/8 gapps? I thought I read somewhere that 15/8 broke Google Now. I'm setting up CFX2 on my phone now, so that's why I'm asking :).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest felystar

I have tried it, but it doesnt work. I installed the gapps you said, then xopied voice search apk to system/app and rebooted. When I enter voice search it works but when I go to Google Now it says "I did not understand you please try again" just after I click the mic. And when I try to move down screen to see more things, it doesnt move, only google bar moves :( The app works because I did everything you say in the post and it told me the weather. I have cFx2 16/09

Edited by felystar

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Klintonola2j

currently running jb rom 19/11 and neither Google now voice search nor installed voice search work always fc :excl: just wondering if there is a way to fix this thank you :)

NB. already tried the steps in first post and installation of voice search apk failed as there is and the installed app keeps conflicting with signatures and what have you