CWM or TWRP?

Guest chapelblade

Guest chapelblade

I have just unlocked and rooted my Nexus 7 using the nexus root toolkit. I also installed a recovery. I then downloaded Paul's excellent custom rom which I tried to install using ClockworkMod but it wasn't there!. The recovery installed was TWRP which worked ok but I was expecting CWM. Is TWRP a replacement for CWM?

Guest achim w.

I was curious enough to switch from CWM to TWRP (it's kind of hard to leave all your backups of all the fine ROMs configured and all behind :( But sometimes you need to say good bye to things to learn new stuff :)

And I have to say I don't really regret the change. The UI is much better then the CWM one (even the CWM Touch version). Everything works alright especially Backup and Restore doesn't make any problems (which is rather important to me because I like to switch between ROMs).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Androidlover287

i would go for CWM i have used TWRP before and in my opinion CWM is a lot better

I am currently on TWRP recovery, i find the UI much easier (bigger buttons, no accidental pressing) and it looks a lot better

Guest the juggernaut

I am currently on TWRP recovery, i find the UI much easier (bigger buttons, no accidental pressing) and it looks a lot better

in my opinion CWM is a more refined recovery