Where to get adbd-insecure?

Guest puj

Hey when starting the AIO tool it says to "please run adbd-insecure and click the box then remove and reconnect usb then click to continue" where does one get this from?

So far i have downloaded all of the files and have installed the intel drivers and enabled USB debugging, not really sure what to do next in roder to root and enable SD card.

Yes, you need root to use it.

The tool thread really needs a clean-up or a couple of point-by-point tutorials, the tool does so many different things that people are talking at cross purposes on it at various points.

You do not need adbd-insecure to obtain root.

Yes, you need root to use it.

The tool thread really needs a clean-up or a couple of point-by-point tutorials, the tool does so many different things that people are talking at cross purposes on it at various points.

You do not need adbd-insecure to obtain root.

Ok cool, so in order to root how does adb need to be setup? i am getting "adb.exe is not recognised as an internal or external command"

For working with the 'phone after root I got a package from a Linux PPA which works fine (I was worried it might not "do" x86)

I'm more comfortable in **ix these days.

There is nothing to stop you writing your own guide on the forum rather than waiting for ricky to update his own thread.

I'm aware of that and I'm not disparaging Ricky in the least, he does sterling work and I will recognise that in a small way financially once I get paid again. I'm just pointing out that a lot of what's in the AIO thread works at tangents or refers to old builds (or in one specific case is just incorrect - that caught me for a while) and coming to it as a total noob (as I did) you can end up chasing your tail by following the advice there.

I will see what I can do on the guide front.