[RECOVERY] [CWM] ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.5 [CM] [Last updated: 21/12]

Guest Dazzozo

But it's an SD card. Logically it should be completely ignored by CWM unless explicitly wiped.

I understand completely, not trying to be an ass. But after using the previous versions which treated that partition like a second data partition, and then using Link2SD to use that partition as app storage, I got used to that app storage being backed up and restored with my roms when doing a nandroid.

I wouldn't expect you to fork because I know the way you are doing it is the technically correct way. I just wanted clarification.

Also, in previous versions that partiton was wiped as part of the full wipe/factory reset option. Which is another reason why I wanted clarification on how it was handled in this version. It's all clear now, thanks.

Edited by Cyda

Guest oldfella

I flashed CM9 using CWM4 and it left apps ex link2sd on the 2 Gig card, which subsequently caused a problem in the first boot.

I cleared dalvik cache and reflashed, and all was fine

I flashed CM9 using CWM4 and it left apps ex link2sd on the 2 Gig card, which subsequently caused a problem in the first boot.

I cleared dalvik cache and reflashed, and all was fine

That sounds.. odd. Normally v4 of CWM will wipe the internal storage (/datadata as it is mounted in v4) when you do a wipe/factory reset. And even if that doesn't happen then when you install CM9 you remove the mount script for sdext2 so even if the apps are still there, the partition should not be mounted as sdext2 and should therefore not have any effect on the system.

Edited by Cyda

Guest oldfella

when the first boot had finished it started the "Android is updating" - presumably the apps on the 2 Gig card - I am sure I did a reset and there werent enough apps updated to be my complete set.

as soon as that finished it got into a loop with a series of Rom apps having a problem.

Guest tcpaulh

If you're new and don't have cwm installed but you have unlocked your bootloader you can install recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.8-u8815-R3 from windows with http://www.solidfile...m/d/8736243461/

You need to connect the phone in bootloader mode first by powering on while pressing volume down until it holds at the splash screen

Edited by tcpaulh

Guest andy/newbie

sorry if this has already been answered,i can not flash any roms on r1-r2-or r3 cwm can i just flash an older one so i can flash bk to infusion? i like cy9 but as i can not play flash content and 6 guns is allways laggy,its a shame as its loads better in other ways,and if i can flash an older version of cwm will my bk up still work the one i have made in r2 just incase of any desasters.thanks for any help in advance

sorry if this has already been answered,i can not flash any roms on r1-r2-or r3 cwm can i just flash an older one so i can flash bk to infusion? i like cy9 but as i can not play flash content and 6 guns is allways laggy,its a shame as its loads better in other ways,and if i can flash an older version of cwm will my bk up still work the one i have made in r2 just incase of any desasters.thanks for any help in advance
you can usually only recover backups from the same version of cwm

Guest PaulMilbank

Just get the recovery you were on and flash back to that then use as normal. That said, I had a backup from 5.0.2.8 recovery and I was able to restore it using 6.0.1.8.

is the page you are referring to this one? http://www.modaco.co...date-root-more/

If I understand correctly I should follow the steps on this page (http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/re-root-unlock-bootloader-install-clockworkmod-recovery/) and then at step 18 use the file located at

Edited by CHINCB

Ciao Daz, with CWM v6.0.1.8 R3 and CM9 R2, when i turn off the phone and i put on charge, it resume the after 10 minutes.

It's a know bug (cwm 4 had a similar issue) or there is some setting i can adjuste :blush: ? thx

Guest Fagulhas

Just to let everyone know, the reboots are finally fixed, while still mantaining the fix to the symlink errors. So thats pretty much all the bugs fixed, unless i forgot something. (sdcard partition menu also fixed with some recent CWM code changes)

Comming soon on a v4 release.

Just to let everyone know, the reboots are finally fixed, while still mantaining the fix to the symlink errors. So thats pretty much all the bugs fixed, unless i forgot something. (sdcard partition menu also fixed with some recent CWM code changes)

Comming soon on a v4 release.

Great news

Awesome work

Thanks - works great. My "wish list" for future would be:

1. ability to scroll up/down menus by holding vol key (as opposed to repeatedly pressing it)

2. an alternative method (to power key) for selecting items e.g touching "home" softkey

Guest Dazzozo

Thanks - works great. My "wish list" for future would be:

1. ability to scroll up/down menus by holding vol key (as opposed to repeatedly pressing it)

Is that not already the case? :o

2. an alternative method (to power key) for selecting items e.g touching "home" softkey

This isn't possible in CWM 6. The functionality doesn't exist anymore but Fagulhas is working on a fork.

Guest Fagulhas

Like Dazzozo said, i'm working on a fork of CWM, that will enable us to change a few more stuff.Expect a new recovery soon, with some touch love added to it.

Like Dazzozo said, i'm working on a fork of CWM, that will enable us to change a few more stuff.Expect a new recovery soon, with some touch love added to it.

Thanks to you and daz for your work on this phone Fagulhas!

Guest Fagulhas

Does anyone know if I can flash CWM back to 5.0.2.8 from 6.0.1.9 without any problems?

You can with no problems. May i ask why tho? Did you had any issue with it?

You can with no problems. May i ask why tho? Did you had any issue with it?

I flashed the latest Infusion B06 with it an got the SD card bug issue. My default storage does not stick on SD card, it reverts back to Internal storage, I never had the problem with previous version of Infusion (B01-B05) and the only thing I can think of that I have done differently is update CWM to 6.0.1.9. I read in a post about Link2Int-R1 that "It seems the new CWM 6 doesn't mount system correctly when flashing the zips. To get around this; boot to CWM go to Mounts and Storage > unmount /system and then mount /system again. Then go and flash the zip as normal, this worked for me and Link2Int is working again for me."

Post #22

I'm only guessing as I'm new to all this but is it worth a go?