[RECOVERY] [CWM] ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.5 [CM] [Last updated: 21/12]

Guest Dazzozo

I flashed CWM again with the version 6.0.1.8, but I just don't know how can I update to 6.0.4.5. 

You just flash the 6.0.4.5 (or any other version) zip from the CWM that you have installed (e.g. 6.0.1.8 here) if that's what you want!

Edited by dalyer

Guest truman8

You just flash the 6.0.4.5 (or any other version) zip from the CWM that you have installed (e.g. 6.0.1.8 here) if that's what you want!

Maybe I am doing something wrong. :blush: So, I am in CWM 6018 and I select install zip from sdcard, but I don't see the CWM 6045.img. 

Maybe I am doing something wrong. :blush: So, I am in CWM 6018 and I select install zip from sdcard, but I don't see the CWM 6045.img. 

If you want to flash it with recovery, you need the ZIP, not the IMG.

IMG is for flashing with fastboot method.

If you want to flash it with recovery, you need the ZIP, not the IMG.

IMG is for flashing with fastboot method.

Exactly...  :(

Did you check that the CWM zip was intact before flashing it? If there's no MD5 or similar checksum then at least open it in 7Zip or the like to check that it's a valid zip.

You might want to try flashing stock B952 update.app again and then starting from scratch - bootloader unlock, root, CWM, custom ROM?

Or maybe try flashing CWM again - but this time using the img file (not zip file) via ADB. This method is documented somewhere on the forum so search for it.

You just flash the 6.0.4.5 (or any other version) zip from the CWM that you have installed (e.g. 6.0.1.8 here) if that's what you want

Edited by dalyer

Guest DuckDaffy

Bricked over night.

Yesterday evening I updated Recovery and ROM (and installed some apps), connected to charger and today morning was dead.

I own this phone just 20 hours only... :(

• Phone: Huawei Ascend G300 u8815 Vodafone
  • Memory: Hynix
  • Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.5 - R8, recovery-clockwork-6.0.4.5-u8815-R8.img
  • ROM: STOCK+ ROM, based on official ICS 4.0.3 B960, StockPlus-B960-R6.zip
  • Baseband: 2030

Before was installed:

• Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.2.7 - R4, recovery-clockwork-hybrid-6.0.2.7-u8815-R4.img
  • ROM: CyanogenMod ROM 10.1 Experimental, cm-10.1-20130127-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R1.zip

Now the phone is detected on the USB (without battery) as VID 05C6 PID 9008 (Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008), but no drivers (MS Windows) found yet.

Is exist any known way how to unbrick G300 - repartition flash from scratch thru low level Qualcomm interface and copy right binaries?

Thx!

Edited by DuckDaffy

I think that R8 of CWM has the 3.4 kernel and the suspicion is that this caused (or accelerated) the bricking of Hynix eMMC.

If it's a Hynix eMMC brick then I don't think that there's any recovery possible.

Your only option is repair (under warranty if still applicable).

Sorry! :(

However if it's still showing some signs of life when attached then it may not be as catastrophic as an eMMC brick...

Edited by dalyer

Guest DuckDaffy

Thx for answer.

I think the core of problem is not primarly in Hynix eMMC failure, but in kernel, which accidently do wrong write into begin of flash memory and make brick.

But it is not explanation why Samsung memory probably has not this problems.

Developers certainly must have some process how to change bricked phone to life thru USB Qualcomm interface.

Think about how the phone manufactures. Probably without preprogrammed flash. ;)

Warranty repair is possible, but why change motherboard when manufacture program process can be applicable.

Guest DuckDaffy

Is here somebody who can do with QPST tools and somebody who has internal flash RAW image of G300?

Inspired here:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/165977049/Qualcomm-Msm7227-Ffa-3g

and here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1856327

I want to unbrick my G300. :)

I do not found similar documentation for Snapdragon S1 MSM7227A, but check for luck here. ;)

Thx for answer.

I think the core of problem is not primarly in Hynix eMMC failure, but in kernel, which accidently do wrong write into begin of flash memory and make brick.

But it is not explanation why Samsung memory probably has not this problems.

Developers certainly must have some process how to change bricked phone to life thru USB Qualcomm interface.

Think about how the phone manufactures. Probably without preprogrammed flash. ;)

Warranty repair is possible, but why change motherboard when manufacture program process can be applicable.

Sometimes phones are bricked such that they can only be recovered using JTAG. 

That's not easy.

Maybe QPST can solve some problems though.

However phones bricked as a result of the strongly suspected "Hynix eMMC" problem seem to be totally dead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Bobby Steed

Thanks. How do I install it? I have installed a previous version in the past, but now when I try, having powered on holding volume up, it says

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

I have verified the zip file on the SD card using WinRAR.

Guest dalyer

Thanks. How do I install it? I have installed a previous version in the past, but now when I try, having powered on holding volume up, it says

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

I have verified the zip file on the SD card using WinRAR.

Copy the CWM zip to your sdcard.

Boot into the version of CWM already installed.

Choose the new CWM zip and install it.

If that doesn't work then you may need to install the img file version using ADB.

This process is documented somewhere else on the forum but I don't know where offhand.

• 1 month later...
Guest Dovahpig

^Good job. Is it still under warranty? I bricked mine few weeks ago and send it back for the repair. They changed the motherboard and its with samsung memory now.

• 1 month later...
Guest Meglestus

Guys, even though it says that Hynix MIGHT be fixed, it probably is not, as long as it is not 100% confirmed that hynix is fixed I would advice against using cm11, there are 2 other Android versions widly suported here, GB and ICS (not including JB as it was a s*** upgrate). 

My advice would go to any ROM of Kyan31, at least for GB.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ngiulett

Hi,

i have CWM 6.0.1.2 recovery and i want to install KK on my g300(2030 baseband with GBXTREME rom), so i need to update recovery.

1. i don't have Hynix chip so i need to install R8 version?

2. can i update the recovery using "Install zip from sdcard" ? or i need to update it with fastboot ecc? because i am not expert 

Edited by Ngiulett

• 2 weeks later...
Guest earthwalker

Hi guys

My G300 has the Samsung chip, there's no problems installing R8 version right ?

By the way, is there any guide to help me install it ?

Thanks

Guest dalyer

R8 should be fine if you have Samsung eMMC,

You can flash a new version of CWM (using the zip) from CWM or TWRP if you have it installed.

If not this might help you to flash the img file.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest truman8

Hello, 

Some months ago I did rooted the phone and installed CM11, but the phone was now slow and also my microsd card broke. The bad thing is I just can't install CWM. I did some reset and I see few options like "load from sd, wipe..."
I have tried to use Rom Manager, but no luck. How can I install CWM?

The phone appears to be rooted, but I get a error like "device not found" :(