How to free SIM UNLOCK your G300

Guest margityu

Guest no1jester

i am unable to get passed Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background open (pass is 0 (ZERO)) I get a MSG saying qualcomm background unlock failed

yes i used to get codes from http://www.onlinegsmunlock.com . getting unlock codes from third party online vendors is an easy way to get our mobile phones unlocked... is there any other cheap source for it?

I bought my G300 unlock code from ebay. I received the unlock code the next day and it cost £4.74. Item Number - 111003966612

Edited by djmack

Hello all, and thanks for making this available. I got as far as this part:

7. Go to Ports button to open Ports window and then double click on dbAdapter Reserved Interface.

but I see nothing in the ports window. I think the phone hasn't been detected properly. Do I need to install a driver of some kind?

Cheers,

Alex

edit - did eventually get this to work, but bought the unlock code off ebay instead.

Edited by 4lex

Guest plewis1981

Thanks for the guide and all the info after reading this whole topic it ONLY took 3 hours to unlock my phone.

i had a little trouble zeroing my imei but got there in the end.

thanks again everyone :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I followed this guide and the SIM unlock worked. IMEI is the same as before (since that was edited by the DFS tool), but the serial number changed, so I guess no more warranty. The other thing is that the Wi-Fi MAC address changed to cc:bb:aa:**:**:** and what's more irritating is that it changes every reboot (but always starting with cc:bb:aa)! Anyone has a solution for this problem? I have my original MAC address written down. Can I somehow write it back and stop this changing?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sharkyo01

Hi everyone,

I followed this guide and the SIM unlock worked. IMEI is the same as before (since that was edited by the DFS tool), but the serial number changed, so I guess no more warranty. The other thing is that the Wi-Fi MAC address changed to cc:bb:aa:**:**:** and what's more irritating is that it changes every reboot (but always starting with cc:bb:aa)! Anyone has a solution for this problem? I have my original MAC address written down. Can I somehow write it back and stop this changing?

Look at this but also not mentioned is that your s/n number is changed as well...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1878506

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest PhoneUser911

Hello everyone in this fabulous forum.Here is how I managed to unlock my G300 from the network where I picked up the phone on contract.

Its only working when you are in stock rom

FIRST: you need files that are used to zero the IMEI.Here is the link(http://g300.thebrona...0-downgrade.zip

)

SECOND: make your IMEI to be 0 or other than your IMEI.

THIRD:follow this tutorial:

1. You must enter the engineering menu. Dial * # * # 2846579 # * # *

2. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Manufacture mode

3. Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background open (pass is 0 (ZERO))

4. Exit the engineering menu and turn on USB debugging (settings/developer tools/usb debugging)

6. On PC install the DFS Tool (http://cdmatool.com/Demo).Connect the phone and run DFS tool.

7. Go to Ports and double click on dbAdapter Reserved Interface.

8. Close the Ports window and click on SPC.In DFS log must write UNLOCKED DEVICE.

9. If this OK go to Programming and type your IMEI in right place. (you can read Imei from phone box)

10. Click write.

11. When all finish go to ports and disabe dbAdapter Reserved Interface.Unplug your phone.

12. Go to engineering menu again.

13. Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Normal mode

14. Back to Background setting and go to OTP NV filter switch and click Confirm

15. Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background close.

16. Restart Phone.

Thats all.. you now have YOUR IMEI!!! Dial *#06# for check.

Thanks to cicki for founding this tutorial and thanks to tutorial maker :)

YOU DO IT AT ONLY YOUR RISK!!!

Now when you finish with that you can go to Toolbox5irom.apk on your phone and make a backup of UNLOCKED IMEI of your phone.

Guys,

I apologise for asking questions on something which appears to be straight forward but I am getting Qualcomm Background Unlock Failed and here is the step

Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background open (pass is 0 (ZERO))

I have tried:

1. 0 and then pressed confirm
  2. typed ZERO and then pressed confirm
  3. 0000 and then pressed confirm
  4. 1234 and then pressed confirm

I just got the phone today and its on 4.0.3 and with Vodafone (UK)

Has the password changed?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest oxosp

Hi first of all I would like to thank all contributors for these guides. I spent a lot of time browsing trough topics, getting every possible problem, reading replies to get answers, so i deceided to write down what I did if I ever have to do it again, here's a copypaste of the complete proccess, no credits go to me it's all from other users. I don't have the time to look for all the names but it all started from this topic.

1. Root phone:

1.1 Download: http://forum.xda-dev...54&d=1345783532

1.2 Extract the .exe file inside the .zip to your desktop.

-turn antivirus off if the file disappears

1.3 Go into Settings>Developer Options and check on USB Debugging.

1.4 Plug your phone to the computer with your USB cable.

1.5 Run unlockbootloader.exe

1.6 Click "Root" and let it do everything, it will prompt up with a few warnings saying don't use your keyboard because CMD is running.

- if a problem with drivers appear download: http://dfiles.eu/files/2fyv2nqq1

- open "...\Drivers Pack Android x32-x64\Huawei\AutoInstall Drivers (Windows 7)" and run DriverSetup or DriverSetup64

- Go back to 1.5

2. Unlock the SIM (this will change your IMEI):

2.1 Download http://g300.thebrona...0-downgrade.zip

2.2 Install toolbox5irom.apk on your phone and open it

2.3 Do a IMEI backup with toolbox5irom.apk If it fails, you might not have root.

2.4 Save the resulting folder “5irom” on the SD card root, to desktop. Keep it if you might need to go back to your locked phone later.

2.5 Rename “5irom” to “imeibackup” on the SD card.

2.6 Copy the OTHER “5irom” folder from the “g300-downgrade.zip” file to the SD card root.

2.7 Write down your IMEI by dialing: *#06#

2.8 Restore the modified IMEI using toolbox5irom.apk - if it doesn’t restore, restart the phone.

2.9 Restart your phone. The phone could crash 2 or 3 times.

2.10 Check your IMEI by tipying *#06# Your IMEI will now either be zero or not your own.

- if it's not 0 you need to install a stock ROM

- look for one in huawei website, support, software, search for g300, choose one

- Copy dload folder on SD Card

- Go to Storage, Upgrade

- Reboot, check your IMEI with *#06#, should be 0

3. Write your real IMEI back in:

3.1 On your phone you must enter the engineering menu. Dial * # * # 2846579 # * # *

3.2 Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Manufacture mode, reboot.

3.3 Once rebooted, back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background open (pass is 0 (ZERO))

3.4 Exit the engineering menu and turn on USB debugging (settings/developer tools/usb debugging)

3.5 On PC install the DFS Tool (http://cdmatool.com/Demo).Connect the phone and run DFS tool.

3.6 Go to Ports button to open Ports window and then double click on dbAdapter Reserved Interface.

3.7 Close the Ports window and click on SPC. Look at DFS log (Click on Log button to open log window if DFS log window not already open) - you should see write UNLOCKED DEVICE.

3.8 If this is OK go to Programming Tab on main window and type your original IMEI in the IMEI field. (you can read IMEI from phone box)

3.9 Click write button (under read button). The DFS Log should have a completed message on it (forget what exactly) when this has finished - took around 15sec for me.

3.10 When all finish go to ports and disable dbAdapter Reserved Interface by double clicking on it.. Now unplug your phone.

3.11 Go to engineering menu again.

3.12 Go to ProjectMenu/Background setting/Usb ports setting and select Normal mode

3.13 Back to Background setting and go to OTP NV filter switch and click Confirm

3.14 Back to Background setting and go to Qualcomm background open setting and select background close.

3.15 Restart Phone.

3.16 Check your IMEI with *#06# should be the real one

edit: I would like to add that after doing this I installed CM10.1 mod and it's everything good, simlock doesn't come back, IMEI stays the good one

Edited by oxosp

Guest sharkyo01

Too honest for less then £5 you can get it unlocked, why possibly muck your phone for that price and for that time people are reporting is a £5er worth 2/3 hours worth of your time! Also think about the price you paid for the phone. Worth causing all them problems for the price of an unlock code?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Paulzie

Warning: suggest use OEMINFO-Hack-Tool-v10 rather than the 5irom advised in this thread to do the IMEI zeroing and restoration.

That's because, unlike 5irom, it doesn't overwrite the modem partitions (10/11). As a result I had great success with OEMINFO which saw my Aussie G300 use the modem drivers from update that was applied. 5irom caused many problem ranging from lost 3G signalling, setting some random IMEI changing and low battery life from presumably restoring my 2.3.6 modem 10/11 partitions.

Guest ursulavasey

If anyone is still interested in unlocking their G300 (among others) for free please look at this thread. (hope I can post links to other sites?)

https://community.gi...EE/td-p/8681154

This method on giffgaff says that the g300 will probably not work, and I can't see anyone who has tested it - unless I missed something.

Guest sharkyo01

This method on giffgaff says that the g300 will probably not work, and I can't see anyone who has tested it - unless I missed something.

But I would highly recommend you do not use this method either. So I would prefer to get a code from them guys for free and really hope it works!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest plewis1981

Is it possible to hacck the imei after unlocking the bootloader officially. As when I restore any imei that is not my true original backup the bootloader is re locked?

Guest sharkyo01

No imei backup just takes a copy of your imei stamp / system apps. The bootloader should still be unlocked. But I would seriously not use this method for unlocking your phone any way. - Pay £3.75 and be done with it.

You can always check with the bootloader checker

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest plewis1981

After flashing my hacked imei the bootloader relocks on a stock ROM and gives an error about invalid signature when running a custom ROM. I would pay the £3.75 but I have no means of making a digital payment :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tozinho

No imei backup just takes a copy of your imei stamp / system apps. The bootloader should still be unlocked. But I would seriously not use this method for unlocking your phone any way. - Pay £3.75 and be done with it.

You can always check with the bootloader checker

Could you please tell me where can I find the bootloader checker for this phone?

Many thanks...

Guest sharkyo01

Could you please tell me where can I find the bootloader checker for this phone?

Many thanks...

Have a look around the forum

Guest soilengreen

Hi, I have unlocked mi phone with this methmod, all ok but but two problems. MAC address wifi & bluetooth changes in every reboot, the wifi mac it is not a really problem but the bluetooth mac it is big problem.

It possible fix this?

Regard.

Guest george109

Many thanks...

Look at the tutorial in my signature. If you follow the first post and then click "I don't have a clue". You can check your bootloader that way.

Guest sharkyo01

Hi, I have unlocked mi phone with this methmod, all ok but but two problems. MAC address wifi & bluetooth changes in every reboot, the wifi mac it is not a really problem but the bluetooth mac it is big problem.

It possible fix this?

Regard.

If you read though the pages on this thread you would of seen that I did recommend that people didnt use this method as it screws all your settings up!

If it was me I would reload your IMEI backup on then reflash to stock and get an unlock code. But reflashing your IMEI does do a lot of damage to the phone.

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest soilengreen

If I used this method is because I have no other solution. my phone comes from the technical service where they changed the motherboard and no codes available for the new imei

Guest sharkyo01

If I used this method is because I have no other solution. my phone comes from the technical service where they changed the motherboard and no codes available for the new imei

I would of used the unlock gsk server to get it unlocked for the less then 5 euros. Because of the risks and how dangerous DFS tool is!