knackered phone

Guest jpbroad1970

Once it is stuck like that (after Power + Volume Down startup) then plug in the USB. The PC should then see it in an emergency/maintenance firmware "Bootloader" mode and then reflashing CWM Recovery from the PC should hopefully work.

Edited by Hogweed

ok i vol - +power phone vibrated and on huawei screen and nothing else happening cwm not loading

that's what's supposed to happen. You're in bootloader mode and can talk to the phone from a usb connected pc

Only hold volume+ and power on for cwm

Been through that option:-) jpbroad1970 says it doesn't work unfortunately. Although triple checking that probably worthwhile. Seems bootloader mode is working though.

Loads of links here http://www.modaco.co...815ascend-g-300

At this point it doesn't really matter which version you put on. Any will do for now.

Ultimately you want to issue the dos command "fastboot flash recovery filename.img" where filename.img is the real file name. there are batch files which do it all for you but the important thing to know is if Windows is now seeing your device when plugged in in Bootloader mode. If so then continue.

Edited by Hogweed

Guest jpbroad1970

argh ok windows isnt seeing my phone in boot loader mode even though the drivers are installed which i can do from the pink screen but then when you load on boot loader nothing

argh ok windows isnt seeing my phone in boot loader mode even though the drivers are installed which i can do from the pink screen but then when you load on boot loader nothing

I'm not really following here. Did Windows prompt you to install drivers and/or do it itself? If so it must be visible to the PC at that point by definition. What does it see the phone as on the "Pink Screen"?

How do you know it isn't seeing the phone in Bootloader mode? have you checked device manager?

Edited by Hogweed

Guest jpbroad1970

I'm not really following here. Did Windows prompt you to install drivers and/or do it itself? If so it must be visible to the PC at that point by definition. What does it see the phone as on the "Pink Screen"?

How do you know it isn't seeing the phone in Bootloader mode? have you checked device manager?

it doesnt it just installs the drivers and then shows nothing under my computer

it doesnt it just installs the drivers and then shows nothing under my computer

It isn't supposed to show up in "My Computer" at that stage. But if Windows successfully installs the drivers then you can be absolutely sure it sees the phone and the phone responded like it was supposed to (ie isn't bricked) . Now just attempt to flash a CWM recovery image from the PC using the methods in the thread I linked to. Or see section 3 of http://www.modaco.co...-and-i-cant-do/

Edited by Hogweed

usb debugging and unknown devices ,were they enabled before.if so then the drivers will be their and you can run clockworkmod ,

Bootloader fastboot methods should work regardless of Android settings (assuming unlocked bootloader) - unlike adb commands.

Edited by Hogweed

I'm not entirely convinced that you are trying to enter cwm properly.

Pull the battery, wait a few seconds then replace.

Holding the volume + and then power button untill the ph boots (no usb connected)

This should take you to boot recovery (orange writing=cwm) (blue writing=stock recovery)

Just curious how long were you using b936 for before flashing b940 over

Guest droiddruid

Holding the volume + and then power button untill the ph boots (no usb connected)

This should take you to boot recovery (orange writing=cwm) (blue writing=stock recovery)

This!

Guest jpbroad1970

ok just followed this to the letter and when it boots i have white huawei logo with the crest

i was on 936 for a while with no problems but i installed this as update app

i thought i was being clever putting cwm on

im sure i used it wrong as i put the zip of 940 on my sd card to install but i have formatted now

Edited by jpbroad1970

Guest jpbroad1970

ok next bit of info

the only way the phone is recognised to install the drivers is on the pink screen it beeps on connection and disconection then but on vol + or - it does nothing

While the phone is recognised by the computer (however it was started) and the drivers installed can you try installing CWM recovery and see what happens?

Follow these instructions for an automated install

Download this http://www.multiupload.co.uk/H9KCMGV1UJ

Unzip the above and then double click 'install-cwmrecovery-windows.bat'

What happens?

Guest jpbroad1970

ok it just sits waiting for device and wont go any further even though my pc can see the phone with the pink screen and it doesnt work on the up or down vol way either

how long do i have to hold the button to boot cwm