[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest wbrambley
Hi All. Trying this ROM again after being on stock + for months. Great work. Good to see its a lot more stable. Having trouble with Google now crashing when I ask it a question. Can't remember this being an issue last time I tried it. I've updated Google search but had no luck. Any ideas? Is it only me but does this ROM hurt your eyes?

Do you mean too bright? If so I agree that it does not dim enough when it's really dark. 0% seems more like 20%

Guest wards5150

Could be. It is always brighter after a reboot as well. Been on this ROM for a week now and after reading various stuff online my eyes hurt. Didn't have the problem in Stock +.

Guest YurikRecords

Maybe it was an accident ... but ...

527 - works great for me! No reboots, no signal loss. It's definitely a great ROM!

528 - signal loss and slow interface.

529 - very slow interface. While back to 527. Waiting for 530 :-)

Guest wards5150

I've been able to get the voice search on Google now to work once. The first time I used it and then if you clear the cache in Google search app but after it works once it fails every time after that. Anyone else have this issue?

Guest Dazzozo

Maybe it was an accident ... but ...

527 - works great for me! No reboots, no signal loss. It's definitely a great ROM!

528 - signal loss and slow interface.

529 - very slow interface. While back to 527. Waiting for 530 :-)

The only changes in those were CM's. o_O

Guest SyrupDErable

I went to flash 30/5"nightly" and got a symlink error.

I am usin' CMW Recovery 6.0.2.1

What's going on?

Is that ALL the error message says?

I'm fairly tolerant with newbies, but what's with checking with Google Search before posting queries -- this could be / likely is "yet another" error downloading the ROM -- that's what a Google Search will tell you, so how about checking here before next asking? (downloading via Wi-Fi -- reliable connection, etc etc)

http://www.bam-andro...php/t-3781.html

Edited by SyrupDErable

Guest wards5150

Wards5150 - Yeah, Google Now voice input only works 1st time for me too

Fixed search by doing this:

1. Uninstalled Google search from settings - Apps - Google Search.

2. Open Play store & install Google search again

3. Dont open Google search now.

4. Change Language settings to English (Australia) in Settings -> Language & input -> Language

5 Open Google search now & skip the Now setup at the startup (select May be Later)

6 Go to settings page in Google Search (Right bottom corner) & select voice and verify the Language shows English (Australia).

7. Select Google Now & Enable it by selecting ON.

Why it worked who knows tried all above but used English UK but that didn't work. Then tried English Australia and it worked.

Guest YurikRecords

The only changes in those were CM's. o_O

Sorry. It seems possible to blame my unstable bootloader (Huawei did not send me the code :( )

Today, the 527 was also a loss of signal. :unsure:

Your best ROM for me, everything works great!

Thank you so much for your work, Dazzozo! mol.gif

Only annoying signal loss ...

Can you suggest any other bootloader that does not have this problem, or still waiting for a response from Huawei?

Guest efix_LT

Today, the 527 was also a loss of signal. :unsure:

can you explain more about signal loss? I'm 10 meters (!!!) away from mobile tower (he is on the roof) with excelent (-51 dBm) signal and 2G only, but sometimes i have missing calls (they forwarding to other phone). In settings\battery - 'time without signal' is 0%

Guest LimixXx

Hi Dazzozo. At first i have to say great job! I've been using your roms CM10 or CM10.1 since i bought G300. But since last 3 nightlies (527) i have a problem with PowerAmp. It's working but when I try to change a song it will always minimalize. I think that nobody report that bug so I did ;) . Again great work you're the best! :)

Guest mager23

I there, with this rom, i have problems with network, sometimes doesn't work. In 1 day i must turn reboot phone to stay with network and i must do it 3 or 5 times. Why? What can i do? The rest is func well. :(

Guest Titas

Fixed search by doing this:

1. Uninstalled Google search from settings - Apps - Google Search.

2. Open Play store & install Google search again

3. Dont open Google search now.

4. Change Language settings to English (Australia) in Settings -> Language & input -> Language

5 Open Google search now & skip the Now setup at the startup (select May be Later)

6 Go to settings page in Google Search (Right bottom corner) & select voice and verify the Language shows English (Australia).

7. Select Google Now & Enable it by selecting ON.

Why it worked who knows tried all above but used English UK but that didn't work. Then tried English Australia and it worked.

Bonzer! Ace! Fair dinkum! ( Works a treat - tho slightly inconvenient having to speak with the aussie accent :))

Guest SyrupDErable

Hands and then restarts when on Google navigation for me.

"hands"???

which version? which nightly?

does that mean that Google Search, and Voice search, work OK without any problems?

Guest SyrupDErable

I'm guessing he meant "hangs"

ok, this isn't a repeat of the "old" problem is?? .... which is why I was asking about when, precisely, it happens, and with what -- this used to happen to me "in the old days", pre-nightlies, and with Google Voice, which was easily fixed by just downloading Search again, so ......

for me, I believe "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", and, whether I'm just lucky enough to not be using the "wrong things" (things still "buggy") but I've been using the build of May 24, without any hangs or "problematic" (rare) re-starts, or other probs so for me

"it ain't broke, so ...."

Guest NikitoGR

For the latest negative feedbacks, what if you try to flash the previous nightlies 2013/05/20 or 21 or 22 ? Will the rom behave better?

Guest u8815-15

while playing casual games like temple run phone restarts

anyone no a fix?

look at this

It works for a few moments and then the phone reboots. I'm gonna have a look at the logs now that you've mentioned it.

Added gapps on 1st post. You have to flash them too.

Edit: Had a quick look on the logs. It's mostly a temple run issue and Unity3D engine they use, not going to troubleshoot this anymore. TempleRun is broken.