How To root your San Diego

Guest benichou

Guest Has-Ja3

Hi guys, just received my phone. Im on stock Orange ICS, i tried to use the root tool but it wouldnt work, I dont know if its because like some people have said that root doesnt really work on Orange ICS, or because i am using Windows 8?, I have changed the settings in Intel driver to run through Windows 7 and it installed fine, when i open up sandiego.exe and have my phone connected and press 7 to root, nothing happens, am i doing something wrong?

Is the XOLO ICS safe to use in the U.K?, i will have reception, wifi etc?, all i need is root as i just want to remove bloatware, is there another way i can root?

thank you.

Guest ansafrahim

Guys,

i found a way to root our deer San Diego!

i just edited the script from Binary from XDA forum. so thanks him ^^

and it is working, but we need the x86 version of busybox.

so if someone find it, please post it:

to root your san diego, you need:

ICS

Intel android driver

your phone with debug usb on (Parameters->about->advanced parameters-> tick the first line :))

to download this archive https://www.box.com/...z0i904buoryr67w

and run the RunMe.bat,

your devices should reboot twice, and then you have root and the superuser application!

enjoy :)

PS: because we dont have the right version of busybox, some applications will not run, like LBE privacy guard

sorry for the linux user, i did not edit the script, i think you just need to change in the do_copy function, to remove the /data/tmp/busybox before mount -o .:-> i edited the file and updated the archvie, but i have not test it

Hi just one off topic question, are you aware of screen calibration issue in san diego and how to fix them on root? My san diego has bad calibration and typing is a chore. Can you please help me with it.

Thanks

Guest john91919

Hi,

I have had my OSD replaced under warranty for a faulty power button.

I am trying to root it and enable the SD card using the same software I used last time but i can't get it to work.

There seems to be a problem with superuser, it doesnt let me give rights to adbd so it doesn't run.

I downloaded superuser form google play, iss this the right one?

Cheers

John

Edited by john91919

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hi,

I have had my OSD replaced under warranty for a faulty power button.

I am trying to root it and enable the SD card using the same software I used last time but i can't get it to work.

There seems to be a problem with superuser, it doesnt let me give rights to adbd so it doesn't run.

I downloaded superuser form google play, iss this the right one?

Cheers

John

The tool itself will install SU and adb.

Guest utternoob

Hi all

Tried to root just now by running the script after installing the drivers. I got normal mode, and then it just sat at running for a long time. Is there a minimum period of time to wait?

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hi all

Tried to root just now by running the script after installing the drivers. I got normal mode, and then it just sat at running for a long time. Is there a minimum period of time to wait?

If it dosen't appear to be doing anything try unplugging the phone and then put it back.

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hi,

Can someone give a link for superuser. When I run the tool I can see the adbd being copied but no mention superuser.

Cheers

John

You can download it from the Play Store but of course you need to be rooted. The aio tool pushes it straight after adb is pushed, you'll find the apk in the C:\SanDiego\tools folder.

Guest Cozworth806

I got my replaced San diego today. My first one rooted fine but that had ICS from the outset.

This one had GB but I updated that to ICS with an OTA update.

However as mentioned about the tool I have run, both with AIO and this one, just sits at the "running" stage

When I try to execute adbd its says that Superuser access is needed but could not be acquired.

Tried pulling the USB and it causes the prog to finish but still doesn't allow access to adbd

Guest john91919

Hi.

Still having problems rooting.

I have copied the 2 apk files but I don't get the adbd box up to tick and superuser doesnt do anything either.

What am I doing wrong?

If this is the latest software update (with signal boost) does this mean I can't root it?

Cheers

John

Guest john91919

Hi,

Xolo and orange flash don't work.

I get a blue android with "android boot" after each failed attempt with requires a power off to restart the phone.

Don't really understand why this is happening had no problem with the previous OSD.

Do I need root for mounting the sd card?

Cheers

John

Guest BlueMoonRising

Hi,

Xolo and orange flash don't work.

I get a blue android with "android boot" after each failed attempt with requires a power off to restart the phone.

Don't really understand why this is happening had no problem with the previous OSD.

Do I need root for mounting the sd card?

Cheers

John

It's because of Orange and Xolo trying to block the exploit, which considering Orange at least have already discontinued it, is really peeing me off.

And yes, you need root to mount the SD card.

Guest BlueMoonRising

So does this mean it can't be rooted?

Think you need to use the aio tool to downgrade first. Once you have don't accept any OTA update again.

Guest noobordumb

Hi

Right now I am about to buy a Orange San Diego but right now is the root process stable? Or do I have to install a Rom first because I am a complete noob.if someone can make a guide on how to do this because I don't want to brick this phone

Also does the SD card work because I am a gamer

Edited by noobordumb

Guest john91919

Hi,

Can't get anything to work.

Can't get root to work adbd is not giving me the option to tick the box and superuser doesn't see any apps or seem to do anything.

I can't flash the orange ICS (option 2 I think) or downgrade (32). Nothing seems to work with this warranty swappout phone.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Does anyone look at these pages any more?

Cheers

John